• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Showa Godzilla Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Zone Fighter blows up his meteor, he fires a gravity beam and then gets blasted before they ram into each other and Ghidorah tries to retreat where they later fight

I agree with Kepekley that actively antagonising Gallavant is not acceptable at all.

Also, let's not exaggerate what he did. It does not seem to have been all that bad, more of a misunderstanding regarding what is acceptable on his part. He should obviously not do so again in the future though.

OT: Are we saying ZF's KE is outlier now? When he jumps into space? The 11 Megaton value

Qawsedf234 said:
Well going by the current calcs I would say the meteor seems like a outlier. Just vastly above everything else.
Which meteor feat? King Ghidorah's 11 megato meteor feat is met with a similar strength non-meteor feat by Zone Fighter.

Or the Comet K feat which is mostly related to Toho civs' capabilities? But theres a self destruct kaiju too.

From what I'm getting from this thread is that both feats are outlier, and when I bring up Comet K, 2 more feats are outlier, making 4 outliers?? 3 kaiju applicable feats

How many feats do you need to stop saying outlier?

Antvasima said:
Also, let's not exaggerate what he did. It does not seem to have been all that bad, more of a misunderstanding regarding what is acceptable on his part. He should obviously not do so again in the future though.
"This is a misunderstanding" is a complete handwave of what he actually did and shouldn't be used as an excuse when it is actually discussed. I really hope you aren't trying to overlook something like this. This is a serious violation.

A feat by OG Gojira was recently calc to be around 11 megatons btw

Just bringing it up for consistency

Kepekley23 said:
Antvasima said:
"This is a misunderstanding" is a complete handwave of what he actually did and shouldn't be used as an excuse when it is actually discussed. I really hope you aren't trying to overlook something like this. This is a serious violation.
Is it my fault that a low end and a highball happen to coincide?

I was trying to set a durability cieling for the kaiju, since PS73/CometK was a threat to Japan and out of the Top tier Zone Fighter's capabilities to stop.

The episode was called "Crush the Earth with Comet K" and it was untranslated.

You deleted the calc because the result was inconsistent and too high and put in an inaccurate low-end. Then, when some people started to question your other calc that was made to be consistent, you decided you'd go back and remake the high-end, which was the actual timeframe, in order to upgrade.

It's exactly what we said.

Well, I am not well informed about this, but Gallavant has not caused any problems previously.

I suppose that I should stay out of it then.

Kepekley23 said:
You deleted the calc because the result was inconsistent and too high. Then, when some people started to question your other calc that was made to be consistent, you decided you'd go back and remake the high-end, which was the actual timeframe, in order to upgrade.
It's exactly what we said.
I deleted the Comet K calc because it was too high. IT JUST SO HAPPENS, that I was CORRECT about deleting the calc!

Because lowballing with porous rock density and GETTING AN ACCURATE TIMEFRAME makes it consistent with the other new mountain level calc!

The TIMEFRAME WAS FROM YEARS AGO.

I used the new timeframe TO DOWNGRADE. WHY? Because it was CORRECT.

Its the exact same bomb being used in both feats.

King Ghidorah's meteor was magnetic too and porous rock was still used, so I did the same.

You know that you can just edit your comments if you want to add other points

Spamming many comments is counterproductive buddy.

@Kepekley

Given Gallavant's explanation, are you sure that he has really done something wrong?

@Kepley

@Ant knows @Gallavant for a long time, so is normal him to be suprised of what happened here.

On topic the canonicity was accepted, but there is no any visible upgrade for the kaiju.

Antvasima said:
@Kepekley

Given Gallavant's explanation, are you sure that he has really done something wrong?
Yes, I am fairly sure. Because not only has he contradicted himself yet again with this, saying now that the low-end is the actually accurate calc when he had earlier said that he would try to pursue the high-end, which was "more correct", but he has already admitted to have ditched his calc solely because it was an outlier.

This subject is on the HR's hands, however, so I will merely state my thoughts to them in private - let's stop derailing this thread.

Kepekley23 said:
Antvasima said:
@Kepekley

Yes, I am fairly sure. Because not only has he contradicted himself yet again with this, saying now that the low-end is the actually accurate calc when he had earlier said that he would try to pursue the high-end, which was "more correct", but he has already admitted to have ditched his calc solely because it was an outlier.
This subject is on the HR's hands, however, so I will merely state my thoughts to them in private - let's stop derailing this thread.
There is no high end or low end now. Theres accurate calcs according to presumptively standard assumptions.

I had originally intended for Zone Fighter's KE to be in the spotlight rather than the PS73 calcs.

I did not know that anyone was paying attention to a calc from two years ago.

WeeklyBattles said outlier, I did not know which was being referred to. Asked, and no reply. My saying he said the feat was outlier was a blame tactic, my apologies on that part.

So I originally ditched the calc because I thought a mountain level calc would be more in-your-face than a KE calc.

Then later re-evaulated the old one and found that it was consistent.

Kepekley23 said:
You deleted the calc because the result was inconsistent and too high and put in an inaccurate low-end.
Nothing about the calculation is inaccurate. Just because I attempted to leverage a debate doesn't mean I'm intending to commit fraud.

I said I thought it would be triple digit Gigatons. I proved myself wrong by making an accurate calc.

There you go. In the end I've done nothing extremely wrong.

Qawsedf234 said:
Consistency is important. It's why OPM went through a bunch of downgrades due to consistent lower tier stuff. But forced consistency isn't really true consistency. If the results are supposed to be higher then they're supposed to be higher.
There isn't forced consistency, there is coincidence.

Which is apparently required for PS73 not to be outlier.

This was possible because of you and the others help. Thanks.

Yeah we need do that but in my case I dont have the TV show.

But why would they scale to 11 megatons? It being a outlier still hasn't been addressed.

Qawsedf234 said:
But why would they scale to 11 megatons? It being a outlier still hasn't been addressed.
Heisei Godzy has 3 instances of planet level, two are statements. No one says its outlier and just says its all continent level.

Whereas Showa era has the following:

Tech civilization feats:

-Garoga civ's missiles obliterate planet Peaceland

-Humans develop the Neutron bomb, which surpasses the hydrogen bomb in terms of power

-Humans develop the PS73 Bomb strong enough to obliterate a mountain

Kaiju feats:

-Zone Fighter's 11 Megaton KE feat

-King Ghidorah's 11 Megaton Meteor

-Gundarguirus swallows the PS73 bomb

-Godzilla surviving the destruction of Letchi Island, a multiple nuclear warhead detonation

+ more nonscaleable

Also I keep mentioning Letchi Island and no one hears me.

There's nothing to scale Godzilla to the island, so the default Mountain (3000m) should apply.

The entire island fragmented so that should yield some pretty high numbers

I hear you Gallavant. But you must take into account what happened, the reason why this is happening.

I made mistakes before I understand you. You must learn from them and turn yourself in better person.

Nothing about the calculation is inaccurate. Just because I attempted to leverage a debate doesn't mean I'm intending to commit fraud.

I said I thought it would be triple digit Gigatons. I proved myself wrong by making an accurate calc.

There you go. In the end I've done nothing extremely wrong.

I am personally more inclined to take Gallavant's word for this, but it is up to the HR group to decide.

So what I'm getting here is people have a problem that a calculation of my own that's been here for two years that no one really evaluated nor profiled is missing from several hours to a day before its reuploaded and updated.

My bad, but it seems to be a combination of being pretty petty and bad timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back