• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Daishinkan change

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just for a change for some descriptions of Daishinkan.

In the latest manga chapter, Whis states that Daishinkan is the greatest fighter in the Dragon Ball multiverse and that he is indeed an angel, nothing higher.

Put a change in his description like "The strongest in the Dragon ball multiverse behind Zeno"

And from "Likely an angel" to "Angel"

Anime>manga, so we will keep what we have based off the anime, also whis said daishinkan was the greatest fighter in this world not multiverse who knows what he means by that it could be in whatever universe the omni-king's palace is or the multiverse.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Anime>manga, so we will keep what we have based off the anime, also whis said daishinkan was the greatest fighter in this world not multiverse who knows what he means by that it could be in whatever universe the omni-king's palace is or the multiverse.
The word "world" is ambigious in Japanese. Hence why Whis stated during Goku and Beerus that the world will come to an end, when in reality the universe was in danger.

Both Herms and Geekdom state themselves "world" in Japanese usually means something bigger.

The manga is also Canon. This site just puts the anime at a higher scale. It isn't even worth debating actually. It's just a description change.

The word "world" is ambigious in Japanese. Hence why Whis stated during Goku and Beerus that the world will come to an end, when in reality the universe was in danger.

Both Herms and Geekdom state themselves "world" in Japanese usually means something bigger.

The manga is also Canon. This site just puts the anime at a higher scale. It isn't even worth debating actually. It's just a description change.

The anime is the greater canon because Toyama has more input in it and the Manga started as pmotional material for the anima.

The manga may be canon, but it is secondary canon that deserves to be put on a lower scale than manga as the manga is an adaptation of the anime with little to no involvement by Toriyama. Along with having various differences in their stories.

As such, if there is a contradiction between the two, the anime will take precedance. Whis only stated Daishinkan was in the top 5 in the anime. And if he were only second to Zen'ō Whis would've never brought up a top 5 and just say "2nd to Zen'ō."

And while it isn't that major of a change, this wiki still strives to be as accurate as possible. And if you're asking others to stop arguing with you and accept your proposal since it's a minor change, then why can't you drop this and leave the page as is?

@Darkmon I am fine with Daishinkan being classified as an angel. As he most likely is one given his appearance and the anime doesn't really contradict that.

Ryukama said:
@Darkmon I am fine with Daishinkan being classified as an angel. As he most likely is one given his appearance and the anime doesn't really contradict that.
Quick question is the manga being secondary canon still applicable even if it is ahead of the anime? Toyo stated in that recent Comic-Con interview that when he's ahead information will be going back to the anime team, wheres right now he recieves more information from them. Would that change anything or no?

Gokuiscool144 said:
Daishinkan is Whis' father for anyone that is interested
Yes and I have added that to his profile and made his classification an angel.

Ryukama said:
The manga may be canon, but it is secondary canon that deserves to be put on a lower scale than manga as the manga is an adaptation of the anime with little to no involvement by Toriyama. Along with having various differences in their stories.
This isn't actually true. Toei(the anime company) and Toyotaro (the manga author) both recieve the same story outline from Toriyama, and are tasked with filling in the blanks. In Toyotaro's lastest interview he states that every change he makes has to be okayed with Toriyama before it can be published.

Majin Acolyte said:
This isn't actually true. Toei(the anime company) and Toyotaro (the manga author) both recieve the same story outline from Toriyama, and are tasked with filling in the blanks. In Toyotaro's lastest interview he states that every change he makes has to be okayed with Toriyama before it can be published.
1. They get a general outline, but that does not mean that Toyotaro does not diverge away from what the anime is doing and make clear contradictions, to the point of even omitting or creating new scenes entirely.

2. Toriyama saying "It's okay for you to make that change to my story" is not the same thing as him writing or being directly involved with the change.

And I'm not saying the manga isn't canon or doesn't deserve any recognition. It's just that it should be seen as secondary canon.

If manga has something that isn't explictly in the anime yet isn't contradicted by it, then that can be considered. If there are events in the manga that directly contradict the anime (which has happened on numerous occasions), then anime takes precedence.

Both forms of media are considered, just the anime moreso.

I'm not arguing against using the anime as primary canon. I was simply pointing out that Toriyama is heavily involved in the manga adaptation as well.

Well I wouldn't call Toriyama just saying he's okay or not okay with the change Toyatoro wrote as being all that involved. At least not on a more direct level. Though maybe "little to no" wasn't quite the best way to word it.

But that's besides the point I guess. It seems it was agreed by staff to keep Daishinkan's justification the same, and his status got changed to angel via the latest episode confirming that he's one.

So I believe this thread's now concluded and I wil be closing it. If someone has something else to say regarding it they can come to my wall or reopen it if they are a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back