• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Silver Surfer vs Omega Shenron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faisal_Shourov

VS Battles
Retired

Distance: 1 km

Win via death, KO or incapacitation

Both are bloodlusted

No databooks for Surfer

Note: please don't just look at the tiers and comment.

77690165 o
Omega Shenron

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
....If Surfer"s movement speed is underwhelming then Omega wins if not and he's faster he wins due to hax.
Surfer actually has nanosecond reaction time, should I equalize speed then? Surfer's best speed feats are crazy if you don't count the 'databook'

Using Surfer's actual speed feats, he should fodderize Omega with hax.

Using a databook quote that ignored everything he has ever done in the history of anything ever, Surfer dies to a slight breeze or whatever.

Equalizing speed, Surfer still fodderizes due to hax.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot Should those databooks be reconsidered? Surfer probably has the best speed feats in entire Marvel and those garbage books drags him down so much. Should I write no databook in the OP? I feel those trash books are downgrading Surfer and contradicting actual feats

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Should we really be taking these joke databooks as facts though?
I probably would in other cases, but I can't let any databook destroy the feats of Marvel's most famous speedstar. Surfer's average speed showings are so far above the databook entry it's not even funny

I mean we take the databooks as non credible when its contradicted by showings so why not in this case as well...Its like saying luffy is universal simply because the databooks say so despite him being a mountain buster at Fullpower by showings.But meh I ain't gonna argue.

^I don't wanna debate the databook mess, so Surfer using only his comic feats is fair enough I think.

The Surfer is consistently shown as just having slightly superhuman speed, given that he is consistently matched in this area by opponents on this level, so the official databooks/Tom Brevoort (who has better knowledge of Marvel's continuity than almost anybody on the planet) are actually correct if we look at the vast majority of his appearances.

In addition, the Surfer has generally been displayed at just large planet level in destructive capacity. We are generously rating him based on one of his highest feats. Omega on the other hand is capable of destroying a 4 galaxies sized small universe, and is part of a franchise which places great focus on high levels of superhuman speed, whereas Marvel does not, so I would give it to him.

Also, the Surfer has generally been unable to use hax to defeat more powerful but also more limited opponents, such as Thanos, so I don't think that it is handy enough to be a catch-all.

And that is speaking as somebody who likes the Silver Surfer much better than Omega.

I want to use higher end feats for both in this fight since Omega himself is featless, and Majin Buu (whom Omega is powerscaled from) has only destroy the galaxy over time only once in a flashback. So that's also a high end feat for Buu and not his casual showings. Also Thanos himself has decent amount of hax, so I don't want to compare him to Omega and DBZ characters in general who're famous for their lack of hax

Is my argument reasonable to you? Antvasima

No, Thanos does not remotely approach the Surfer in terms of hax. He can absorb and project vast quantities of energy, and has low level telepathy, matter manipulation, and telekinesis. That's pretty much it.

In addition, for example, Ravenous had almost no hax whatsoever, and was of roughly the same power level as the Surfer, yet the Surfer had serious troubles dealing with him.

Also, the only time that I remember seeing the Surfer using an advanced hax against an opponent was when he trapped the far less powerful Genis-Vel inside of his surfboard.

I know about that...but whatever hax Thanos has still outstrips Omega who has no resistance to matter manipulation, and also Thanos can't be killed.

BTW surfer is bloodlusted for this fight. So you think Omega wins?

Yes. Unless the Silver Surfer can somehow use hax on Omega (he as good as never uses it against opponents that he has trouble with), Omega objectively has far greater speed, fighting skills, and raw power.

What about telepathy? Omega has zero telepathic resistance IIRC. Surfer is a decent telepathy and is also bloodlusted, and he would know Omega's weakness because of cosmic awareness (that Omega can't resist TP)

Possibly, but again, the Surfer is a very inefficient combattant, not used to using telepathy, and Omega would have the initiative in close quarters thanks to his massive speed advantage.

The Surfer is officially slower than Spider-Man in movement speed, and in fact, although Spider-Man was obviously completely inefficient against the Surfer when they first met, the Surfer was also treated as somewhat slower.

Surfer is only Solar System, while Omega is High Multi-Solar System level, Surfer gets wrecked, even Base Goku at the Start Of GT would be more then enough since he's roughly the strength of his SSJ3 Buu Arc Counterpart whom is Multi-Solar System level a better match up would be Silver Surfer against either Super Perfect Cell or SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games) or even SSJ2 Vegeta (Buu Arc) or SSJ2 Goku (Buu Arc), didn't realize Surfer was MFTL, but I don't think his attacks could harm someone on Omega's level, even if they did, Omega still has Regen

DBZMLP12345 said:
Surfer is only Solar System, while Omega is High Multi-Solar System level, Surfer gets wrecked, even Base Goku at the Start Of GT would be more then enough since he's roughly the strength of his SSJ3 Buu Arc Counterpart whom is Multi-Solar System level a better match up would be Silver Surfer against either Super Perfect Cell or SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games) or even SSJ2 Vegeta (Buu Arc) or SSJ2 Goku (Buu Arc), didn't realize Surfer was MFTL, but I don't think his attacks could harm someone on Omega's level, even if they did, Omega still has Rege
Actually Shenron is Galaxy level.

SuperKamiNappa said:
Does SS have anything that bypasses durability? if not he loses pretty bad.
Atomic level attacks, matter manipulation, etc.

So... here we are... 3 years later, and Omega is now Universal to SS's SS level... guess it's a stomp for Omega now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back