• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Ness REDUX of a REDUX

Hoo boi, I come back from vacation and see all this happen. Well then. After reading through the comments things seem to favour Shulk as he has a wincon while Nessy-boi does not. So for right now I'll go with Shulk FRA.

Reading the arguments, I'll go with...wowie, Shulk because I agree with what was said above by the previous users in an argument for him!

Stalker Maggot said:
Man, Shulk is really getting a win streak
He's even beating Kratos too
Alot of people still really underestimate Shulk despite the fact that he has wins over many big names in Low 2-C. If this keeps going in Shulk's favor this will also be his first win via actually using Reality Warping

JoshSSJGod said:
Funny how things turn out though. Went from a win for Ness to what looks like a win for Shulk.
1 More Vote + A Grace Period and the record will be 1-1-1

I'm ashamed of the fact that this thread went right under my nose. It really depends on if it's logical for Shulk to use reality warping on Ness, if not it'll be another inconclusive.

It was discussed in earlier in the thread that it wouldn't be OOC for Shulk to use Reality Warping since he would literally be forced too.

And that makes 7 for Shulk, 0 for Ness and 4 for Inconclusive. Grace Period offically starts now.

Ok, I'm gonna come clean..

I had a really "questionable" behavior yesterday; with it varying from sarcasm, frustration, and sometimes just losing hope. Which lead me to blindly vote for Shulk because my head "wasn't in the right place".

What I'm saying is..,

Frank went complete monkey mode and did dumb stuff. My deepest apologies for the inconvenience, I'll try to keep it in. So I will retract my vote for Shulk and vote for Inconclusive since literally the only argument here is just "Meh Reality warping" when Ness has fought up against beings such as Giygas. This isn't really new to him.

TheQuirkyBoy said:
Ok, I'm gonna come clean..
I had a really "questionable" behavior yesterday; with it varying from sarcasm, frustration, and sometimes just losing hope. Which lead me to blindly vote for Shulk because my head "wasn't in the right place".

What I'm saying is..,

Frank went complete monkey mode and did dumb stuff. My deepest apologies for the inconvenience, I'll try to keep it in. So I will retract my vote for Shulk and vote for Inconclusive since literally the only argument here is just "Meh Reality warping" when Ness has fought up against beings such as Giygas. This isn't really new to him.
Hope you're feeling better! Anyways, the reasoning extends beyond just reality warping, yes Ness has fought beings like Giygas, however he couldn't beat Giygas without truth's help. He doesn't have the help of fate manip in this fight due to Shulk's acausality, other then turning his death into a bad dream, in which the monado visions and then proceeds to just have him incap Ness instead.

So I'm assuming that if Giygas has tryed to use reality warping on Ness, he should have resistance to it. So in that case, this might just turn into another inconclusive. Shulk doesn't have any other ways of affecting Ness.

Yes, I know that, but this would in turn give him some sort of resistance given how Ness was unaffected/tanked a lot of attacks from Giygas. Precognition is cool and all, but how is he going to incap him? Most of his attacks are a dud and has no affect on Ness due to his nature.

Incapping Ness? He can only incap with Purge and even then, Monado arts sorta work through spatial manipulation so reality warping seems to be his only choice here.

Thatsafloridathing said:
Incapping Ness? He can only incap with Purge and even then, Monado arts sorta work through spatial manipulation so reality warping seems to be his only choice here.
Purge can't affect Ness because he is a living universe, and Ness also resist that.

TheQuirkyBoy said:
Yes, I know that, but this would in turn give him some sort of resistance given how Ness was unaffected/tanked a lot of attacks from Giygas. Precognition is cool and all, but how is he going to incap him? Most of his attacks are a dud and has no affect on Ness due to his nature.
The only thing he resisted from giygas was his mind hax and void manip. That's not equivalent to Shulk's. He wasn't unaffected by a lot of giygas' attacks either he barely survived a majority of them. Reality Warping allows Shulk to rewrite the universe in his image, there is several different incaps he can do from that alone.

Shulk's Reality Warping also doubles as well really Shulk has 2 Methods of Existence Erasure, but Existence Erasure via RW according to Ness' profile that is something Ness is not resistant too.

Mind hax and Void hax don't really count as RW, they are their own abilities. Wasn't their a statement in EBB that said he could warp the planet or something? That's probably a good example.

And if it's done through Spatial Manipulation, then Ness can resist that just fine.

Actually No, Shulk Existence Erased Zanza via slicing him with the Monado 3. He used Reality Warping to erase the other gods from his Universe.

Thatsafloridathing said:
I feel like I'm missing something here. Shulk used his reality warping to erase Zanza's existence and reset the universe, not incap
He rewrote reality in his own image erasing the idea of gods. Why are we suddenly assuming he can't do something that would take less effort like re-writing it into incapping Ness?

Bware1 said:
Shulk's Reality Warping also doubles as well really Shulk has 2 Methods of Existence Erasure, but Existence Erasure via RW according to Ness' profile that is something Ness is not resistant too.
Existence Erasure? Ness is also able to resist being within Giygas's present, who can erase the universe with his void hax. Existence erasure is sub category of Void Manipulation. He can resist just fine.

Back