• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Questions About 1-A & Infinity Shenanigans

I'm kinda new here so I got these few questions

1 - What does exactly qualify for baseline 1-A?

2 - Is a character who's infinitely above baseline 1-A still 1-A?

3 - Big one; What is the ranking of a character who trancends an entire 1-A hierarchy that has infinite layers? For example; Layer 1 is baseline 1-A, Layer 2 is infinitely above Layer 1, Layer 3 is infinitely above Layer 2 and so on, these Layers go to infinity. What would a chatacter be ranked if they trancend and exist beyond this entire system of 1-A hierarchy?

Thanks for your time & answering.

1. Basically anyone that transcends an infinite hierarchy of layers that qualitative above each other, or the equivalent of it. Note that you don't actually need it to have an infinite hierarchy to get 1-A, but you would need to prove that that character transcends the equal of it.
  2. Yes, but this could mean two different things here. On this wiki, someone who is infinitely above baseline 1-A means that they're talking about an infinite 1-A hierarchy of its own. In the common analogy of staircases, if baseline 1-A was the first step, infinite 1-A would be being infinite steps. Keep in mind that the difference between the first and the second step could be infinite, but that doesn't make someone infinite 1-A.
  3. Someone that, provably, completely transcends an infinite 1-A hierarchy would be High 1-A.

Oh my god, my reply was deleted when I presa "Reply", now need to write whole thing again...

Thanks for your quick reply! I appreciate it. I thought 3 would be 1-A+ but apparently it's High 1-A. One more question; What is 1-A+? It seemingly transcends regular 1-A by a lot but doesn't have its own proper Tier?

Yeah, Fandom has a bad habit of eating comments. I always try to copy large texts or something before posting them. Although the forums are getting nuked soon so it won't matter for long.

Basically what I described in #2 is 1-A+. Continuing with the stairs analogy, someone who is infinite steps on the staircase, but still o the staircase [hierarchy] itself.

Thanks for your answer again! I guess few more questions I have sorry

Are there verses that have High 1-A or 0 characters without having a 1-A hierarchy? If there are, how arey qualified?

Ok how is it possible to get there without hierarchy? Also, What exactly is High 1-B and Low 1-A with this new tiering system?

It's kind of a complicated topic there was a whole thread about it. Best I could summarize is that because the Overvoid is the blank canvas that makes up the entire DC verse, it's above 1-As in a way that makes no difference whether there would be infinite 1-A hierarchy or not. Though getting High 1-A without an infinite 1-A hierarchy is extremely difficult and most likely won't be the case for any other High 1-A.

Well the difference is countable (High 1-B) and uncountable (Low 1-A) infinities. A countable infinity is something like 1, 2, 3, 4,...., ∞. While uncountable would be something like the decimal difference between 0 and 1, like 0.000(∞)1, 0.000(∞)2 and so on and so forth.

You should watch this video it'll explain it much better than I can.

Oh, it's Numberphile! I saw that video befoee but gotta watch it again I guess!

So for High 1-B it should be like countably infinite layers(?) of dimensions(?) and uncountable one is Low 1-A?

Thanks for your time and answers. Much appreciated!

Yeah, pretty much. It's most commonly dimensions, but it can be layers, or something equivalent.

And no problem, you're welcome.

Back