• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Social Influencing for Shepard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano4444

He/Him
Commander Shepard should had this ability.

Due of his natural leadership skills and his charisma, as he was able to persuade the entire galaxy to side with them against the Reapers.

I appear to be late to the party on this one, but no matter! I have something of note to contribute!

I do believe that high Paragon and Renegade scores allow for further applications of this..."ability" we have here. Indeed, a very prominent part of the game involves spending truly quite arduous amounts of time following either Paragon or Renegade conversation paths in order to unlock conversation options that far moreso than not will allow you to sway whoever Shepard is building his rapport with, employing wide-eyed, idealistic persuasion or hard-biting, absolutist intimidation depending on your personal preference. A high enough score in either and you can solve every verbal dispute, send hardened men scurrying from your very gaze, succeed in an interrogation using only five words, and even bed your plethora of human and alien crewmates.

Oh alright, you have me, You don't need Paragon or Renegade points for that last achievement. Though it does serve as quite the testament to Shepard's...

Anyway! If Paragon and Renegade features across the Mass Effect game series are to be taken at face value, then conversation does appear to be one of Shepard's many strong points, and can be used for quite an impressive amount of victories, I suppose. All the more reason for why this strangely mundane ability should be on his page as the good sir Stefano4444 suggests.

Hmmm. I could perhaps lend my hand. I do have pressing matters this week, but I may have more free time at a later date, and I do believe I can at the bare minimum provide my insight on the setting's features. The Mass Effect series is one of quite a number on which I have an appreciable amount of knowledge, even if it has been some time since I've played any of the games aside from the second.

....Though, quite a bit less so for Mass Effect: Andromeda, admittedly. I was blessed with enough foresight to stop myself from wasting hard-earned currency on that unfortunate wastebin-fire. The setting's appeal only extends so far.

To be honest, the Mass Effect verse in general is in part a mess, there are still several profiles which need to be upgraded with the new accepted calcs.

Okay. Help with improving the wiki is always appreciated.

If you want me to unlock any profiles, you need to write a list of only the exact page names for them.

Okay. Feel free to do so. Just make sure to exactly follow our Common Editing Mistakes instruction page, so I do not have to clean up lots of structure errors.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here?

Okay. Thanks. I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back