• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Soma Cruz

XND Shulk
"Why should we care. What's important isn't whether you can see the future or not. It's the will to make a choice, and the strength to seize your destiny! Our time has come. Our destiny is our own!"

Soma HD
"Finally... I clearly understand... everything. I am...Dracula"

Rules: Both Combatants at Low 2-C
Speed is Equalized

Who Wins & Why?

Shulk
: 0

Soma: 0

Inconclusive: 7

Note: Base Soma is being used, not Dark Lord Soma but can change it if necessary.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this might be inconclusive. Soma's conceptual manipulation is pretty deadly but his future can still be read by Shulk and then Soma would end up having to deal with perception manipulation.

Thatsafloridathing said:
I'm gonna go ahead and say that this might be inconclusive. Soma's conceptual manipulation is pretty deadly but his future can still be read by Shulk and then Soma would end up having to deal with perception manipulation.
Can you explain? Soma resists a lot of stuff

Bobsican said:
Can you explain? Soma resists a lot of stuff
Soma does have alot of resistances but Precognition and Perception Manipulation aren't among them at least not on his profile. Precognition in particular is Shulk's strongest weapon as it's arguably one of the most powerful on this wiki.

Not really, but I get your point.

Perception Manip is only for Precognition in particular, which Soma lacks, making it useless here.

Anyways, Shulk is almost baseline at best and Soma is the strongest of his verse, so Soma has the AP advantage overall, also Soma has actual hax that works, most notably Petrificationa nd Time Stop.

What Shulk can do about them? Overall, it seems Soma has the advantage.

Shulk is actually decently far above baseline, but Soma definetly outclasses him in AP. However Shulk resists Time Stop, and his Perception manipulation dulls all senses. It's not just for Precognition. On a seperate note how does Soma's Petrification work?

Well, Soma lacks a resistance to Precog, so anything really can be precogned.

What Shulk has exactly to get past him? Soma can just spam magic as much as he wants

The only things that Shulk has to help him out that would be viable against Soma would be Perception Manipulation, Stat Amping, Stat Reduction, Status Effect Inducement and Passive Attack Reflection

Alrighty, let's see. Shulk can precog everything Soma is going to do and use his range to AOE purge him taking away Soma's senses. Not sure how Soma's conceptual manip works tho so Inconclusive would be the safest bet. Speaking of my god Shulk's gotten like 6 fights in a couple days that's a new record.

Soma can just heal back from it, he also has Stat Amplification too, BTW.

And Conceptual Manip isn´t combat applicable, if anything, it´s only used for Mid Godly Regenerationn negation, but nothing else.

So does Shulk who also likes to steal Stat Amps with Monado Eater which also heals him. Also healing your senses is not the same as healing a wound therefore it's likely to not even work even if it did Shulk could just purge him again.

Well, they come from his summons, so it´s debatable whether it would work or not, as Shulk lacks a soul, unlike Soma

BTW, what sences are exactly affected and in which fashion?

Monado Purge just dulls its target's senses to put it simply. I assume it would affect all of Soma's senses due to how it's stated to dull the targets perception, meaning Soma wouldn't be able to sense Shulk.

I´m sure that would be too much, as I´ve played Xenoblade and it isn´t that broken as far I remember.

Yes, but that one only prevented it from seeing the future (Aka, precog), nothing more, nothing else.

Yeah, the telethia couldn't read Shulk's mind because it's ability is being powernulled. Alvis also explains that it's perception needed to be dulled in order for Shulk to precog them.

Well, Soma has no Precognition of any kind, so the "normal" senses should still work, with no practical effect whatsoever, like as if you tried to soulhax someone that lacks a soul to begin with.

Perception nulling would still be an option for Shulk because it's still one of the abilities that Purge has, perception manipulation isn't just used in one occurrence.

It'd also happen to be a very viable option at that; it's in-character for him to use it in this situation because Shulk usually uses whatever art is most convenient for dealing with the possible future he sees.

Well, Soma has no precog/mind reading, so the match would still go the exact same way anyways if he used that, which would just be a waste of time.

It would work regardless of that however, the only possible ways Soma wouldn't be affected are if he didn't have any senses to begin with or if he resisted perception nullification.

No, perception maniulation doesn´t work like that.

Shulk having the ability of it doesn´t mean by itself that it can work at the full extent you can think of, only what´s shown, as usual.

If powernull was the only effect of Purge, then that'd be a different story. Purge has multiple effects and they work independently of one another.

Thatsafloridathing said:
If powernull was the only effect of Purge, then that'd be a different story. Purge has multiple effects and they work independently of one another.
Yes, but Soma resists the ones that can be noteworthy.

Thatsafloridathing said:
Yes, but Soma resists the ones that can be noteworthy.

Soma resists two of the effects but that doesn't mean he resists one he doesn't have a resistance to, especially because the perception nullification doesn't need the other two abilities to work.

Back