• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Overlord stuff.

So, chapter 10's translations were released, and there's some things that should be added in Ainz's profile.

He used a super tier magic called Pantheon to summon 6 level 80 "Cherubims Gate Keeper". It also shows that he's capable of summoning and controlling angels, even though he's undead.

It showed the effects of all his Despair Auras.

• Despair Aura I: Has a chance of causing Fear.
  • Despair Aura II: Has a chance of causing Panic.
  • Despair Aura III: Has a chance of causing Confusion.
  • Despair Aura IV: Has a chance of causing Insanity.
  • Despair Aura V: Has a chance of causing Instant Death.
It also showed that his durability is not that great, without his passive shields. A being weaker than a fodder undead was breaking his bones when hitting him. He always uses the shields, but I think I should point out that.

His Wish Upon a Star spell is a super tier magic, btw. Why is it on the special skill section?

I suppose that this seems reasonable, but I am not well informed about the matter.

New World NPCs always have been capable of inflicting damage to Nazarick enemies. Ainz even says Gazef's sword has the potential to kill him.

I don't think this should apply to regular durability at least.

Wish Upon A Star is indeed an over rank magic and like all the others it was probably placed there because of lack of a better section.

Actually, all Over Rank spells except Creation were listed under special skills. I put them on Over Rank a while ago, but i didn't remember if Wish Upon A Star was Over Rank.

Well, it's true that Razor Edge can kill Ainz, but most weapons can't even hurt him. Razor Edge is one of Re-Estize's national treasures for a reason. I think that if his durability really is garbage without shields, it should be mentioned in the profile. There are a lot of characters that can negate magic, after all.

Alakabamm said:
New World NPCs always have been capable of inflicting damage to Nazarick enemies. Ainz even says Gazef's sword has the potential to kill him.
I don't think this should apply to regular durability at least.

Wish Upon A Star is indeed an over rank magic and like all the others it was probably placed there because of lack of a better section.
Gazef's sword should be some item left by players in the New World. Ainz says that it can just barely hurt him, that means the sword deals damage above lvl 60. That's above 99% of everything in that world.

When he lowered his shields, a guy on the 30s was dealing damage on him. By comparision, Death Knights are level 35.

Ainz said that he's physically equal to a lvl 33 warrior.

In terms of strength he is equal to a level 33 warrior. Nothing about durability.

Gazef's sword is like Wild Magic. It is not an item left by the players but instead enchanted with an unknown ability that ignores Yggdrasil stats or something.

That means that a lvl 33 warrior could contend with him physically. You know, by damaging him. Like the guy in vol 10 just did.

If it ignores the stats, what's the point of bringing it up?

Do we actually know why Gazef's sword can kill Ainz, or we just know that it has that ability? Because if it's the latter, then everything we try to come up with (Wild Magic, item left by players, etc.) are just theories.

NotEvenHuman said:
Do we actually know why Gazef's sword can kill Ainz, or we just know that it has that ability? Because if it's the latter, then everything we try to come up with (Wild Magic, item left by players, etc.) are just theories.
Ainz said so himself.

Jucaslucas said:
That means that a lvl 33 warrior could contend with him physically. You know, by damaging him. Like the guy in vol 10 just did.

Because Wild Magic is like Martial Arts

Alakabamm said:
Jucaslucas said:

They're only alike because both don't exist in Yggdrasil. You don't need to sacrifice a soul to learn martial arts. And it certainly doesn't ignore stats, considering what always happens when the users of martial arts face Ainz's crew.

Alakabamm said:
NotEvenHuman said:
Ainz said so himself.
So basically, we only know that it has the ability to kill him, but not why.

I mean, it's entirely possible that the sword is enchanted with Wild Magic. But it's also possible that the sword is just powerful enough to damage Ainz. It might have some hax power. Or whatever. Just theories, until we actually see the sword being used to it's full potential. So i don't think there's a point in discussing that.

They're only alike because both don't exist in Yggdrasil. You don't need to sacrifice a soul to learn martial arts. And it certainly doesn't ignore stats, considering what always happens when the users of martial arts face Ainz's crew.

Yes, but the defensive skills, to my knowledge, have never been broken by a Nazarick citizen. They also can affect Nazarick citizens if they aren't damage based, regardless of the fact that there is probably a huge level difference.

NotEvenHuman said:

I mean, it's entirely possible that the sword is enchanted with Wild Magic. But it's also possible that the sword is just powerful enough to damage Ainz. It might have some hax power. Or whatever. Just theories, until we actually see the sword being used to it's full potential. So i don't think there's a point in discussing that.
If it was powerful to damage Ainz, Stronoff could not wield it.

Alakabamm said:
They're only alike because both don't exist in Yggdrasil. You don't need to sacrifice a soul to learn martial arts. And it certainly doesn't ignore stats, considering what always happens when the users of martial arts face Ainz's crew. Yes, but the defensive skills, to my knowledge, have never been broken by a Nazarick citizen. They also can affect Nazarick citizens if they aren't damage based, regardless of the fact that there is probably a huge level difference.
Because they're generally not even trying. And the offensive martial arts are blocked all the time.

And when did some non damage based skill was used against them successfully?

Alakabamm said:
NotEvenHuman said:

If it was powerful to damage Ainz, Stronoff could not wield it.
Why not?

Can you imagine someone around level 30 using a level 60+ sword?

The thing is, are the people of the New World really bound by rules like that?

And you also asked about her abilities affecting him.

This is the novel description of [Full Throttle].

"Time in this space seemed to be manipulatedÔöÇÔöÇas if he had fallen into a viscous liquid, all his movements were slowed down. Ainz great sword became really slow."

She slowed him down.

NotEvenHuman said:

Yep.

Nfirea was required to use that magic item, after all. You need "talent" or power to do so.

Proof on that one? Sometimes they are.
When did someone from Nazarick go all out against someone from the New World? Excluding Entoma, of course.

Entoma did, of course.

Alakabamm said:
Jucaslucas said:
Because they're generally not even trying.
Proof on that one? Sometimes they are.
Momon vs Clementine. Ainz was restricting himself, and she couldn't even scratch him. Then he hugged her to death.

Ainz vs Sunlight Scripture. Took all of their attacks like it was nothing, then one shoted their angel that was "stronger than all humanity combined".

Shalltear vs Brain. She caught his best attack like it was nothing, and blocked everything else with her pinky finger. Then he got a super op move, and manage to cut her nail a little bit.

Cocytus vs Lizardmen. They didn't do any damage, but their good tactics allowed them to give him a minimal challenge. He ended up taking care of them with ease.

Sebas vs Zero. Zero used his strongest attack, adn Sebas took it like it was nothing, then one shoted the guy.

Demiurge vs Evileye. Took her best attacks like nothing, then one shoted her 2 friends. Ainz had to save her.

Ainz vs Gazef. Stopped time, then one shoted him.

Ainz vs that team that invade Nazarick. Took all of their attacks like nothing, then stomped them.

Ainz vs Go Gin. Didn't use his barriers, and got damaged. When he got his barriers up, took all of the guy's attacks like nothing, then one shoted him.

See any pattern here?

.... I know Entoma did. That's exactly why i said "excluding Entoma". She only went all out because Evileye is really f*cking strong for New World standards. Heck, she can probably solo most of the NW with little to no difficulty, afaik.

I don't remember anyone using a defensive skill against Entoma once she went all out.

Alakabamm said:
NotEvenHuman said:

Yep.
Nfirea was required to use that magic item, after all. You need "talent" or power to do so.
Because his talent is to be able to use any item, regardless of restrictions.

Fair enough about the Clementine time thing.

Anyway, the guy managed to damage him with physical strikes alone, while Ainz didn't have his barriers. His durability is low without shields, just that. There wasn't any other mechanism involved.

They defeated Entoman because Evileye had a spell that was effective against bugs, and because their level was really high for the world standarts, while Entoma was really weak to Nazarick standarts.

Jucaslucas said:
They defeated Entoman because Evileye had a spell that was effective against bugs, and because their level was really high for the world standarts, while Entoma was really weak to Nazarick standarts.
I'm pretty sure that it was stated somewhere in that fight that Evileye = Entoma. But i'm not gonna check now, still reading Vol. 10.

I really don't feel like going through those descriptions of the fights that you posted, but they don't refute what I am saying.

Never once was a defensive martial art broken. And yes, Ainz restricted himself from using magic, but he was using his full physical strength the whole time.

I am unsure whether the Entoma fight had a defensive power used but again the outcome has nothing to do with what I saying.

NotEvenHuman said:
Jucaslucas said:
I'm pretty sure that it was stated somewhere in that fight that Evileye = Entoma. But i'm not gonna check now, still reading Vol. 10.

Evileye needed help of her 2 teammates, and had a hard time against Entoma, even though she had a spell to counter her.

Jucaslucas said:
Because his talent is to be able to use any item, regardless of restrictions.

Fair enough about the Clementine time thing.

Anyway, the guy managed to damage him with physical strikes alone, while Ainz didn't have his barriers. His durability is low without shields, just that. There wasn't any other mechanism involved.
And that is exactly my point. They cannot use a level restricted item - the crown - unless they have someone at a high enough level or someone with a talent. So level restrictions do apply.

And you are forgetting that Clementine failed to do any damage to Ainz with her stilettos even at point blank, when Ainz was out of his gear and without any spells up.

• High Tier Repel Resistance III
  • High Tier Magic Invalidation III: Nullifies all low tier spells.
  • High Tier Physical Invalidation III: Nullifies all low level attacks (below level 60).
The shields are passive. He doesn't need to activate. He only turned them off against Go Gin, so that the fight would be fair.

Jucaslucas said:
NotEvenHuman said:
Jucaslucas said:
Evileye needed help of her 2 teammates, and had a hard time against Entoma, even though she had a spell to counter her.
Evileye and Entoma were on the same level.

Found the statement. This is in Vol. 6, Chapter 9. A bit after Evileye joins the fight, in case you want to check.

Alakabamm said:
Oh you mean his passive skills? They aren't really shields.
Well, regardless of what they are, a guy weaker than Nazarick fodder managed to hurt him, while he was without them.

Back