• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
SlaaneshGlass
DesirePortrait

Slaanesh, The Prince of Pleasure VS. Desire of the Endless

Battle occurs within the Warp. Both are in-character. Who wins?

I was looking for this match of Matt's.

And yeah what Azzy said. This IS pretty thematic considering both represent desire and shit. With one of them literally named as the concept of it lol.

I tried to find good art of Slaanesh to post but had to settle for the stained glass one because I was afraid they'd be too lewd for fandom

Don't know much about Warhammer or the Chaos Gods but Desire isn't as strong as the 3 eldest Endless and she/he really doesn't have as many feats as them.She should be below Morpheus since she was scared of him when he threatened her

What can desire actually do to hurt Slaanesh? Type 8 immortality + Slaanesh's resistences makes it pretty difficult. Desire on the other hand has no resistance to conceptual manipulation which makes her/he/it/nothing a tasty meal for Slaanesh.

Voting Slaanesh for now.

Could Desire not take away the food from Slaanesh?

I mean Slaanesh feeds from desire but Desire literally is desire. Cause a Chaos God needs lot of food and worship to even exist. You don't need to make the specific aspect like desire entirely extinct. You only need to lessen it enough to starve the God out of existence.

Raffney said:
Could Desire not take away the food from Slaanesh?
I mean Slaanesh feeds from desire but Desire literally is desire. Cause a Chaos God needs lot of food and worship to even exist. You don't need to make the specific aspect like desire entirely extinct. You only need to lessen it enough to starve the God out of existence.
Probably, though desire is just a simplification of what Desire embodies, Desire isnt just the desire betweet beings but the attraction that exists between all things including the Endless, Galaxies, Stars etc

Edit: I think there's something about the nature of the Chaos Gods that means that they already exists even before they were created, not sure.

I'm almost positive the Chaos Gods are literally what they represent. Khorne is literally anger and bloodlust, Slaanesh is literally desire, etc.

(Inb4 I'm utterly wrong and Matt corrects me)

Yeah the Chaos Gods are acasual and self sustaining. Even though Slaanesh only came into existence in the regular universe in the 2nd millennium from the perspective of Chaos, Slaanesh had always existed. There are also examples of the Chaos Gods being self sustaining like how Khorne has a bunch of Orkz fighting in his realm for all eternity that give him power.

Also for the record the Chaos Gods don't just feed on their respective attributes they represent them in the same way the Endless do. Slaanesh doesn't just feed on excess and hedonism Slaanesh IS those things incarnate.

The Chaos Gods are literally what they represent. I can get quotes later that show that the Chaos Gods are what they embody on all scales.

I.e, Khorne is empowered by, and embodies conflict, and this takes the form of anything from the galaxy-splitting war of the Horus Heresy, to two old priests in a monastery aggressively arguing over scripture interpretation.

There's also the fact that it's stated that the Chaos Gods aren't really entities, just barely sentient representations of emotions/concepts.

Webcamparrot said:
Yeah the Chaos Gods are acasual and self sustaining. Even though Slaanesh only came into existence in the regular universe in the 2nd millennium from the perspective of Chaos, Slaanesh had always existed. There are also examples of the Chaos Gods being self sustaining like how Khorne has a bunch of Orkz fighting in his realm for all eternity that give him power.

Also for the record the Chaos Gods don't just feed on their respective attributes they represent them in the same way the Endless do. Slaanesh doesn't just feed on excess and hedonism Slaanesh IS those things incarnate.
I didn't doubt that they are what they represent.

I only theorized the possibility that they aren't "nescessary" for emotions to exist.

In fact evidence points into that direction, for example there were times in which the Chaos Gods didn't exist and yet emotions were there. That fact alone includes the possibility of their destruction. Not likely but not impossible either.

Even the phrase "ever and never existed" points into that direction.

While in case of the endless it seems that you need to get rid of their attribute completely to kill them off which sounds way harder to pull off.

Back