• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we create two versions for Boros? To differentiate the Anime Ver. and the Manga Ver.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, we have the confirmation that Anime Boros is "stronger", Murata having confirmed to us that the Boros from the anime, can destroy a Planet, and to leave no doubt he said "Destroy the Earth and not the surface". So we have two different versions, in the same way as the Goku from Dragon Ball Manga and the one from the Anime. So what do you think?

I read that Anime is considered as Second Canon, with the Manga Databook and all that other stuff. But in truth it would clarify things by pointing out that Boros (Manga) is different from Boros (Anime), as that one from the Webcomic is too. Thus, those who claim that Boros can destroy a planet will have they're reasons, but they will debate with a secondary-cano Boros.

Here somes links :

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/8n047m/stream_spoilers_chapter_93_prerelease_megathread/e0lnv7o/

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/8n047m/stream_spoilers_chapter_93_prerelease_megathread/

Maybe an anime Saitama too.

This has been brought up in the past btw but has never really got anywhere

You need more than just him being "stronger" than his Manga counterpart to get profile. Is there any other difference between this Boros and his Manga version besides power?.

The Goku example doesn't really work because Anime Goku has been through a few things Manga Goku hasen't along with being much stronger.

His regen and limited flight work slightly differently, but that's about all I can think of.

I guess an Anime Key for them is ok. I don't see any harm honestly. A new profile isn't necessary tho.

LordGriffin1000 said:
You need more than just him being "stronger" than his Manga counterpart to get profile. Is there any other difference between this Boros and his Manga version besides power?.

The Goku example doesn't really work because Anime Goku has been through a few things Manga Goku hasen't along with being much stronger.
Not a profile, but a Key, like the one on Saitama's Profile.

There would need to be an anime only key for Geryuganshoop as well if this was implimented.

Oh and especially for Tatsumaki.

Tatsumaki actually has a timeframe for how long it took for her to throw throw the shells back up using a KE calc and updating the manga version of the calculated feat. Would be prolly a tier jump up using anime version ya

This isn't necessary.

The only difference between two profiles would be a tier change,otherwise they would be identical.

The anime it's not its own canon separated from the manga canon so no, we shouldn't add nor a key nor an anime profile for neither of these characters.

Well, I personally wouldn't mind an extra 5-B statistics key for anime Boros and Saitama, but it may be a bit outside of our standard practices to do so.

Exactly. If a different statistics is the only argument for such a thing then we'd have to add a lot of keys/profiles for characters who are different enough from their canon counterparts. And considering most adaptations are just that and not a new canon by itself that'd be go against our standards.

True enough. It will continue to make a lot of people who have only watched the OPM anime series very annoyed with us though.

I know. But we go by accuracy not fanservice so they can get as angry as they can, but as long as the anime doesn't create its own canon such things will not be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back