• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night) vs Mega Man (Classic) [0-0-0]

Yeah yeah,it's fine,just got heated up a bit.also it's frustrating to repeat something to a guy who has no idea what he is talking about and is kinda arguing for the verse.
TBH it's why I've entirely stopped engaging with Fate, it's literally out of my hands with the crap going on with it by this point-- and I don't feel like going through a billion series I don't care about to understand it all.

TBH it's why I've entirely stopped engaging with Fate, it's literally out of my hands with the crap going on with it by this point-- and I don't feel like going through a billion series I don't care about to understand it all.
its not even a fate thing,like that's not even how speed equal matches work.

Shirou only has subsonic combat speed in base(his reaction speed is irrelevant)with amps to ftl combat speed.in speed equal combat speed gets equalised to lowest speed meaning both are subsonic at the beginning and shirou Amps himself to ftl speed.

How hard is this to understand?

its not even a fate thing,like that's not even how speed equal matches work.

Shirou only has subsonic combat speed in base(his reaction speed is irrelevant)with amps to ftl combat speed.in speed equal combat speed gets equalised to lowest speed meaning both are subsonic at the beginning and shirou Amps himself to ftl speed.

How hard is this to understand?
I know how that works Violet, I'm the one who brought it to public attention.

If the speed truly can't be matched it should just be close, however one last thing Shirou is already amped before the beginning of the fight since UBW is already active wouldn't Mega Man be brought down to shirou's amped speed ?

Also still in denial about the time stop ? In shirou's profile its litteraly stated:
"Limited Resistance to Magic, including [...], Time Stop, [...] (All magi and characters with Magic Circuits have resistance to magical effects that aim to control and create effects within others, by rejecting the effect with magical energy).
Also when searching for 40 minutes i found this thread. Where it's stated:
" Magic Resistance makes servants resistant to magecraft and that includes magecraft belonging to the emiya family which is able to slow down and speed up time."
Which contradict your claim that they don't get TIme Stop resistance from magic.
Funny thing it that in that same thread, it address your imaginary space argument but apply it to servants only never mentionning the magus. If you want to apply it to magus do a CRT but for now it's not valid.
Plus you haven't addressed the BFR at all.

The broken phantasm aren't stated anywhere close to a true name release, even by checking Archer's profile, yes Caladbog II and Hrunting are Low-B but because he release their true name in combination of being a broken phantasm. A broken phantasm simply increase the rank of the attack by one.

Also yes Gawain upscales from 962 gigatons, but Shirou downscales from Gawain.
Gawain (B+ STR)> Archer (D STR)> Shirou

Also let's accept that Shirou can keep up UBW for an infinite amount of time. Mega Man can still beat him with a lot of means like burning him with atomic fire or electrocute him.

This ain't happening,since shirou resistance doesn't even come from them.
What does Shirou’s resistance to BFR come from? Rock’s BFR works via reversing the target’s gravity and launching them into space. Unless Shirou has resistance to Gravity Manipulation (which I don’t see), then Rock’s BFR should work.

What does Shirou’s resistance to BFR come from? Rock’s BFR works via reversing the target’s gravity and launching them into space. Unless Shirou has resistance to Gravity Manipulation (which I don’t see), then Rock’s BFR should work.
Huh, that's pretty weird. Shirou  should resist Gravity Manipulation for the same reason as most of his other resistances, but it's not listed.

Anyway, if I remember correctly (which I probably don't), Shirou's BFR resistance is dimensional BFR, I think.

Shirou's profile makes it very clear he only resists time stop via rejecting magic around him, and Mega Man's time stop is magic based. Shirou's resistance is useless here

Shirou's profile makes it very clear he only resists time stop via rejecting magic around him, and Mega Man's time stop is magic based. Shirou's resistance is useless here
As weird as it sounds, "magecraft" and resistances to it usually are just treated as the general supernatural, not just magic, at least that's how we treat it here if I remember correctly, which would mean that Shirou resists Rock's time stop.

Mega Man is a science based verse, "supernatural" would imply that there's magic or something not-science in the verse. So the time stop would be achieved through "natural" means
Sorry, I should've clarified that I meant any supernatural effect.

Even advanced technology is considered supernatural in the Nasuverse.

If any of the other Nasuverse supporters think I'm off-base, feel free to correct me.

Sorry, I should've clarified that I meant any supernatural effect.

Even advanced technology is considered supernatural in the Nasuverse.

If any of the other Nasuverse supporters think I'm off-base, feel free to correct me.
In the Fate series, technology isn't typically considered "supernatural" in the traditional sense. The Fate universe tends to focus more on magic, mythical beings, and legendary heroes rather than advanced technology. However, there are instances where technology and magic intersect, such as with certain characters utilizing advanced weaponry or gadgets alongside their magical abilities. So, while technology isn't inherently supernatural in the Fate verse, it can certainly play a significant role alongside more traditional elements.

In the Fate series, technology isn't typically considered "supernatural" in the traditional sense. The Fate universe tends to focus more on magic, mythical beings, and legendary heroes rather than advanced technology. However, there are instances where technology and magic intersect, such as with certain characters utilizing advanced weaponry or gadgets alongside their magical abilities. So, while technology isn't inherently supernatural in the Fate verse, it can certainly play a significant role alongside more traditional elements.
Well, the first example that came to my mind were the Machine Gods.

Well, the first example that came to my mind were the Machine Gods.
That is extremely beyond what Megaman can do, like, they are led by a God

A LITERAL, GOD

And they were created by a civilization beyond the universe, probably from the universe before ours

Megaman is not close to that level of "uniqueness"

Because in no world Megaman is a "conceptual god" nor megaman is born from defied phenomena

Megaman is a normal machine compared to that

That is extremely beyond what Megaman can do, like, they are led by a God

A LITERAL, GOD

And they were created by a civilization beyond the universe, probably from the universe before ours

Megaman is not close to that level of "uniqueness"

Because in no world Megaman is a "conceptual god" nor megaman is born from defied phenomena

Megaman is a normal machine compared to that
Well, the main reason I brought it up was to show that advanced technology can and is treated as equivalent to supernatural phenomenon (their "Authorities" are functions distributed through their nanomachines, yet that seems to be equivalent to the Authorities of other Gods). It was an extreme example, but it was the first one I thought of.

I guess Spiritron Hacking and Code Casts in the Fate/Extra games would've been a better example.

Code Casts
Uses soul particles, Megaman has no soul, if we were using X, I could buy it

Spiritron Hacking
Spiritrons is using the soul so I guess is the same but I don't remember this

If Fate technology is reliant of using souls as energy, then Megaman should not be counted as similar in any regard, is a "normal" machine compared to Fate machines, is using "regular energy"

Does Rock not have a soul? I thought all Robot Masters did, or is that just the Reploids?

And Codecasts don't necessarily use the soul. They are "programs" created by the hacker to perform the equivalent of spells.
You don't remember what?
If Fate technology is reliant of using souls as energy, then Megaman should not be counted as similar in any regard, is a "normal" machine compared to Fate machines, is using "regular energy"
No, technology does not rely on souls, only certain ones do.

You don't remember what?
I don't remember what is spiritron hacking exactly but I remember what is a spiritron so...

No, technology does not rely on souls, only certain ones do.
And the ones that are not reliant on souls are considered super natural when they are just normal technology? Because codecast is basically magecraft but instead of using mana/mystery is using spiritrons and is a new technology in Fate extra
Does Rock not have a soul? I thought all Robot Masters did, or is that just the Reploids?
Only reploids

What I have learned from this is that I am terrible at making analogies and/or giving examples.
Or today is not your day

I don't remember what is spiritron hacking exactly but I remember what is a spiritron so...
Oh, fair enough.
And the ones that are not reliant on souls are considered super natural when they are just normal technology?
Well, the spaceships from the Servantverse are.
Because codecast is basically magecraft but instead of using mana/mystery is using spiritrons and is a new technology in Fate extra
Well, it is considered "technology", which is why I brought it up.
Only reploids
Ok.
Or today is not your day
Probably.

I'm voting Megaman, gravity hold is probably his best wincon cause I don't see shirou resisting it unless resists gravity or all the laws of physics as a whole to not get yeeted into space.

Isn't x "soul" made of data, instead of you know...Soul

At least It would be similar for SBA, is not 100% but a machine with a soul is more likely to be considered "supernatural" than a normal machine, but that is irrelevant right now and only an example of why Classic is in no way supernatural, or then a ******* washing machine is also supernatural if a robot powered by solar energy is considered supernatural

Shirou smurf shenanigans requiere a soul to work right? Because I am not buying "projection" being inherently a way to instantly destroy concepts

I'm voting Megaman, gravity hold is probably his best wincon cause I don't see shirou resisting it unless resists gravity or all the laws of physics as a whole to not get yeeted into space.
Well, that might not be a win-condition since the fight is within Unlimited Blade Works (Shirou's Reality Marble), so outer space doesn't exist and Shirou can still fight while being thrown into the air.

Well, souls in the Nasuverse are made of the soul, information, and concepts (and the maybe the mind and memories) while also being higher dimensional.

Not that it matters since Rock doesn't have one, I guess. (Though, I guess in Nasuverse terms, he's similar to puppets or automatons with personalities placed in them. That's not relevant, it was just a neat observation I just thought up).

Shirou smurf shenanigans requiere a soul to work right? Because I am not buying "projection" being inherently a way to instantly destroy concepts
That depends. All of his abilities and resistances are smurf. Some of his Projections like Caladbolg II and Gae Blog are Conceptual weapons, which don't require souls to attack with their concepts.

Well, that might not be a win-condition since the fight is within Unlimited Blade Works (Shirou's Reality Marble), so outer space doesn't exist and Shirou can still fight while being thrown into the air.
Does the sky inside of a Reality Marble have an upper limit? Cause if not then Rock's gravity hold can probably still work even if they're inside Shirou's Reality Marble.

Does the sky inside of a Reality Marble have an upper limit? Cause if not then Rock's gravity hold can probably still work even if they're inside Shirou's Reality Marble.
Well, there are some implications that Unlimited Blade Works is infinite in size, but I don't remember if that's accepted on the wiki.

Regardless, I'm not sure if that would still work as a win-condition even if Unlimited Blade Works is limited in size since Reality Marbles are their own pocket dimensions. Shirou can still fight from anywhere within it since he creates and controls all of the weapons in it telekinetically.

Back