• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Something I found strange about faster than light characters?

How do they see if they are faster than light? Or do we simply accept it without trying to question the authors knowledge on how physics works?

I've actually wondered this too. I think I read a mini-comic awhile back about a spoof Superhero who could move at FTL speeds, but couldn't see anyhing and just ran into a wall at full force. lol.

Search up : Accel World. That anime has everything you need

From what Anine said then that mean the super hero in the comic can travel at the FTL speed, but his mind failed to catch up with that speed. While in the Accel World, it's opposite, by using the physical burst, the burst linkers in the Accel World can accelerate their mind so fast that they can even see everything (including their own body stood still), an example of this is Taku use his physical burst .If you ask, then i will say Mind's speed = Reaction speed

Even if you has the FTL speed, if your mind cant catch with that speed then you're failed to use the FTL speed

Well, spaceships basically travel slower than light. Look at SDF Macross FTL technology. They create bubbles around them and jump into hyperspace. Even their FTL techonology describe principle quite well Fold Jump.

star wars? faster than light hyperdrive much? to be honest a galaxy may be hundres of thousands of lightyears across, george lucas must not have done math if he thought that you merely have to move 2 or 4 times to speed of light in order to get from one part of a galaxy to another. it would have to be like at least millions of times the speed of light lol, otherwise they would literally die of old age before they got from one place to another.

The Milky Way is only 100,000 light years in diameter. Let's not even get into Hercules A, which is 1.5 million light years across.

And even 10 000 isn't exactly small lol, people would literally age before they could get from place to another lol

Aurasuke said:
And even 10 000 isn't exactly small lol, people would literally age before they could get from place to another lol
Well, around 60% stars are in those 10 000 LY. But with outskirts MW is actually almost 180 000 LY

Meh, I got my answer from google, it can't be wrong lol.

But sure, that sounds like a reasonable estimation.

Lightspeed was a slang term referring to the speed at which a starship traveled through hyperspace. In reality though, lightspeed, or traveling through hyperspace with a class 1.0 hyperdrive motivator was actually over one hundred thousand times faster than the speed of light, allowing a ship to cross the galaxy in a matter of days. Light speed could be dangerous without the right coordinates.

Huh, seems like star wars actually breaks physics more than I thought lol

Does this imply character who use instantaneous teleportation can process their minds at instant speeds? o_O

nah nevermind that doesn't make sense

Back