• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Upgrades For Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original Post
From this thread, it was brought up that the planet level attack by the God of Darkness which destroyed Humanity left ash particles. In The Lost Fable it was shown that Salem was the only one to survive. This should be a feat for her Regenerationn. Currently, her highest tier is Low-High from being reduced to a puddle by Ozma. With this one, it should bump her to Mid-High.
Here is the scene in question. As Salem is glowing, it indicates that her immortality protected her.

Ashes to Ashes Funk to Funky
Also, she should get resistance to Deconstruction due to the above scene.
Updated Post

Hm. Another point I want to make, though it is less of an upgrade and more of a revision, is her resistance. Currently, Salem has resistance to Lifeforce Absorption, because the Pools of Grimm couldn't drain her of her life. This makes no sense. The Pools do not drain a person of their life, they straight up kill them.

From the transcript of The Lost Fable, Jinn says as Salem plunges into the Pool: "She was wrong. This force of pure destruction could not destroy a being of infinite life". Furthermore, this pic shows her getting attacked by the Pool when she jumps in, indicated both by the giant slash across her body and her immortality protecting her.

Salem Grimm Pool
The Pools try to destroy Salem.

With these cases, her resistance should be reworded. For Lifeforce Absorption, it could stay but make it because of her infinite life, while for her plunge into the Pools, it should give her resistance to Death Manipulation.

How it would look: Resistance to Lifeforce Absorption (Immortality made her a being of "infinite life"), and Death Manipulation (The Pools of Grimm are a force of "pure destruction", which were unable to destroy her)

It doesn't work like that, when they said "he Regenerationn protected her" was no that she is resistant to deconstruction but that she regenerated back from being turned to ashes

The glowing after it happened is consistent with how her other regen scenes are portrayed. Personally im fine with Mid-High, though you could possibly get a straight up High rating with enough argument, seeing as the Ozma deconstruction feat made the particles small enough to be unseen

Probably. But I don't think I'm good enough to argue for that. If someone else can do it, that's great. But for me, getting to Mid-High is fine.

The Regenerationn upgrade is probably fine.

The page isn't locked, the wiki itself is, but I can give you temporary editing rights. Tell me here when you are done.

Huh I agree with that

So anyone who can use these pools of destruction has both lifeforce absorbsion and death manipulation

Sorry, I meant the post on her resistance. I already managed to get her to Mid-High, though I wouldn't mind if she was High.

Also should the GoD have resistance to lifeforce Absorbsion and Death Manipulation and Corruption type 2 as he lives inside his pools of Grimm he made?

Okay. It seems to make sense to me, but what did the other members here think?

AogiriKira said:
The glowing after it happened is consistent with how her other regen scenes are portrayed. Personally im fine with Mid-High, though you could possibly get a straight up High rating with enough argument, seeing as the Ozma deconstruction feat made the particles small enough to be unseen
Cells are small enough to be unseen but that does not mean High regen, this is literally at best High Mid

Resistance seems fine

Tony di bugalu said:
AogiriKira said:
Cells are small enough to be unseen but that does not mean High regen, this is literally at best High Mid
Resistance seems fine
Youre awoo

If there are staff members listed in the RWBY page, you should ask a few of them to comment here.

And what about giveing the GoD lifeforce Absorbsion and Death Manipulation and Corruption type 2 and resistance to that because he made it and lives in it

Spinoirr said:
And what about giveing the GoD lifeforce Absorbsion and Death Manipulation and Corruption type 2 and resistance to that because he made it and lives in it
I'm iffy about giving them said powers, since you know, creating something doesn't mean having said something's powers and this logic is already applied to the whole omniscience stuff with them IIRC.

Resistance is good as he literally lived there

"How it would look: Resistance to Lifeforce Absorption (Immortality made her a being of "infinite life"), and Death Manipulation (The Pools of Grimm are a force of "pure destruction", which were unable to destroy her)"

I agree with this and I have always agreed with Salem's Regenerationn being higher but alas we needed the feats.

Yeah, to be honest I was surprised that her Regenerationn was low which is why I made this thread in the first place.

Antvasima said:
If there are staff members listed in the RWBY page, you should ask a few of them to comment here.
Did you do this?

Yes I did. I messaged the members on the list including Weekly. However, the only one to respond so far was Nico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back