• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Medaka Box hax revisions (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Medaka should have Electricity Manipulation (able to send and receive electrical signals) and Resistance to Mind Manipulation (she broke out of Oudo's brainwash by brainwashing herself backsnapped out of Oudo's brainwash by brainwashing herself back snapped out of Oudo's brainwash by brainwashing herself backsnapped out of Oudo's brainwash by brainwashing herself back and became immune to it).

2. Medaka's Bookmaker and Kumagawa's tier should be worded differently. Medaka should have "Can weaken a target's special powers, physical prowess, talent, and skills with Book Maker, bringing them down to her level" (instead of Kumagawa's) and Kumagawa should be "Unknown with hax" instead of "Unknown with All Fiction", since his Bookmaker is technically his strongest skill. This was already accepted, but I forgot to edit them after putting the other skills.

3. Since Youka Naze's Power Nullification is based on her studies about abnormals and doesn't work against other kind of powers, I think that should be clarified on her page. Maybe it can be equalized to skills that are similar to abnormalities, but it shouldn't work against Magic, Chi based powers etc.

4. As someone mentioned in another thread that died last month, Minus users should have Resistance to Power Erasure. This was proven by Emukae, who resisted Kumagawa's All Fictio and by Kumagawa himself, who resisted Mogura's style. This would apply to Kumagawa, Emukae, Shibushi and Chougasaki. It would probably apply to Naze too, since, although she had to modify herself to accelerate the process, she still obtained Ice Fire by following the same process of other minuses. I'm not sure if it would apply to Medaka, since she obtained her skills in an unusual way.

@PaChi2

It would help if all staff members sign their usernames under the ones that they know enough about to evaluate topics for though.

Antvasima said:
@PaChi2
It would help if all staff members sign their usernames under the ones that they know enough about to evaluate topics for though.
I know that, I will take sign after Im done with my exams... next wednesday.

Also I agree with the suggestions.

However, I think Medaka's Mindhax resistance should be described, as Oudo's Mind Manipulation is very special and we cannot say that Medaka has resistance to normal telepathy or such, since she hasn't shown that ability.

1) Agree.

2) Agree with Medaka's Bookmaker, not really sure if Bookmaker is considered as his "strongest" minus, but yeah "Unknown with Hax" sounds fair.

3) Agree

4) Not sure if it would be Power Negation instead of Erasure (Aside Emukae).

Okay. I suppose that it is fine to apply point 1, 2, and 3 then.

@KamiYasha: Mogura said that her power made things meaningless to make it as if nothing ever happened like All Fictio, so it looks more like erasure than nullification imho.

@Pachi2: What about "Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Immune to electricity-based Mind Manipulation, can counter Mind Control by brainwashing herself back to normal)".

Good, now I'll just wait for Kami's response about the erasure/nullification thing. I'm still unsure if we should give it to Medaka though, it would be weird if she copied the skill without copying that characteristic (since The End makes skill stronger, so it wouldn't make sense if they got weaker) but since they're not her skills that seems a bit porced. Maybe we should add a "possibly" for her?

1) Agree

2) Agree

3) Actually I would say it is the opposite. Minus abilities specifically resist power nullification, so her nullification doesn't work on them. Techniques wouldn't be nullified but internal powers would be

4) I agree, tho Medaka is a weird case. Learned powers do effect the person so I think she would have the resistence

@Iapitus: Naze's reaction seems to imply that the reason it didn't work was because it wasn't an abnormality, and the liquid is based on her studies about abnormals, so I think it makes more sense to assume it simply wouldn't work on skills whose origin in completely different. Saying that it can nullify Quirks because they're similar could be fine, but we can't assume that it would nullify magic, chakra and so on.

@Pachi2: It's not like I forgot, I just think it's unneded since we're talking about someone who "can do everything".

Another thing that just came to mind, should we give Naze Resistance to Extreme Temperatures? It seems pretty obvious that she has it, but maybe it's not necessary since she already has heat manipulation on her profile.

Didnt Naze change her own body to ice and fire? I dont think she needs that resistant added tbh.

I could agree about Emukae, Kumagawa and Mogura, the others like Shibushi seems more like a resistance than erasure.

I trust KamiYasha's judgement about Medaka Box.

Resisting to normalizing liquid would be resistance to power nullification at best (and probably not even that since that was likely the liquid's fault), what I meant is that if both Raff Rafflesia and All Fiction can resist erasure because of their nature as minuses other minuses that have been "wrong since the beginning" like those two should work in the same way. I don't see any reason to give them resistance to power nullification tbh.

Anyway, do you think Medaka should be included as well? As I said I'm not entirely sure about her.

And should we add "Resistance to extreme tempeatures" for Naze? It may seem redundant since she already has Heat Manipulation, but since there are some heat manipulators that are vulnerable to heat maybe we should add it to be safe.

I guess that makes some sense.

About Medaka, technically yes, she should get it as well, even while acquiring a minus through different methods, it should be the same.

Unsure about Naze, what you mean by "extreme temperatures"?

Resistance to extreme cold (the main reason she created Ice Fire was to resist the minus temperature) and likely extreme heat.

It's fine as long as it has an explation like that, because people may interpret it as "Oh she can resist Absolute Zero".

Ok then. Since everything has been accepted, can anyone unlock the pages?

The characters that need the upgrades are: Medaka, Kumagawa, Naze, Emukae, Shibuki and Gagamaru.

You need to write the '''exact''' entire titles for the pages in a list for my automated script to be able to unlock them for you.

• Medaka Kurokami
  • Misogi Kumagawa
  • Youka Naze
  • Mukae Emukae
  • Shibuki Shibushi
  • Gagamaru Chougasaki
Like this?

Yes. I will temporarily unlock the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

I'm done. I didn't put the link to Power Nullification in the various Power Erasure resistances because I feel it could be misunderstood (minus skills can resist being erased, but we don't know if they can be nullified by other ways, so I think it would be better to avoid linking that page).

While I was at it, I also put a "likely" on Medaka's Raff rafflesia (it wasn't mentioned when she stated to have copied all other minuses, although it's most likely that she obtained it too).

I think you can lock the pages now, but if possible I'd like to ask to keep this thread open, in case something else comes to mind.

Well, you can tell me when I should lock the thread then.

Sorry for the intrusion I just have a couple questions.

Under Notable attacks it mentions he has Imagination Manifestation. Should this not be listed in his Powers and Abilities? Possibly as "Reality Warping" such is the case with Gremmy from bleach?

Last question is: In the respect thread it mentions Book Maker also apparently seals powers. Does it really? And if so shouldn't power nullification also be listed?

Kumagawa doesn't actually have Imagination Manifestation, that one was probably a misunderstanding.

And yes, Bookmaker seals powers, I was sure that Power Nullification was already on his profile but since it isn't we should add it.

Then what does he have that allows him to bring out an ethereal sword out of thin air o_O unless it wasn't him and it was added to the wrong profile lel

Alright. Thanks for clarifying

That was something like an imaginary battle, that scene simply showed that his imagination and charisma are so strong that people seem to actually see the sword as well, but it wasn't physically present iirc.

(Now that I look again, he already has power nullification on his profile, so he doesn't need an update.)

One last thing (although I really doubt it will be accepted): could the fact that Medaka and Iihiko can defeat Anshin'in due to being main characters be considered passive Plot Manipulation? I know that it's actually a characteristic of every main character, and narrative causality is present in every fictional work, but in this case it's actually canon, so at least it was worth to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back