• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't Umineko basically be human level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically acknowledged in universe that all of Umineko's impressive feats are basically make belief. So shouldn't Umineko be base human level or lower?

I think this should be much lower, because everything is just a fiction and collective hallucinations of mentally unhealthy people.

@Dark

Not to be rude, but wouldn't it be better to disprove this user rather than mock him?

As I understand it, there are multiple possible interpretations of Umineko's story, being magic exists, magic doesn't exist, and magic exists but the murders were done without magic. Though there's a lot of other stuff from the producers that backs of the "magic is real" argument I hear.

Reppuzan said:
@Dark
Not to be rude, but wouldn't it be better to disprove this user rather than mock him?
It's hard to do, because I don't even know what exactly he means.

My position is that people should stop associating global cosmology with the Umineko story only.

I have already given examples that some of Umineko's things may not work at all in other stories.

But all this requires a more detailed consideration, which I still plan to do with the help of Azzy (but he's busy).

Monarch Laciel said:
As I understand it, there are multiple possible interpretations of Umineko's story, being magic exists, magic doesn't exist, and magic exists but the murders were done without magic.
Though there's a lot of other stuff from the producers that backs of the "magic is real" argument I hear.
It does not matter on a global scale. Umineko story is nothing more than just a story for beings which are transcendental to stories.

The author himself in the afterword to Rose Guns Days Season 2 manga says something like "in contrast to the worlds of Higurashi and Umineko, there are no repeats, magic and life after death in the RGD". Above I gave an example of how a youkai from Higanbana can ignore the rules of Umineko and confirm its own existence with red truth. And Bern can, for example, put yokai from Higanbana in RGD. She does not care about the internal structure of these stories, because she does not belong to this stories and their laws. Even in the story itself, Bern denied magic while playing the role of a villain.

Bern is the author's cat Lambdadelta is literally a cake am 07th expansion fan, the whole thing was just the shared hallucinations of literally mentally unhealthy people (like most literature) being Ange, Battler (the writer), and Ikuko. If it can be viewed from a non-magical perspective that's the perspective we should take when dealing with the power of the verse or add the addendum that assuming magic exists the characters are at such and such a tier.

So yeah, that's the argument I'm making "I think this should be much lower, because everything is just a fiction and collective hallucinations of mentally unhealthy people." You hit it right on the nose.

Plus, if magic actually existed at all in Umineko why didn't Ange bring back her family members with resurrection magic, magic makes it so that even if she could that's something that's only real to her and whoever "acknowledges" it was real. From an objective outsider's standpoint they're still dead. That's kinda the whole point magick can make anything happen but only if you eschew "reality" and create your own, that was actually rather cruelly deconstructed in Higanbana in the chapter the Princess's Lie in which a character under the influence of Black Tea gentleman does essentially what Maria, Beatrice and eventually Ange does to achieve happiness but this time it grossly backfires and almost gets her killed/eaten.

We are not going to downgrade Umineko. Sorry.

Azathoth will hopefully help DarkLK to revise it soon though.

Plus doesn't the Chapter Umineko our confessions basically stip away all the fantastical elements and tells us what really happened leading up to and during the murders all without magick? Couldn't the whole aspect of Ange being in the books just be a way of Battler writing his sister into his own manuscript based on some research he's done on her? So wouldn't that make this whole thing human level?

Plus even in Higanbana the stand in for Umineko is just a popular anime/theaterpiece. Unless there was something I sorely missed.

Actually you know what nevermind keep it the way it is. I feel like if start treating the different perspectives we would have to get into author's intentions and that is extremely messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back