• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Something about Sonic

Hello,

First off, I'm already going to say one thing, this is not in any way an attempt to upgrade Sonic the Hedgehog himself. However, it is relevant to the profiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axAvQSg1mM0&feature=youtu.be&t=529

In this video, the developers confirmed that Sonic has no canon, just like Mario. Therefore, the recently discontinued Archie Sonic Comics are also cano. As are Sonic the Comic, the manga, the other comics, the animed media, etc...

This means that there likely will be upgrades to characters like Solaris and Illumina; this also could mean that all Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, ... profiles will have to be merged in one, seeing as there's no canon. But I don't know about that last thing honestly; that's up to the admins to decide.

That's all I have to say for now.

Are you confusing "canon" with "continuity"? Sonic's canon is questionable because Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic Shuffle have been claimed to be non-canon. Therefore there is some form of canonicity. Sonic has undeniable continuity however.

Mario was said to have no continuity. There's no continous story (or so they claim).

The comics cannot be canon to the games. The lore is not compatible and would result into impossible to define powerscaling and make everything into a big mess. I'm still making my Sonic Timeline, it's the best solution for handling the verse.

I see I missed up.

Though, they still said that everything is canon. Literally EVERYTHING; that would mean the comics as well.

The Post Super Genesis Wave continuity actually may fit with the games as an alternate reality (because Sonic Boom does) and the multiverse then wasn't defined yet. We'll have to wait and see.

Where do people get the ideas that Sonic Shuffle, Knuckles Chaotix, etc are non canon?

Probably assumptions I guess, without any official sources from "Sega" and "Sonic Team" to back them up.

ONLY "Sega" and "Sonic Team" has the final say over what Sonic games, comics, tv shows, anime, etc are canon, not the Sonic WIkia admins nor Sonic fans nor Sonic experts, etc.

You can't just disregard what "Sega" and "The Sonic Team" officially stated.

This will solidify Solaris' 2-B tier.

Knuckles Chatoix was stated to be non-canon by Iizuka himself. It explains the continuity error between Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic Heroes.

Sera Loveheart said:
Knuckles Chatoix was stated to be non-canon by Iizuka himself. It explains the continuity error between Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic Heroes.
OK then, but the rest is likely canon.

It didn't even need to be stated. Knuckles and thethe Chaotix in Heroes, meaning that his adventures together in the past have been retconned out of existence.

And Sonic Shuffle is akin to Mario Party. It is not part of the main Sonic chronology / continuity, which both Sera and I have detailed in the past, and it is even less valid than spin-offs such as Adventure and Rush to use for feats, since it's a Party game.

However, perhaps it's wrong to call it "non-canon".

But the dream multiverse =/= physical multiverse. Solaris was erasing the later and the Sonic 06 writers never once thought of Shuffle when writing it.

In any case, this is irrelevant. I am still working in organizing the verse and I'm in preparation for "Part II" of the revision after I finally upgrade Sonic's page already but everyone needs to be patient as I am very busy. I can't stress it enough. An adult has their responsibilities as a caregiver and member of society, same with Ventus and Tsubaki. This wiki, though I love this community and those within it, is not the first thing on my mind.

Sera Loveheart:

When did Iizuka state that it's non canon?

Aaron Webber recently stated "everything is canon" thus it bypasses Iizuka's statement since it's the current official statement and Sega made up their minds about "everything is canon" statement. However if Iizuka were to explicitly say tomorrow that Sonic Forces takes place in a different Era other than the Classic, Dreamcast and Modern Era then we can take that statement as official since it is recent.

Matthew Schroeder:

Just because Sonic Shuffle is different from most Sonic games doesn't make it any less valid. Sorry but Appeal to Traditio isn't the right way to discuss you know?

Thanks for admitting that it's wrong to call it non canon.

You created the Illumina profile. She is 2-B aka Multiverse level (Dreamed Maginaryworld into existence, a world in which the dreams of beings across multiple dimensions coalesce together becoming reality, turning into entire worlds and universes of their own. Maginaryworld also contains a realm known as the 4th Dimension, where all the innumerable dreamworlds are stored).

She dreamed all the worlds and universes into existence and also Eggman stated that he will consume all existing timelines.

And how would you know what Sonic 06 writers thought? You never worked at Sega.

Don't take this the wrong way okay. Just having a civil conversation.

Sera Loveheart said:
In any case, this is irrelevant. I am still working in organizing the verse and I'm in preparation for "Part II" of the revision after I finally upgrade Sonic's page already but everyone needs to be patient as I am very busy. I can't stress it enough. An adult has their responsibilities as a caregiver and member of society, same with Ventus and Tsubaki. This wiki, though I love this community and those within it, is not the first thing on my mind.
Take your time. I understand that life isn't easy.

Adamjensen2030 said:
You created the Illumina profile. She is 2-B aka Multiverse level (Dreamed Maginaryworld into existence, a world in which the dreams of beings across multiple dimensions coalesce together becoming reality, turning into entire worlds and universes of their own. Maginaryworld also contains a realm known as the 4th Dimension, where all the innumerable dreamworlds are stored).

She dreamed all the worlds and universes into existence and also Eggman stated that he will consume all existing timelines.
It doesn't matter if they're separate multiverses.

While i agree whit the fact that sega confirm everything to be canon, canon<consistence. This is why we cannot scale the hedgehogd to solaris, and the weakest characters (such as Cream, Charmy and etc) to Sonic or Shadow. However, Solaris should definetly be 2B

I actually agree whit Sera and Mattew about the continuity and consistence>canon. But, another time, Solaris should definetly be 2B

This thread is not about Solaris being 2-B. It's about the recently changed canonicity in the Sonic universe.

Back