• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel Knight (Verse) Ability Revision

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Looking at Shovel Knight's page...I noticed that his Powers and Abilities section is quite....lacking despite the Relics, Armors, and Upgrades to the Shovel Blade

Fire Manipulation via Fire Rod

Intangibility via Phase Locket

Limited Flight via Propeller Dagger

Transmutation(?) via Alchemy Coin

Temporary Invincibility via Ichor of Boldness (Game Mechanics, DO NOT add)

Self Healing via Ichor of Renewal (refills magic as well)

I don't know what to list War Horn, Chaos Orb, Ichor of Fortune (Temporary Self Magnetism?), Armors, and Shovel Blade Upgrades as

Specter Knight

Time Manipulation via Chronos Coin (Slows down time)

Soul Manipulation via Bonding Soul (Attacks with a lost soul that reflects off of surfaces)

Duplication via Shadow Mirror

Can regain his will via Will Skull (Will is basically Health for Specter Knight)

Barrier Creation via Barrier Lantern (Lasts indefinitely, only blocks projectiles and can be shot in the direction Specter Knight is facing)

Necromancy (in the form of an item) via Skeletal Sentry

Explosion Manipulation via Skeletal Sentry (Apparently Specter Knight uses Killer Queen to touch the Skeletal Sentry....)

Intangibility via Judgment Rush (Can go through walls)

I think that this seems mostly reasonable. "Invincibility" isn't quantifiable though.

Yes, I did think Ichor of Boldness would most likely not be accepted, but I put it anyway just in case

Also, I believe this would also apply to Custom Knight (I have only played the 3DS version)

Also, if anyone has any abilities that the armors, upgrades, and other relics would fall under, it can be added to this thread as opposed to making another, and if nobody has anything, this can be closed once the abilities are added

Also, if I don't reply, I'm not getting notifications from this thread for some reason

Actually, I will make this thread include all 3 playable knights as there is already an instruction manual for Specter of Torment

I think that you can probably make the suggested changes.

The page for Shovel Knight is locked

(I assume due to people trying to use the non canon fight with Kratos to wank)

I shall add the abilities for Specter Knight though, since they are on the manual on the Yacht Club Games site

It might be best to find something to list every item as (unless it's a pure game mechanics thing, like Ichor of Boldness), and then unlock the profile to make one single change to the profile, instead of having to unlock it just for adding the War Horn as shockwaves or something

I have made the current changes proposed for Shovel Knight, you can lock the profile now

Since this is still open, and checking on the profiles

For Plague knight: He aquires a duplicating ability in specter of torment, simply clones with less health then himself.

For Specter knight: He should MAYBE have a second key, related to the "powers he gains" when the specter of torment campaing ends, here he gets the powers: Summon storms, Flight (flew all the way from the tower to the village to deliver reize to safety), telekinesis (Or at least scyte manipulation, seeing as he makes it fly in his boss battle), And teleportation.

Aside from that, his regular key could include the diferent mails and curios into the equipment section (since some curios arent mentioned), and include "skating" and skill at parkour as an ability. finally, add caltrops.

Back