• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Silent Naga (Bakugan) vs Megidramon (Digimon)

GimmyJibbsJr

They/Them
With Silent Naga and Megidramon both in the human world, they meet one another Tokyo, Japan. With no one around to stop them, they begin to fight, the universe being the victor's prize.

Rules:

-Win by K.O. or Death, no BFR.

-Speed Equalized

-No outside help (Naga can't summon or create any Mixed Attribute Bakugan)

-Silent Naga is being used, and Official Guidebook Megidramon is being used (This is a battle between 3-A variants)

Silent Naga: 1

Megidramo: 3

Inconclusive: 1

I'm leaning towards Megidramon. Megidramon's presence alone is enough to cause space-time to begin to collapse. Memory Manipulation and Mind Control are of limited use against someone who just rampages regularly and can hold off Reality Warpers and opponents responsible for the stability of the Digital World's space-time. Time Manipulation is more significant, but I personally don't recall any such feats from my experience with the series (which is admittedly limited), so if someone would like to correct me...

Reppuzan said:
I'm leaning towards Megidramon. Megidramon's presence alone is enough to cause space-time to begin to collapse. Memory Manipulation and Mind Control are of limited use against someone who just rampages regularly and can hold off Reality Warpers and opponents responsible for the stability of the Digital World's space-time. Time Manipulation is more significant, but I personally don't recall any such feats from my experience with the series (which is admittedly limited), so if someone would like to correct me...
The Time Manipulation mainly comes from a power that Naga allowed Masquerade to have. As Masquerade or Alice, he/she could move within the stopped time, but only after Naga took control of him/her and gaveher special powers, like being able to teleport between universes and move in stopped time.

Well, that's not really Time Manipulation. The ability to move in stopped time is actually an Infinite Speed feat. That said, I suppose it would contradict all of their in-story appearances since they actually have travel time, so I suppose it could be more clearly defined as "Resistance to Time Manipulation (Can move in stopped time)"

That said, doesn't time stop whenever a Bakugan Brawl starts on Earth?

Reppuzan said:
Well, that's not really Time Manipulation. The ability to move in stopped time is actually an Infinite Speed feat. That said, I suppose it would contradict all of their in-story appearances since they actually have travel time, so I suppose it could be more clearly defined as "Resistance to Time Manipulation (Can move in stopped time)"
That said, doesn't time stop whenever a Bakugan Brawl starts on Earth?
How would it contradict them? Im not saying Naga would get any speed remotely near infinite but i would just like you to explain it more please

And yes, in the human universe time slows down to a full stop whenever a bakugan brawl starts on earth and they're caused by the field opening via the bakugan cards. And in one episode Dr.Michael explains that those cards are actually a type of energy bodies from the Bakugan itself or something like that. Hell Naga even had his own card before he and Dr. Michael even met in Vestroia. So im guessing the Time Manipulation part is given to Naga via his use of the card but its time hax is only useful outside Vestroia. But the resistance to time manipulation should be fine anywhere.

@Anime4Life

Time stops for everyone OUTSIDE of the bubble formed by the brawl. Time seems to flow normally inside of the bubble. In addition, the Bakugan are shown to have actual travel time when flying around in the events of New Vestroia, meaning that it's impossible for them to have infinite speed.

Reppuzan said:
@Anime4Life
Time stops for everyone OUTSIDE of the bubble formed by the brawl. Time seems to flow normally inside of the bubble. In addition, the Bakugan are shown to have actual travel time when flying around in the events of New Vestroia, meaning that it's impossible for them to have infinite speed.
Yes but to be fair (idk if this changes anything), the flow of time for Bakugan is extremely different then the flow of time for the human world. An example that outright proves this is when Dr. Michael meets up with Naga, they only talk for about 20 seconds at the most and this includes Michaels arrival into Vestroia. But in the real world, 6 months had passed by since he first left. That's a huge difference between each other. Michael even admits this himself in a video diary he saved in his lab. And inside the bubble, the field is of the same dimensional structure as Vestroia/New Vestroia which is why Bakugan on earth can only go into their original forms during brawls. It makes sense that time in Vestroia wouldnt be effected or that time flows okay in the battle fields (which are pretty much pocket dimensions). But yea they shouldnt have infinite speed.

Moving outside of the normal time axis would be an infinite speed feat. However, considering the fact that time did flow (and the fact that he was likely traveling in an entirely different space-time by travelling to Vestroia rather than outside of the timeflow of the Real World), it is a significantly less impressive feat since time did in fact pass for him, only at a slower rate.

Ah i get it. So in other words, your saying whether time flows slower or faster, its STILL flowing regardless and thus doesnt count as an infinite speed feat right? Also who do u mean by who exactly?

I was talking about your explanation of Dr. Michael, with the example you used (talking for 20 seconds = 6 Months in the Real World). Since he was in Vestroia (an entirely different space-time), he's not moving outside of the time axis since he's simply in a different universe where time flows differently.

Oh okay. But then what about Masqurade? He was able to interupt the 5 way brawl between Chan Lee, Klaus, Julio, Comba and Billy while time in the human world was stopped. Does he have infinite speed now? Or was it just some resistance ability given to him by Naga?

It's probably just a resistance ability since it contradicts all of the Bakugans' other feats and showings (once again, all Bakugan actually have travel time when moving in Vestroia).

It's not really applicable in combat though, since, he (and no other Bakugan) is able to employ this ability to restrain his foes.

Wait why not? All he has to do is open up the field and time will stop outside the battle field space. Unless Naga opens it to trap him and his foe(s) inside the field, whats stopping Naga from just opening it up, going inside it and keeping all of his foes trapped outside the battle space? Or in this case, just because you open up the field doesnt neccesarily mean you have to go into the battle field space. He can just open it to stop time and then kill his foe since he has resistance to it.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Wait why not? All he has to do is open up the field and time will stop outside the battle field space. Unless Naga opens it to trap him and his foe(s) inside the field, whats stopping Naga from just opening it up, going inside it and keeping all of his foes trapped outside the battle space? Or in this case, just because you open up the field doesnt neccesarily mean you have to go into the battle field space. He can just open it to stop time and then kill his foe since he has resistance to it.
That seems kinda unfair if that were the case, because then he would never have to actually fight other foes, as he could have it lst as long as he likes and therefore never have to contend with others.

Also, I'm pretty sure that if you are the one activating it, the only way that you can leave is if you finish the battle, quit, or just simply close out of it. Should someone else stop time and he is present during it, I suppose Naga would still be able to act, just as he would if two others opened up the Field and he was outside of it.

@Anime

Let me pose a different question.

Has Naga ever done this? Has he ever utilized his powers in the way you described?

If not, we can't simply say it works the way you say it does since it has no in-story showings to support it.

GimmyJibbsJr said:
Anime4Life2020 said:
That seems kinda unfair if that were the case, because then he would never have to actually fight other foes, as he could have it lst as long as he likes and therefore never have to contend with others.
Also, I'm pretty sure that if you are the one activating it, the only way that you can leave is if you finish the battle, quit, or just simply close out of it. Should someone else stop time and he is present during it, I suppose Naga would still be able to act, just as he would if two others opened up the Field and he was outside of it.
True but then again, it depends on who is the one activating it. There have been cases where like 4 of the brawlers have activated the field yet only 2 of them were actually battling, like when Dan and Julie brawled and Shun and Marucho just sat on the sidelines. Or when All 5 brawlers faced Masqurade and only Dan was the one facing him in battle. In addition, there's no actual rule saying once you open the field you have to stay within its boundaries or battle or do anything. All im suggesting really is whats stopping Naga from just opening the field and stepping out of his boundaries so that only his opponent get's effected in some way, like trapped in the time stop or trapped in the Bakugan field with no way out?

But from what your saying, if that's the case, what if Naga just creates more Bakugan like the mixed attribute ones to open the field for him? Then only they would be sent to the field while Naga and his foe would be in the time stop.

@Reppuzan

It's uncertain if he can or not. The only time Naga has ever been outside Vestroia was when he and his army invaded earth and both the human and bakugan worlds were already in mix with each other so he didnt have a reason to use the cards power when all of him and his Bakugan could go into their real forms without needing to be in the Bakugan field. Plus he wouldnt do that because he and his army were searching for Wavern's Infinity Core. We're (or rather just me) are assuming he can since he has a card himself and the effects of it should be the same as any bakugan players card on earth as long as it isnt inside Vestroia.

But the thing is, if he hasn't done it in the series we can't assume he can do it. It's a mechanic of the verse itself rather than an umbrella term.

Reppuzan said:
But the thing is, if he hasn't done it in the series we can't assume he can do it. It's a mechanic of the verse itself rather than an umbrella term.
Right, but dont forget the cards that open the battle fields, which are similar to Vestroia's dimensional structure anyway, come from the Bakugan in a way. Heck in one episode in S2, Runo was trying to use Dr. Michaels transporter system to get to New Vestroia to help Dan and the resistance fight the Vexos. But the transporter was somewhat broken and when trying to use it, it caused a crack in the dimensions. Back on New Vestroia, the crack caused pieces of New Vestroia's sky to fall down, in the form of the Bakugan cards that fell onto earth in S1. That strongly implies that the dimension of Vestroia itself is where the cards come from, that they make up everything in Vestroia. It makes sense since they're considered energy bodies of some kind.

In addition, Naga already had the cards with him before any player on earth has ever had them. Because of this, i dont think it would be fair to say he couldnt use them in the same way as any other player in the verse. The only place his cards abilities wouldnt work in is in Vestroia since the cards themselves originated from there.

But he himself doesn't really even use them. We using it, so even if this is legit, he is unlikely to use it.

The same goes for his control over the other five elements. He has shown mastery of Darkus, and that is ebcause he is an Ultimate Bakugan. However, Drago as an Ultimate Bakugan can use all attributes. One of the only ways to use all attributes is to be an Ultimate bakugan, which Naga was, so therefore he has access to the other five elements... It's just that he doesn't use them, and therefore more likely wouldn't use them on other foes anyway.

Also, Making the fight squarely between these two, so Naga can't summon other Mixed attribute Bakugan. It's not like they'd do much in the fight anyway. :/

GimmyJibbsJr said:
But he himself doesn't really even use them. We using it, so even if this is legit, he is unlikely to use it.
The same goes for his control over the other five elements. He has shown mastery of Darkus, and that is ebcause he is an Ultimate Bakugan. However, Drago as an Ultimate Bakugan can use all attributes. One of the only ways to use all attributes is to be an Ultimate bakugan, which Naga was, so therefore he has access to the other five elements... It's just that he doesn't use them, and therefore more likely wouldn't use them on other foes anyway.

Also, Making the fight squarely between these two, so Naga can't summon other Mixed attribute Bakugan. It's not like they'd do much in the fight anyway. :/
He hasnt used them because he didnt need to use them. The cards dont work in Vestroia and Naga when he went to earth didnt even need them since the 2 worlds were merging ahd that allowed Bakugan to come out of their ball forms. I know im speculating a lot out of this and forgive me. I just feel that if Naga is able to have the same cards as the players who use them to open the fields and stop time, then he should be able to use them the same way.

I actually have a theory about that. It could be that because Naga was a white one, which werent really real Bakugan just a mutated species. Drago is a natural full fledged bakugan with his own natural element so that might have to do with it somehow. Besides which, Naga was pretty arogant and he really intended to do with his lazy ass lol was crush Wavern and take her infinity core. It's not like he intended to do anything else he pretty much left it up to his army to do the rest.

Well they could make diversions or take the advantages in numbers. Plus I thought Naga had life creation since he pretty much created those mixed bakugan? Im sure he could create more of them. It's not like his Paladin subordinates that Hal G summoned.

Hmm, tough choice to be honest. Megidramon defiantly has the destructive edge, with him collapsing two universes just by existing but he's also a berserker who can't really employ strategy very well. Though the lore also implies that he might be able to shift into ChaosGallantmon who is significantly more intelligent, so there's that.

Naga seems way smarter and more calculating, and while his manipulation wont work on such a violent berserker, it may help him devise a strategy to win. I could see this going both ways, but I'm gonna go with Naga with very high difficulty.

Edit: Typo

Darkanine said:
Hmm, tough choice to be honest. Megidramon defiantly has the destructive edge, with him collapsing two universes just by existing but he's also a berserker who can't really employ strategy very well. Though the lore also implies that he might be able to shift into ChaosGallantmon who is significantly more intelligent, so there's that.
Naga seems way smarter and more calculating, and while his manipulation wont work on such a violent berserker, it may help him devise a strategy to win. I could see this going both ways, but I'm gonna go with Naga with very high difficulty.

Edit: Typo
Wait isnt Megidramon just a berseker who goes wild? Cant the Silent Core's Minus Power pretty much corrupt him into Naga's slave like's done to other humans and Bakugan?

The lore implies it has some form of intelligence, being able to communicate with his fellow Great Dragons, but doesn't go into the level of intelligence it has. Not sure on that other part, as my knowledge on Bakugan is limited to say the least.

I will say this: Naga has been able to mind control very intelligent and perfectly sane people before, such as Dr. Michael and Alice. The idea of him being able to mind control a berserker is not too out of the range of possibilities, but I will leave that up to you guys.

@GimmyJibbsJr

In some cases, Berserkers and the insane are harder to mind control since their thoughts are so chaotic that the assaulter can't get a foot hold in the victim's mind.

That said, Megidramon hasn't fought many mind control users, but if he wouldn't be one of the Four Great Dragons if he could be done in that easily.

I agree. The core's negative energy itself is able to corrupt or control them, so Naga should be perfectly capable of doing it to Medgidramon as well. Him being a wild berserk will make it that much easier for Naga to control him

Not really.

Megidramon is an incarnation of evil itself, the Silent Core's energy is nothing new to it.

Hmm... This seems to be another point in which it could go either way, but only due to a lack of evidence.

Shall I make it so that Mind Control is not a possibilty in this match? It could just be used to effortlessly end the fight, and in an unfair manner at that.

Yea i'd take it out to make it more fair

But then we still have the issue of Naga's limited Time Manipulation, Reality Warping, likely matter manipulation and his other hax as well. Megidramons hax doesnt even come close to ones like these.

Well, theirs the possibility Megidramon could have wicked Resistance to Reality Warping, as it is another form of ChaosGallantmon, who in turn is another form of Gallantmon, but that may be a bit of a stretch to use in faith.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Yea i'd take it out to make it more fair
But then we still have the issue of Naga's limited Time Manipulation, Reality Warping, likely matter manipulation and his other hax as well. Megidramons hax doesnt even come close to ones like these.
As an answer for you statement from ealier, it seems as though a character only has to be close to someone else who isn't opening a Field in order to bring them in as well. Which would make some sense, actually.

And in fights like these, I feel that its best to assume that the characters would fight like the way they do in their form of media, so even if they have a move/ability at their disposal, one would have to think if it is something they would actually use in combat based off of their showings.

So, I guess everyone can take that for what they will.

Well, he's still a massive threat to the Digimon Sovereigns, who govern the Digital World's reality and govern its space-time, so there's that.

Right but this is assuming that Megidramon has the chance to do that before Naga reality warps him gone.

Also there's something i realized about Naga concerning the field open cards: cant Naga just open the Bakugan field space, go into it, leave his foe back outside the space in stopped time, and then go back outside the field space via crossing through dimensions? It's possible Naga can do this since he has portal creation and can either just make a portal to take him back into the real world from the Bakugan field or just go into the Doom DImension and come back out into the real world while time is stopped. And since the Bakugan field wouldnt technically close due to no battle being decided, time would still be stopped in the human world and Naga would have a perfect chance at killing his foe

What do you think about this?

Look, if he's never done it, he's not going to do it here. Just drop it.

I don't mean to be rude, but posing hypothetical situations that hold no relevance is just going to slow this thread down with meaningless banter. If he could do something like that he would have done so against Drago, which he didn't.

Four Low 2-Cs couldn't Reality Warp him out. Sorry, Naga is not on their level.

Back