• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't Dante Have Infinite Speed?

The Argosax statement is pretty solid sure, i mean we even see his instantaneous like movements in gameplay but i think the statement reads more like Infinite speed than Immeasurable.

It says that Argosax has "instantaneous movement that transcends time and distance" instantaneous movement = Able to travel any finite distance in zero time aka in a instant!. Transcends time also makes sense since characters that have infinite speed are able to move indefinitely while time literally stands still, so time is not applicable to them. Distance also doesn't matter to them since they can travel anywhere instantly.

But what do you guys think?

An "instant" is not zero time
"Instant" typically refers to a moment in time that is infinitesimally short, so short that it's often considered as having zero duration. It's a concept used in physics and mathematics to describe a precise point in time, without any extension or duration. So, in a sense, yes, you could think of an "instant" as having zero time duration.

"Instant" typically refers to a moment in time that is infinitesimally short, so short that it's often considered as having zero duration. It's a concept used in physics and mathematics to describe a precise point in time, without any extension or duration. So, in a sense, yes, you could think of an "instant" as having zero time duration.
So if I instantly respond to this message do I have infinite speed?

Tbh I've always agreed with it being infinite speed instead of immeasurable. In order to get immeasurable you have to focus way too much on "transcending time" when it's moreso just referring to the ability to move any distance in basically 0 time or instaneously.

Tbh I've always agreed with it being infinite speed instead of immeasurable. In order to get immeasurable you have to focus way too much on "transcending time" when it's moreso just referring to the ability to move any distance in basically 0 time.
yeah i questioned the immeasurable speed here

This is quite literally textbook definition of immeasurable speed, idk how yall interpret this as only infinite speed
i get told a lot that you need proof of being so fast that you're able to go back or forward in time or being so fast that time is destroyed
thats are examples of immeasurable speed

i get told a lot that you need proof of being so fast that you're able to go back or forward in time
thats an example of immeasurable speed
No, that's one way to qualify for immeasurable speed, sure, but its not required per se. Transcending time and distance is literally transcending the speed formula itself, which is what immeasurable speed is

No, that's one way to qualify for immeasurable speed, sure, but its not required per se. Transcending time and distance is literally transcending the speed formula itself, which is what immeasurable speed is
I know Immeasurable speed trancends time and space, but i thought that in this context, trancending time reads more like Argosax being superior to it due to the fact that he's above common measureaments of time like minutes, seconds, etc... Since he's able to move while time stands still.

The statement does specifically say that he transcends time and distance with his speed. That is the definition for immeasurable speed, and while immeasurable speed often involves speed that travels through time, it isn't always part of it.

In a similar fashion, faster than light speed and even the speed of light and relativistic speed is frequently associated with time travel due to how those speeds function scientifically, but doesn't require time travel to be present for the speed to be applicable.

Last edited:
I forgot where the original Immeasurable speed upgrade came from; though vaguely remember it having something to do with Pluto. But I agree "Transcending time" alone does not warrant speed. It has often been used for just a generic time travel ability or and ability to be unaffected by time paradox and what not. And moving faster than time can flow is something Infinite speed characters are more than capable of yes. Unless characters can physically hop forward and backwards in time at will and are in full control to what time periods they travel to, I'm not really seeing Immeasurable here and Infinite seems like the at best interpretation from these statements.

"Instantaneous movement" also doesn't sound Immeasurable and more Infinite. If it said "Faster than Instantaneous" it would be a different story.

Last edited:
Yes, this is the definition of immeasurable speed, but in order to give a scale to immeasurable speed, it should be stated that he achieved this success especially with his speed.

Last edited:
Not really seeing why this isn’t immeasurable speed when it’s even stated his speed transcends time and distance itself, so he’d be beyond both aspects of the speed formula.
Deadass this. Time Travel isn't even mentioned here, heck, that's an argument I'm seeing for the first time. It'd be understandable if some argued teleportation, but time travel? Seriously?

Yes, this is the definition of immeasurable speed, but in order to give a scale to immeasurable speed, it should be stated that he achieved this success especially with his speed, otherwise it could even be just a time travel.
No. Time travel is a side-effect of Immeasurable speed, not necessarily a requirement. In fact, often times going back through time is often viewed as merely time travel and not a speed feat.

No. Time travel is a side-effect of Immeasurable speed, not necessarily a requirement. In fact, often times going back through time is often viewed as merely time travel and not a speed feat.
I know it also that's what i wanted to say. What I am trying to say is that if we do not have evidence that he achieved this success with speed, this immeasurable speed achievement cannot be achieved. But I think the staff said there was evidence of this.

Deadass this. Time Travel isn't even mentioned here, heck, that's an argument I'm seeing for the first time. It'd be understandable if some argued teleportation, but time travel? Seriously?
Instantaneous movements is called Teleportation in Japanese tbf.

Even Dragon Ball treats it the term that way with IT which is literally translated as Instantaneous movements so idk.

Last edited:
Back