• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shoot down the dragon! (Misaka Mikoto vs Isis Philae)

I think this is interesting, so I'll see how it goes. I was inspired by John's match, so I decided to put her up against another 9-A

Misaka is in her first key. Isis is in her Hybrid Dragon form (9-A version)

Speed is equalized.

Distance is 20 meters apart.

Battle takes place at a playground.

Who wins!?

The Drago: 0

The Shooter: 0

Inconclusive: 2 (XDragnoir, Buttersamuri)

She usually starts with spawning a few dozen of her snakes to send at her opponents, while also abusing her flight.

Isis doesn't use her biological hax in combat situations. It might be because she's used to fighting hordes of demons.

Isis is 9-A, so any attack of hers will one shot Mikoto. Her snakes included. Which multiply by a factor of 5-10 each time they "die". They also impart poison whenever they bite someone. On her profile it says the poison kills within a minute, but I'll need to check that at some point. As I recall it being potent enough to kill within several seconds. Here it doesn't seem like it'll matter too much, since the snake's bite itself would kill Misaka.

Isis' other stuff (magma manip, fire manip, energy blasts, forcefield around the opponent) almost always come secondary to first summoning a few dozen snakes.

I hope this helps.

Well, Mikoto can kill the snakes with electric attacks, right? And iron sand can be used to counter the magma.

No. Think of the snakes like the heads of a hydra. Rather than dying, they multiply. So if she tries to kill one snake, she'll end up facing five. If she tries to kill a group of them, say 20 or so, she'll be facing 100+ snakes.

And yes, iron sand can counter the magma. Though magma is probably her least used ability. And I'm sure the heat would affect the material.

If you have any more questions on Isis, feel free to ask.

After seeing the snakes are multiplying, she will stop killing them and focus her attacks at Isis, and both Railgun and iron sand can oneshot.

Btw, when you said you had a 9A opponent for Mikoto, i thought you would use Mikoto's 9A key.

Oh, actually, now that I look at it, the railgun is only strong enough to one shot if it pierces Isis directly. The DC of it is a little less than double Isis' durability.

Her second key is 9A in ap and with shields, the iron sand can also one shot, and she can use iron sand railguns (up to 20 at the same time) but most of it would be ooc for Mikoto, maybe incap with electric attacks?

How does her first key differ from the second key aside from the iron sand railguns?

And what specifically is ooc for Mikoto? In the first and second keys respectively please.

I think i messed things up, my bad. The iron sand railguns are used in her first key, the only change from 1st to 2nd key is the Anti-Art Attachment.

Mikoto doesn't uses railguns (or anything else) to kill humans IC.

All good.

If that's the case, then I'll keep it limited to her first key. Same as her battle against John.

Gotcha. Though Isis is a human-dragon hybrid in this form. So she may pull it out. I'm not sure.

Well, Mikoto used eletricity targeted at Raifu's internal organs in chapter 111 of the railgun mangá, so idk, i don't think she has done anything like that in any other situation.

Okay. So maybe it's something she'll pull out a bit after her other options have been exhausted? Though that sounds like potential durability negation.

Do you have enough information to form an opinion on the outcome?

Yeah, maybe, she did it to end the fight, and yes, it is dura negation.

I think Mikoto has enough defenses and ways to incap/kill, while Isis also has all of that, but in small amounts, so, probably Mikoto?

In small amounts? If Isis breathes she one shots, lol.

Though you sound unsure? Are you leaning more towards an incon?

Mikoto survived Accel breathing in her ear, Accel is 5B, and thus she resists 5B breathing.

Yeah, Incon is better.

Btw, do you know a good opponent for Mikoto's 3rd key?

Yeah. The folk in Butter's voting thread likely haven't followed the link.

I'll spread it somehow. Maybe some ToAru supporters would be interested.

Back