• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't telepathy ignore durability?

Well, as we all know, there are some hax abilities that can give the middle finger to conventional durability, so people with rather weak can hurt being with much higher durability.

I was looking through some profiles, and I didn't see any that listed a character being capable of ignoring durability by telepathy. First I though that it was because it didn't really damage the body like atomization hax and such, but sould manipulation also doesn't damage the body and is listed in multiple profiles as ignoring durability.

With tp, you can turn your enemy into a vegetable, no matter how durable he is, if he doesn't have enough mental defences. So, why isn't it listed in the ap section of the profiles as a way to ignore conventional durability?

(There might be profiles that list it as such, that I'm not aware of.)

It does bypass durability. It would just take way too much time to go and list every single character with mind manipulation, let alone with durablility ignoring hax as (blank ignores conventional durability)

That;d be really tiring to do to go through every single character to telepathy JUST to do that, though...

ehh... what is sould manipulation?

Anyway, I known some characters with telekinesis that ignore durability controling intern organs, but is cuz was stated, so we shouldn't always assume that telekinesis= durability negation

emm... I think that you're confusing telepathy with telekinesis: telepathy is only read the main, can varie from only known what is the opponent thinking to erase memories, meanwhile telekinesis is controling object with the mind, that power is that could ignore durability

HokageMangaVox said:
Goku and Superman are inmune to telepahty, so nop.
Don't know about Goku, but Superman certainly isn't. He's been affected by telepathy too many times.

A weakened Martian Manhunter erased his mind with ease:

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11127/111275532/5206494-4908002042-RCO00.jpg

Even if he was, he's not resisting it with durability, but with mental defences that he has. It's like resisting soul attacks with soul resistance. Got it?

"emm... I think that you're confusing telepathy with telekinesis: telepathy is only read the main, can varie from only known what is the opponent thinking to erase memories, meanwhile telekinesis is controling object with the mind, that power is that could ignore durability"

No, I mean, destroying the mind of your enemy, turning them into a avegetable with telepathy, or just kicking their asses in a mental battle. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQX-z9f4Jeo

Or this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...936-justiceleague2011-020-012_zps14352c3f.jpg

When has Goku been confirmed to have an immunity to Telepathy? I can agree on RESISTANCE to it since Babadi's did absolutely nothing to Vegeta but saying immune to it is a strech.

Pretty sure Skeletor has brainwashed both pre-crisis and post-crisis Superman. So yeah, I don't think they're immune to mind hax.

We cannot go through every profile to write down what should be self-evident.

Depends entirely on the type of telepathy/mind control, and how powerful it is. It can be assumed what characters logically are and aren't immune or resistant to it, and I don't think we can go through every telepath's page and add "possibly ignores durability".

Back