• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Discord Additions

So after re-watching Discordant Harmony, I noticed something Fluttershy said. It basically amounted to Discord being made of pure chaos. I'm curious as to what this means for Discord. Would this grant an immunity to matter manipulation due to not being made of matter? Exactly what abilities would being literally made of a concept or force of nature imply?

I think Discord has some sort of strong link with chaos (like when he started to disappear because there wasn't enough of it), but I don't think he's actually made of the idea of "chaos" and only that. When Tirek sucked out all of his magic back in Season 4, he was just kinda...a normal creature?

It's hard to determine what abilities it gives him when it's never really expanded upon.

Why would losing his magic change anything? Doesn't work like that with ponies. Well I don't know if he's made of chaos as a idea? More like maybe chaos energy? I really hope Discord gets expanded on this season or the next.

Tirek's magic drain is pretty vague, as it did things like "make Earth ponies not strong" (who I guess rely on magic of some sort?), but ponies are physical beings. They aren't made of magic. If Discord was entirely made of this chaos energy, I don't think he would have survived that.

Maybe it's something that changes the structure of his being?

I don't know, and I don't think the show cares about stuff like this unfortunately, especially with its end swiftly approaching.

Well I'm not so sure his magic and the "chaos" that forms his body aren't the same thing, seeing as he was using his magic just fine without his body.

The Fundamentals of Magic series state that Earth Ponies and Pegasus have their own magic, it's just Unicorns that can really manipulate it so yeah, I guess so.

I don't really have anything to add to the main subject at hand, but I don't feel comfortable granting a power like that off of vague mentionings.

So since Darkanine and Azathoth disagree with this suggestion, should we close the thread?

Back