• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So this happened

If this form is a temporary thing, like that time Hulk got that Thanos killing armour that looked like The World, then it should not be a key.

Though if he didn't already have magic absorption, he should now.

We do have a few temporary forms, like Cosmic Spider-Ma, but that's because he kept these powers for an entire saga before losing them, its not like he kept it for one or two issues. So, if Galactus loses this in, lets say, the next issue, then it shouldn't be added, but if he keeps it for at least a while before losing it, then I guess it could be added. Right now we'll hav to wait and see what happens.

I don't think that this seems relevant enough to add an extra key.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
We do have a few temporary forms, like Cosmic Spider-Ma, but that's because he kept these powers for an entire saga before losing them, its not like he kept it for one or two issues. So, if Galactus loses this in, lets say, the next issue, then it shouldn't be added, but if he keeps it for at least a while before losing it, then I guess it could be added. Right now we'll hav to wait and see what happens.
Would you agree with taking this stance on things?

I suppose, but it depends on if we can find out exactly how powerful he is in this state.

Antvasima said:
I suppose, but it depends on if we can find out exactly how powerful he is in this state.
Well, this video should help with that, sir.

Basically, Galactus Prime/Mystic Galactus? was so powerful that Eternity outright refused to fight him, and just him powering up scared The Living Tribunal.

He should definitely be above his Lifebringer key, maybe a "At least High 1-B" would be appropriate for him.

This version of Galactus does not make any sense. He was damaged by regular heroes but had less problems with eating high-ranking mystical entities. That said, it was regular Eternity who refused to fight him, and he has so far strictly displayed a universal scale of influence, not a multiversal.

Probably. He is insanely inconsistent, but I do not think that it is necessary.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
When you can body Multiversal beings but get staggered by Gladiator.

This is very common on comics. Superman have a key on low 2c knocking a 6D cosmic entity's.

Should be PIS.

The problem is that if the writer explicitly does not care at all about powerscaling or storytelling logic, Galactus' feats here can also be stated as Plot-Induced Stupidity, especially as he was explicitly only treated as a threat to a single universe so far.

Well, for one: the heroes only bothered him slightly, the comic itself said that Galactus swatted them away like gnats.

And 2: Galactus was still growing in power, the only reason why the heroes were able to inconvenience him was because he had not yet mastered the use of his new abilities; as according to Doctor Strange, Galactus was still growing.

Also, Galactus was clearly, repeatedly shown on panel to be far above just universal. As Galactus reached his peak towards the end, or as Doctor Strange described it: his "Critical Mass", it was explicitly stated that "all realities" were teetering on the edge of collapse and even that The Living Tribunal was afraid.

Even more so, when Doctor Strange used the Staff of One to reflect Galactus' own power back at him to win, he ended up erasing all of existence as a whole, presumably the Marvel Multiverse in it's entirety.

We will see what happens in future issues. From what I have seen of this comic, it has been far too inconsistent to scale from so far. Gladiator managed to harm him, and the Hulk survived his blows.

Well, Galactus was still only presented as being of universal scale within this story.

I don't remember that he scared the Living Tribunal, but as you said, he was extremely uneven, and only displayed a Universe level+ scale of power.

Galactus wasn't said to be a threat to Eternity or the Living Tribunal, he was said to be a threat to the Universe, which in turn threatens them. Also, he never scared the two, they actually refused to fight because the threat wasn't great enough. When the universe is actually destroyed, this Eternity claims to be a reflection of Doctor Strange, implying it's only a universal manifestation as the rest of that universe had been destroyed by Galactus' death.

This variation of Galactus still has Low-Multiverse level feats. He overpowers Dormammu with relative ease, and absorbs him. Later during his conquest of Earth, Galactus overwhelms, destroys, and absorbs Satannish.

Throughout the comic, Galactus' nature as a universal constant affects the realms that he's not in, so I say the heroes harming him is PIS rather than anything on Galactus' end, especially when he easily beats someone who is over five times stronger than Doctor Strange.

Dormammu has been portrayed as a weak pushover in recent years, which is why we call the profile Dormammu (Classic) (Marvel Comics), to signify that it is his old statistics. Defeating either him or other mystical entities is not nearly as impressive as it used to be.

Ok. I think Satannish and Mephisto are still portrayed as extremely powerful, though. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't read as much new Marvel as old.

Not particularly, as far as I am aware, and Dormammu created Satannish, who has referred to him as a superior.

Back