• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMT Upgrades Part 1: Low 1-C Boost to infinity and beyond

Sure if my vote count as something.

Even weak Demons do not perceive time linearly and exist across space time simultaneously simply by virtue being born/created in the expanse. That alone explain that expanse is some place/space that is already beyond time-space and Stephen just said it louder.

And you should go back see that i've said Stephen dosen't need the Expanse for time warping at 25.
Stephen not needing the Expanse for time warping doesn't really mean anything as I have stated before.
Sure if my vote count as something.

Even weak Demons do not perceive time linearly and exist across space time simultaneously simply by virtue being born/created in the expanse. That alone explain that expanse is some place/space that is already beyond time-space and Stephen just said it louder.
All of this can be accomplished by 2A or Outside of Space-Time statements and has already been discussed before in other threads, nothing about this qualifies for Low 1C.-

Yes it does. You guys keep saying the Expanse statement used purely for time warping even Stephen says the structure itself is above time and said character dosen't need any extensions to warp time. Either actually adress that or leave the point alone. And again, outside is not transcend. That is different adjective and does not hold any relevance to this statement

They're feat is stopping the realm from passively absorbing and enchroaching the world which is sustained by their own power, and the fact their barrier is enough to not get swallowed by it shows they scale to the structure to some extent
Except this isn't AP. Creating a barrier is in no way an AP feat. While the barrier can affect a Low 1-C structure like the Expanse, that doesn't scale to AP in any way, because again, barrier =/= AP. This would, at best, be Low 1-C durability for the barrier the four of them create, but an AP feat it most certainly isn't.

It's clarified to be a "wall of power" by Amane and is sustained by their power. Abel and the cast literally have to kill the Devas so that the barrier weakens demon world can actually affect the human one

Sure, but Stephen said transcend, not "outside space-time".
Okay and? Without supporting evidence that single scan even if taken at its most literal and face value interpretation being used to upgrade this to Low 1C is a large stretch since it doesn't have supporting evidence of qualifying for the most important criteria that is having a difference in levels of infinity.

Yes it does. You guys keep saying the Expanse statement used purely for time warping even Stephen says the structure itself is above time and said character dosen't need any extensions to warp time. Either actually adress that or leave the point alone. And again, outside is not transcend. That is different adjective and does not hold any relevance to this statement
And transcend doesn't mean uncountable infinity? What's your point here? Either bring up actual evidence required for the tier or leave the point alone, how about that?

Stephen not needing the Expanse for time travel doesn't mean it can't be used for that, and the context of Stephen's statement clearly refers to time travel as the scan I posted is what he said just after the transcendence one.

ok
I want you to tell me what exactly does "transcend past present future" imply aside from slapping tiers on it?Like,ignore tiers for a moment.I have a verse where X realm views the multiverse as fiction.Tell me exactly why would the expanse would be comparable to this realm aside from slapping tier on it.Why exactly does "transcending past present and future" equate the expanse to R^6 or whatever low 1-C is in terms of mathematical size

Is there even a point to talking anymore? We're just recycling the same things over and over again. This is why i would just wait to hear different opinions..

Is there even a point to talking anymore? We're just recycling the same things over and over again. This is why i would just wait to hear different opinions..
Well I agree with this honestly. We will all each keep our suggestions from before in this case. Someone should tag other members interested in the SMT ratings to see what they think too.

Last edited:
Wait when did size even matter when it's higher D? Like its a literal dimension higher than the 3rd one so we can't comprehend in the first place. And isn't YHVH's verse an entirely different higher universe in apocolypse? Also the "old" games are part of the cosmology so...isn't that also canon???

Wait when did size even matter when it's higher D? Like its a literal dimension higher than the 3rd one so we can't comprehend in the first place. And isn't YHVH's verse an entirely different higher universe in apocolypse? Also the "old" games are part of the cosmology so...isn't that also canon???
I don't understand your question.

I mean ok but still my point is wasn't YHVH's universe a higher dimensional universe atop the SMT multiverse? And the expense is above even that?

tbf i haven't remember much on SMT so sorry on that (and now that i think about it yeah rip its axiom) since my question was answered it seems blatant on stephen's statement so i agree with the revision

I think the Full Expense is fine as Tier Low 1-C and those who can destroy it, from what I read; Stephen's statements on the Expanse would be Option 2 and 3.
I am neutral about the Deva's and scaling, for now; I might change my views later after I read more.

Last edited:
So we have 3 staff members (Redgrave, Elizhaa and Matt) agreeing with Low 1-C Expanse. I guess that means the debate can move to the next part: who scales?

What are the arguments for the devas not scaling? I saw someone saying the durability for the barrier is low 1-C, but wouldn't maintaining that still be low 1-C?

The arguments are basically "the Deva's AP scales to the barrier's Dura" and "the barrier's Dura isn't an AP feat for the Devas".

The scaling isn't the point of the thread. Just a byproduct. If it's settled then save the scaling for a different thread and close this one

Last edited:
If it's for the Expanse being 5D, probably. I agree to that. I don't know about the Devas scaling to it yet, I'm leaning towards yes, but if we're leaving the scaling to another thread then so be it.

Well we got 7 to 8 votes so we can close this, but probably after we surely open up and upgrade each up profile

The scaling has to be decided on this thread, because otherwise you end up upgrading like half of the verse to Tier 1 based on faulty reasoning. And no staff member has said that they agree with the Devas scaling, while there's one pretty against it, so upgrading the Devas is obviously not accepted.

I understand if it's your perspective that you see it as faulty but as Paul Frank said even if i didn't bring up the scaling for the verse on this it would apply either way cause it's simply upgrading the size of the cosmology which everyone scales to and buffs the scaling chain as a byproduct. Despite myself getting lost in the derailing along with it. So please stop bringing up something that isn't the point of it. So go make your own thread after this one if it really bothers you that much. But can someone also please open up all the SMT profiles actually?

And again, this isn't derailment since the whole point of this thread is upgrading multiple characters, so unless you bring some actual reasoning each individual Deva scales to the full Expanse, this can't be applied, since the staff hasn't accepted that part and in fact one of them disagrees.

Honestly it has as many Low 1)C feats as Ymir's place in AoT.

Just being a place which allows dude to time travel shouldn't get any tier.

Back