• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(sigh) Another inFamous abilities revision

Well this was bound to happen soon

Basically, all the inFamous profiles need to lose their immunities

Cole's immunity to electricity needs to go and just be left with resistance. He's shown to have no problem with producing seemingly limitless amount of electricity in the good ending and sending it through his body, but if people like Nora Valkyrie, Laxus Dreyar and Electro, who have dozens of similar feats, don't get immunity, then neither should Cole. Also it's a huge NLF

The immunity to disease for all Counduits needs to be replaced with resistance. It comes from the fact that all Conduits are immune to the Ray Spehere Plague, a cancer-like disease that spreads like wildfire and was stated by the in-universe CDC to be one of the worst epidemics ever seen. Again, while it's impressive, it's not enough to be considered full blown immunity.

Not sure how we want to treat Sasha, but her immunities may need to be left at resistance as well. Also, her pain manipulation and and illusion creation should just be replaced with Perception Manipulation, as she doesn't create actual illusions (Trish couldn't see the Reaper hallucinations that Cole was freaking out about), she just manipulated Cole was perceiving. The hallucinations can actually hurt you as evidenced by Cole taking damage every time the hallucinations "shot" him. Another thing, not sure about this, but shouldn't she also get Type 2 Madness Manipulation? When her tar was turned into a gas and sprayed all over Empire City, it drove its victims stark raving mad, forcing everyone to attack anything not infected.

But now onto the good parts, the additions

All Conduits should get Accelerated Development

Even without the use of things like Blast Core, Ray Spheres and other outside power boosts, Conduits have still shown the ability to get stronger and improve upon their abilities just by fighting and training with them. For example:

Lucy Kuo only had her powers for a few week. At first, she showed that she had no control over them. But after training with Cole for a awhile and using them in different ways, she eventually managed to get to Cole's level

Nix became a powerful Conduit that even Evil Cole had to give props to and developed several powers all be herself just by mixing it up against the Militia for awhile.

Cole MacGrath initially had no control over his powers when he first got them. But after training with them for less than 2 weeks, he had gotten strong enough to casually flip cars and one shot superhuman enemies like the Reapers with headshots. And he got stronger from then on (though he had some help with the substations), and if we want to use the whole upgrades system, he can unlock new powers and increase his striking strength and durability by fighting enemies.

Abigail Walker developed a bunch of her powers while on the run with her brother, and has shown that she can unlock new powers during rage snaps.

Cole and Kessler should also get Status Effect Inducement

Cole can paralyze people with his lightning, and can cause them to suffer from heart attacks, as evidenced by how people struck by his attacks with clutch at their chest and spasm. This scales to Kessler since their literally the same person.

Kessler can also cause paralysis with his electro-magnetism based telekinesis clutching onto you and flinging you around

And finally, Evil Cole can use Nightmare Blast to trap enemies in a clouds of smoke and ash, stunning/paralyzing them, and presumably suffocating them. There's also seemingly electricity used in the attacks.

Kessler should also gain resistance to perception manipulation as it was stated in a dead drop that Sasha's usual tricks had no effect on him. Even Cole, who could resist the mind manipulation of the tar, was shown to be effected by the hallucinations that were brought on by physical contact with the stuff, but Kessler was seemingly unaffected, so that means it will only scale to him and not Cole.

Kessler should also gain resistance to the madness manipulation aspect of the tar as well, since again, he no sold all aspects of the tar. This one actually scales to Cole, since he wasn't driven made by the tar upon making contact with it as well.

Another thing I want to discuss:

Where exactly do the inFamous mountain+ level characters fall on the 7A scale? I've seen a lot of differing answers regarding where they fall on the scale, and it's caused some confusion, so it's best we settle it ASAP.

For reference, mountain+ comes from the fact that Cole created a 300+ megaton storm unintentionally, and with absolutely no control over his powers. Over the course of the game, he gets much stronger through overcharging on substations (which he does so 8 times), absorbing Blast Shards, and fighting (in the game, Cole can upgrades his durability, striking strength, power output, etc by defeating enemies and performing stunts, which is a nod towards the whole "stressing his body" thing and I think it was stated in game that the purpose of the Quarantine was to give Cole an area where he can test out his powers and grow stronger)

So, TL;DR

Conduits lose their immunity to disease and have resistance to disease instead

Sasha should have here pain manipulation and illusion creation switched to perception manipulation

Cole loses his immunity to electricity

All Conduits gain Accelerated Development

Cole and Kessler gain status effect inducemet and resistance to madnesses manipulation

Kessler gains resistance to perception manipulation

What you're describing there is Accelerated Development, not Reactive Evolution. Though Abigail developing new powers with Rage Snaps definitely counts.

Specifically Sasha should get Type 2 Madness Manipulation, using Biological means.

Everything else is Aogood

Well there is also the whole thing that Kuo described about how Conduits can unlock dormant powers and improve upon them by stressing their bodies by using their powers differently... but what your saying also makes sense

Also re-edited the OP to be more tidy and grammatically correct.

Also, just noticed this, but Cole's age needs to be corrected, as nowhere in the game is it implied that he is in his late 20s or early 30s. The game actually doesn't really tell us his age (not the American dub anyway), but going off what we know about Cole, th3 fact that he's a recent college dropout who never finished his last semester, then it's more likely that he's in his early to mid 20s at best.

Well if accelerated development fits the bill better, then I guess I'll switch it out. Ironic considering I was gonna argue for for this on another thread.

But should Cole still keep his reactive evolution then? He was stated to be able to gain new powers and improve upon his other ones by stressing his body in different ways after absorbing blast cores. This would probably also go to Kuo and Nix, as they also used a blast core when they used the power transfer device with Cole.

Yeah, they should keep their limited Reactive Evolution.

Also, should this be added to Cole's weaknesses?

• Because it requires open access to the sky, Lightning Storm cannot be used underground or if the opponent is under a bridge.

Another thing I want to discuss

Where exactly do the inFamous mountain+ level characters fall on the 7A scale? I've seen a lot of differing answers regarding where they fall on the scale, and it's caused some confusion, so it's best we settle it ASAP.

For reference, mountain+ comes from the fact that Cole created a 300+ megaton storm unintentionally, and with absolutely no control over his powers. Over the course of the game, he gets much stronger through overcharging on substations (which he does so 8 times), absorbing Blast Shards, and fighting (in the game, Cole can upgrades his durability, striking strength, power output, etc by defeating enemies and performing stunts, which is a nod towards the whole "stressing his body" thing and I think it was stated in game that the purpose of the Quarantine was to give Cole an area where he can test out his powers and grow stronger)

Thoughts?

I'm still pretty sure it's 999.999999999 Megatons considering that was at the beginning of the game when he had no control of his powers, and before his Conduit powers were actually manifested properly. Then he Powers up a ton beating up dudes, gathering Blast Shards and Activating the Substations.

Pain manipulation through perception manip is still pain manip. Resistances in general are supposed to be listed as resistance and not immunity, so that looks good. All the additions look good to me.

I disagree with the weakness on the grounds that he could still just blast through the ground or the bridge with that AP. It's not like he just straight up loses his connection or anything.

Agree with the resistances thing.

Well she not only manipulates what you feel, but she also manipulates what you see and hear, as the Reaper hallucinations can still be seen and heard, hence why I wanna change it to perception manipulation. Also, pain manipulation is kinda a subset of perception manipulation, so I think it still works.

Make sense about the sky thing

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Can we safely assume that without a calc? I know he powers up a bumuch, but I want to avoid wank.
Well, I'd say as much consider the train we have going.

Kal also kinda approved of this.

Also we need to update the justifications.

We need to point out that Sasha was on Par with an Early game Cole and Alden and Kessler with a late game Cole

It cause confusion when people ask "Wait...I thought Sasha was nearly equal to Cole" for people who aren't familiar with the game and only read justifications.

I was gonna say Sasha should just be left at mountain level, since she only fought Cole early in the game when he had only used ~2 substations, but there's also a statement that she attacked Kessler in the past and didn't die, but the specifics of that fight safe unknown, so idk what to do with her

Okay, yeah, we should specify this stuff with Sasha.

I think "at least Mountain level" works for her, since she fought with a Cole who had a better handle on his powers and used 2 substations (I think), so she should still be above the accidental storm feat, but not to the extent of Mid game Cole or even Alden. Plus, it was noted by Cole that he was unable to kill her despite his efforts, so her durability is pretty beefy.

Okay, so "at least mountain level" for Sasha

Alden can probably stay at he is, but he's still weaker than end game Cole and Kessler, as he fight a Cole who hadn't drained all 8 substations (can't remember how many he used by that point)

I'm pretty sure he took out Alden like just before fighting Kessler. Memory is fuzzy, but I think all the Substations were charged when he actually faced Kessler.

Yeah, when he got to the Historic District, Cole reconnected one more substantion, unlocked Lightning Storm, then did the thing where he protected the three generator things from the First Sons. So, he was close to them in power, but not quite there.

This is supported by the fact that Kessler kinda brushed off Alden's threats when he faced off with him on Alden's Tower, and the fact that near end game Cole briefly considered teaming with Alden to take down Kessler, since he wasn't sure if he had enough power to take him down.

He should probably have the plus, though he's less then 999.999999 Megatons.

Yeah, that's what I meant that he could be left as he was, but his justification should have more information

Also brief update for David Warner's lifting strength:

We see that David could rip a Conduit's spine out

According to the Sub-Zero profile, this would take class K lifting strength, and it should probably be stated as "at least class k" since these are Conduits that he ripped in half

Also, what should we do about Kesslers force field thing? Basically, whenever Kessler is hit, a blue aura pops around him in the aura he's hit, but he still takes some damage from it.

What should we do?

Makes sense

Also forgot to mention, the lifting strength upgrade would scale only to David, as he completely ragdolled Cole ever time they grappled with each other

Gonna wait one more day before making the edits, as it seems like a lot of people agree with the revisions and a lot of the profiles are open

Back