• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
LUKE EXPLAINED THIS TO ME MULTIPLE TIMES BUT WHAT DOES SOUL/DATA/INFO/MIND/CONCEPT MEAN IN SIMPLE TERMS. LIKE WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU SPAWN A SPELL ON SOMEONE

no but people bring up anti-feats such as Joker losing to real cops, shadows finding guns a threat hence why fake guns shoot real bullets, and the fact the thieves need to escape palaces when they are collapsing
I get where you're coming from. Anti-feats are unavoidable in all media, to be fair, writters are more focused into keeping the story interesting and consistent in its themes and narrative rather than powerscaling. It's not rare for a character who can take the punches capable of shattering walls, suddenly being scared of regular guns of from high altitude falls, even if none of those things can't scratch him. Sometimes it's agreed to prioritize the higher ends or whatever is more consistent.

All in all, when it comes to VS Debating there isn't a straigth up correct answer. A lot falls on how are you willing to interpret things and what are you willing to disregard or not. That's what I meant with different sites reaching different conclusions. If you want a "correct" answer, your best bet is to chck different sites say and what you agree with or what conclusions you reach.

Ren being so overpowered on this site is simply what we agreed on this place after the lenghty reasearch of the SMT/Persona team and nothing else. Obviously they are going to stand by their conclusion and defend it, though, that's part of the debate.

So the Hierarchy goes like this; We can make a game of filling the tiers out

2-A: Cloud & Sephiroth (If we're using Dissidia), Bayonetta, and Fire Emblem Characters (If we use FEH versions)

2-C: The Belmonts, Cloud and Sephiroth (Non Dissidia), Hero (Dragon Quest), & Kirby

3-A: Ganondorf (Man I wish Composite Link was still a thing), Captain Falcon
Cloud and Sephy are being bumped to 2-A in their non-Dissidia keys as well.

Universal Link was hype... you jerks...

Does this have to do with some cross scaling from World of Final Fantasy? I've never played that game but I heard there was something up with Zack?

Here. Long story short, Eight-Armed Gilgamesh does scale to endgame Bartz and co and Neo Exdeath given he's fought a final time and helps out Bartz right before the final battle. His regular form is still 2-C but multi-armed is straight up 2-A (and yup, it applies to FFVIII)

That makes sense. Gill is FF's walking Deus Ex Machina when it comes to Tiers. Man the days of FFV being denied 2-A seem like a distant memory now. Also that post is beautifully put together, well done to you and everyone who helped with that.

Last edited:
why because they might eventually take him down right?
Wrong because no matter how many versions of every other character their are, Joker will still always win due to the sheer difference in power between them. With how we treat the tiers for our tiering system, a 1-A character will always stomp an infinite number of characters of lower tier because the difference between those lower tiers and 1-A.

I'll put it this way just to be brief and to GROSSLY oversimplify, but the difference between where Joker probably falls within in 1-A and the baseline of that tier is infinitely bigger than the gap between baseline 1-A and 11-C.

Long LONG story short, Don't toss Tier 1 characters into debates unless you know what you're talking about. It can be nigh impossible to use them in matches.

To add to what I just said, a theoretical fight in said tier would be more hax based anyways. It typically makes for very boring quick draw like scenarios.

why because they might eventually take him down right?
I am not really the guy to ask about Tier 1, but this is where you begin to encounter characters that are dimensionally superior to others, and that makes them completely unreachable to anything that is lower dimensional than them. A higher dimensional character is completely immune to AP and hax from a lower dimensional character.

I believe that Dedede and Meta Knight scale to Kirby so they're 2-C.

Man, why is Dark Samus banned but Joker allowed he shitstomps on everyone here

Back