• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Azrael (Discworld) Revision

1)Azrael's HDE doesn't really make sense, he is either described as a being larger than a cluster of galaxies ("In the time it took to answer, several galaxies unfolded, whirred around Azrael like empty streamers, impacted, and were gone." Reaper Man page 323, "Azrael raised his finger to a face that filled the sky, lit by the faint glow of dying galaxies" Reaper Man page 322) or as being in a realm where "Distance was as meaningless (here) as time" (Reaper Man page 321). So Azrael is either 3 dimensional or possessing of beyond dimensional physiology type 1, I'd opt for the latter since the statement about time and distance being meaningless also follows with "but there was a sense of hugeness", indicating some lovecraftian nature where the appearance is just a way of contextualising the "hugeness" of Azrael.

2)There is no indication that just because the high old ones can warp the multiverse they can also warp the plot, Death's wiki profile doesn't index him cutting the plot (mainly because he doesn't, in Reaper Man what he is stated to be cutting is just sound). Plot Manipulation should be removed.

3)One of the only things the High Old Ones did (as stated in the Colour of Magic) was rewrite the way magic worked so it was far weaker and involved a lot of extra rules for activation (they also might have been the ones who made the number 8 so important when it came to magic, but in the colour of magic that phenomena is placed on Bel Shamharoth so I can't find much on that). This should give Azrael law manipulation and magic/matter manipulation/physics manipulation

4) Azrael indeed should have all of Death's powers, which he lacks currently.

Huh, legit thought there were 1.65467^89797.8767 revision threads for this dude. On topic, I agree with this. Also, could you possibly link, mmmm, scans?

I understood the hyperbole, I just don't think 3 isn't a particularly large number.

I can take pictures of the book later if you want.

I agree with all of the above, yeah. I thought Plot Manip was pretty damn silly when I heard it initially but it was really just my interpretation vs theirs.

Plot Manip is being "the end of all stories", tho imo it just means he can kill stories too, which is just his death manip being OP.

Iirc the realm where "Distance was as meaningless (here) as time" was revealed to just be Azrael's hand, but would have to check.

Otherwise, I agree with everything.

Being the death of stories more just felt like an extension of being the end of universes to me, given the presence of the plot. It's likely that he's unbound by narrative causality but that's represented with his tier.

Kinda, the plane itself was supposed to be is fingertip upon changing perspective, although when I was referring to the realm itself I meant the entire place Death travelled to. Given the context of the Clock and the fact that Azrael shouldn't be constrained to the universe BDE seems intuitive, although as I said in the OP it's ambiguous for me, and I'd be perfectly happy with large size type 7, likely type 8.

Last edited:
Back