• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That is not the case, you are thinking of Rush Adventure, in the first Sonic Rush the Eggmen would let the 2 worlds get destroyed and then create the Eggman land
Rush is the same. There's a tear in the space-time continuum and they're directly said later on to merge the two universes together. Their quote about transcending dimensions seems more like it would crossover and effect both Blaze and Sonic's world rather than create some super-dimensional space.

Altho by your description, would it be a range upgrade pherhaps?
Sure?

The universes merging together would destroy both of them, that is hammered in throughout the entire game. That’s why they wanted to make the Eggmanland beyond the scope of Sonic and Blaze’s world.

They are the same dimensionality though and are even in a larger scale. What you're arguing is that they're an uncountable infinity higher.
I’m not, Eggman’s artificial space would also be a limited degree of 5-D via containing four dimensional space+time.

The universes merging together would destroy both of them, that is hammered in throughout the entire game. That’s why they wanted to make the Eggmanland beyond the scope of Sonic and Blaze’s world.
I mean, you're agreeing with me then. It's about them destroying th3 walls between worlds and making a super Eggmanland. Not about making some transcendent super-space.

I’m not, Eggman’s artificial space would also be a limited degree of 5-D via containing four dimensional space+time.
The artificial space is just a non-universal 4D space. 5D would require it being universal in size along with having a higher time dimension. I'm not seeing 5D for any of the dream worlds personally.

I mean, you're agreeing with me then. It's about them destroying th3 walls between worlds and making a super Eggmanland. Not about making some transcendent super-space.
It’s not. The plan was to let both universes be destroyed entirely, not fusing them together to make the new Eggmanland.
The artificial space is just a non-universal 4D space. 5D would require it being universal in size along with having a higher time dimension. I'm not seeing 5D for any of the dream worlds personally.
Well the maze space itself does contain trappings of a stellar cosmology as well. But the dream part is due to the fact that whenever a wish occurs, that wish is considered a dream, and the dream is created by the Precioustone as a tangible world to match whatever the dreamer was dreaming about. So, if someone had a dream about a 5-D world, then the dream would match that scope. It’s important because these super-dimensional or transcendent spaces Eggman created (the Ruby dimension in particular being stated as infinite scope) are either explicitly or implicitly confirmed to be dreams of his, which means they would show up in Maginaryworld.

Then, because Eggman also physically traveled inside of Cyberspace, his memories and dreams were taken from his head and added onto Cyberspace, just like Sonic’s dreams and memories, and the Ancients’ dreams and memories, were. And Cyberspace can make these dreams and memories as tangible constructs in this dimension, because Cyberspace is powered by the Chaos Emeralds, which turn thoughts into power and reality.

So Cyberspace can likely contain the 4-D space areas that Eggman constructed in his dreams and reality, as Eggman confirmed that Cyberspace was beyond any digital construct he had ever made in scope and complexity, and Cyberspace itself has an overarching time flow, and CS itself has statements of containing an endless, unquantifiable, defying quantificafion amount of 3-D data, along with absorbing data from across the universe into it itself for 10,000 years, which should qualify as universal size.

So, CS is also 5-D.

It’s not. The plan was to let both universes be destroyed entirely, not fusing them together to make the new Eggmanland.
They were causing a tear in both universes, with an in-game tracker even telling you the overlap percentages. In addition their previous back and forth was about the Chaos and Sol Emeralds being like magnetic poles and how they're specially linked together. This is a dimensional merger and creation fest. Not a 5D dimension feat.
So Cyberspace can likely contain the 4-D space areas that Eggman constructed in his dreams and reality,
His dream of an Eggmanland is two universes merging together and the idea that its 5D is based on a rather large set of assumptions that I don't see being resonable.

So, CS is also 5-D.
Most I really see is 2-A if you're being generous with it. 5D is reliant on stuff not backed by any statements and is relying a series of increasing assumptions.

They were causing a tear in both universes, with an in-game tracker even telling you the overlap percentages. In addition their previous back and forth was about the Chaos and Sol Emeralds being like magnetic poles and how they're specially linked together. This is a dimensional merger and creation fest. Not a 5D dimension feat.

His dream of an Eggmanland is two universes merging together and the idea that its 5D is based on a rather large set of assumptions that I don't see being resonable.
It wasn't, in Rush the universe would not merge together at all, they would both be deatroyed, the point of the game is that as the emeralds attract eachother, both of the worlds would also be attracted, generating an explossive reaction that would destrpy both worlds

It ISN'T a universe merge

Again, assuming that the Eggmanland was from two universes merged together completely ignores the fact that the universes merging together would completely annihilate both. Eggman doesn’t say they would make an Eggmanland from the ruins or ashes of Sonic and Blaze’s world.

It’s not an assumption to say that wishes or dreams become tangible dream worlds, we get lore on the nature of wishes from Lumina (which is discussed in the 2-B Maginaryworld blog post). Eggman wished to create a four-dimensional space world with warped physics, and wished to create super-dimensional infinite size spaces, so that is a wish or dream of his. And Cyberspace pulls the wishes and dreams of those who enter, like Eggman did, into itself, increasing its size, while the overall world itself is far larger than Eggman’s 4-D constructs and is universe size in its own right. So CS is a universe area that contains four dimensions of space and a temporal component.

It’s not an assumption to say that wishes or dreams become tangible dream worlds, we get lore on the nature of wishes from Lumina (which is discussed in the 2-B Maginaryworld blog post).
Yeah I tried arguing against this as well but apparently it’s accepted so

It wasn't, in Rush the universe would not merge together at all, they would both be deatroyed, the point of the game is that as the emeralds attract eachother, both of the worlds would also be attracted, generating an explossive reaction that would destrpy both worlds
There's literally an indicator telling you how much of their worlds were merged. It's a universal merging feat, the entire plot was about combining the universes, having them blow up because of the Emeralds interacting with each other and then making an Eggmanland from that combined space.

Again, assuming that the Eggmanland was from two universes merged together completely ignores the fact that the universes merging together would completely annihilate both.
Which is the plot of the game. They're building an Eggmanland that would crossover in both universes. The Kanji for transcend in this context isn't talking about +1D transcendence. It's about how they're breaking down the walls between two seperate universes.

It’s not an assumption to say that wishes or dreams
It's an assumption to say that Eggman's creations should scale beyond a comic feat and that those two separate instances mean that CS is 5th Dimensional. I just don't see that being more plausible over it being 2-A or 2-B and fitting the criteria anyways.

There's literally an indicator telling you how much of their worlds were merged. It's a universal merging feat, the entire plot was about combining the universes, having them blow up because of the Emeralds interacting with each other and then making an Eggmanland from that combined space.
That counter has nothing to do with Eggmanland. Eggmanland is only at the very end in the final stage, and it’s stated to be one beyond the scope of both of Sonic and Blaze’s world. We’re never told at any point that Eggman will combine the ruined fragments of both worlds.
Which is the plot of the game. They're building an Eggmanland that would crossover in both universes. The Kanji for transcend in this context isn't talking about +1D transcendence. It's about how they're breaking down the walls between two seperate universes.
The kanji also means to expand beyond something, it doesn’t have to mean creating something by merging two elements together. It being a space Eggman created with the Sol Emeralds should also put it above spaces he created without the Emeralds.
It's an assumption to say that Eggman's creations should scale beyond a comic feat and that those two separate instances mean that CS is 5th Dimensional. I just don't see that being more plausible over it being 2-A or 2-B and fitting the criteria anyways.
Eggman’s creations should scale beyond the comic feat because the comic feat was made with objectively inferior power sources and reality warp potential. The Ruby prototype and the Sol Emeralds are objectively among the most powerful artifacts in the series, capable of nigh limitless reality warp potential. And them existing as a dream makes sense since Maginaryworld, the source of all dreams, is itself a realm with a similar infinite 4-D+ time scope.

That counter has nothing to do with Eggmanland.
That was in response to the other user saying their was no universal merger.

it’s stated to be one beyond the scope of both of Sonic and Blaze’s world. We’re never told at any point that Eggman will combine the ruined fragments of both worlds.
Context wise I'm not seeing it meaning transcending Sonic and Blaze's world. Just crossing them over and from their they make Eggmanland.

As for your second point Eggman Nega ponders why the universes haven't exploded yet
Eggman: Hmph! Once we're at optimal strength, it'll be easy to get the Sol Emeralds back. A pity that Blaze has no idea how to use the emeralds.
Eggman Nega: Still, I'm puzzled. Though we don't have both sets of emeralds... The Chaos and Sol Emeralds are both here. This should've created explosive results. However, the dimension here seems stable.
So your statement about them not building off the rubble is contradicted by Eggman Nega directly.
The kanji also means to expand beyond something, it doesn’t have to mean creating something by merging two elements together
It means to cross over, expand or go over. In this case crossing over dimensions makes more sense to me than a transcendent realm.

And them existing as a dream makes sense since Maginaryworld, the source of all dreams, is itself a realm with a similar infinite 4-D+ time scope.
Eggman didn't make a 4D+1 realm. He folded space until it became a limited 4D space from what I can see in the blog. Which is still vastly inferior to making a Low 2-C/2-B/2-A space.

Maginaryworld being 5D is because it embeddes Low 2-C spaces. It has its own seperate justification unrelated to Eggman (mostly).

You can disagree with me, but my stance is that only the Super-Dimensional space would be 5D/6D rather than every realm being 5D.

Context wise I'm not seeing it meaning transcending Sonic and Blaze's world. Just crossing them over and from there they make Eggmanland.

As for your second point Eggman Nega ponders why the universes haven't exploded yet
Because that’s just what’s supposed to happen when universes merge, it’s not directly connected to Eggmanland.
It means to cross over, expand or go over. In this case crossing over dimensions makes more sense to me than a transcendent realm.
And with the context of the Sol Emeralds doing it, it could just as easily be a transcendent realm. Especially since Eggman Nega’s dialogue says they will create their own world, an “Eggmanland beyond this dimension”
Eggman didn't make a 4D+1 realm. He folded space until it became a limited 4D space from what I can see in the blog. Which is still vastly inferior to making a Low 2-C/2-B/2-A space.
He didn’t fold space to make the 4-D realm, the space itself is just infinitely shifting by folding and expanding, while also happening to be 4-D. And even if it’s inferior to Low 2-C (which it probably is because the visual cosmology is MSS), the fact Eggman later makes a dimension with a similar purpose (to trap characters in an alternate world), that is called an “infinite super-other dimensional space”, made with an artifact that rivals the Chaos Emeralds that also has reality warping potential, should make Otherworld more legitimate as a uni sized 4-D space+time. And if that doesn’t work, Eggman still dreamed of creating a physics breaking 4-D space that would someday fully trap Sonic, meaning that dream would be contained in Cyberspace (as the wish wasn’t fulfilled by the events of Test Run, which is before Frontiers). Cyberspace is uni sized at least, given it has absorbed data from across the universe to add to itself for 10,000 years, so it contains a universe’s worth of 4-D space+time, hence 5-D.
Maginaryworld being 5D is because it embeddes Low 2-C spaces. It has its own seperate justification unrelated to Eggman (mostly).
Then, by all means, Cyberspace should still be 5-D. Since it embeds multiple Low 2-C dream worlds. I was simply going off the idea that because it contains Eggman’s 5-D dreams manifested into reality, the realm itself is 5-D.
You can disagree with me, but my stance is that only the Super-Dimensional space would be 5D/6D rather than every realm being 5D.
The superdimensional space I was referring to was Eggman’s Otherworld. Solaris is a different thing where he transcends the cosmology.

Last edited:
There wouldn't be any space afterwards, both universes would have been destroyed, there wouldn't be any space from the universes left for the Eggmen to alter

46:19
No, they are going to build the Eggmanland with the power of the emeralds, they are not the one's causing the merging, they never said that they would build it "crossovering it in both universes" in fact they were surprised that the universes weren't destroyed yet, implying that it isn't part of their plans to remold them as they show no regard for the universes destruction at all

There wouldn't be any space afterwards, both universes would have been destroyed, there wouldn't be any space from the universes left for the Eggmen to alter
The destruction of the universes would lead directly into them using the Sol and Chaos Emeralds to remake the space. They're harnessing that energy to make their Eggmanland.

No, they are going to build the Eggmanland with the power of the emeralds, they are not the one's causing the merging
They are the ones causing the universes to merge. The entire plot of the game was them trying to get both emerald sets and then trying to use them to make a new universe for Eggmanland. They aren't creating a 5th Dimensional space in my view.

Because that’s just what’s supposed to happen when universes merge, it’s not directly connected to Eggmanland
It's a byproduct of them wanting to use both Emeralds. They'll merge the universes and use the emeralds to then make the nee Eggmanland.

And with the context of the Sol Emeralds doing it, it could just as easily be a transcendent realm. Especially since Eggman Nega’s dialogue says they will create their own world, an “Eggmanland beyond this dimension”
I've already covered my stance on this and nothing provided has changed my view. This just seems like a dimensional merging feat turned into a universe creation feat. Not a 5D creation feat.

that is called an “infinite super-other dimensional space”, made with an artifact that rivals the Chaos Emeralds that also has reality warping potential, should make Otherworld more legitimate as a uni sized 4-D space+time.
I don't see that a valid reasoning for Otherworld being 5D. The other dimensional space is primarily an "Other" not a transcendent space above the standard universes.

Since it embeds multiple Low 2-C dream worlds.
Containing Low 2-C spaces doesn't make it Low 1-C unless you can prove they occupy an infinitesimal portion of it.

If you can do that, then yeah Cyberspace by the Ancients would be 5D like with the KH stuff.

The destruction of the universes would lead directly into them using the Sol and Chaos Emeralds to remake the space. They're harnessing that energy to make their Eggmanland.

They are the ones causing the universes to merge. The entire plot of the game was them trying to get both emerald sets and then trying to use them to make a new universe for Eggmanland. They aren't creating a 5th Dimensional space in my view.

It's a byproduct of them wanting to use both Emeralds. They'll merge the universes and use the emeralds to then make the nee Eggmanland.

I've already covered my stance on this and nothing provided has changed my view. This just seems like a dimensional merging feat turned into a universe creation feat. Not a 5D creation feat.
I’m just gonna leave it by saying there is no direct evidence Eggman would create the new realm from the ashes of the old one, and Emeralds/their comparable artifacts have been used to create alternate worlds before (Cyberspace is the obvious example). So Eggman creating an entirely separate world instead of using a template is feasible.
I don't see that a valid reasoning for Otherworld being 5D. The other dimensional space is primarily an "Other" not a transcendent space above the standard universes.
Because it doesn’t really make sense for a super-dimensional space made by the Phantom Ruby of infinite size, to be smaller than an MSS space Eggman created with his base tech (which is almost always inferior to the Chaos Emeralds, hence why he searches for them all the time), especially when both Otherworld and the maze were made to trap base characters, and Otherworld was far more successful in terms of that goal (doing so for a month instead of just a couple hours like the maze).
Containing Low 2-C spaces doesn't make it Low 1-C unless you can prove they occupy an infinitesimal portion of it.

If you can do that, then yeah Cyberspace by the Ancients would be 5D like with the KH stuff.
Exactly what is infinitesimal in this context? The entire realm contains endless/infinite data, and each of the individual dream realms and cyber realms that occupy Maginaryworld visibly do not take up the entirety of the space, as we never actually see them in-game despite exploring many facets of Cyberspace through the game’s boost stages.

Where are you getting "remake" from? There wouldn't be any space in the universes to remake, as the space time of both would have been gone

No they are not, the merging in happening even when both do not even the emeralds, in fact Eggman Nega never even had any emeralds until the final boss, and Eggman lost 1 by 1 after each boss battle

Btw am neutral on the 5th dimensional space point, just wanted to clarify some information is all

They take up an infinitely small portion.

Yeah
Well, worlds that contain infinite darkness are existing inside, but are not visible at any point, in what we see of Cyberspace, and the realm itself is endless in scope.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're both in agreement on the fact that Metal Overlord should've scaled to the highest Chaos Emerald tier to begin with

Thoughts on Overlord scaling to the highest tier?
Eggman said the chance of victory with the Chaos Emeralds was slim and would still be a miracle thing. So overall I wouldn't be against it.

Though it might mess with Black Doom scaling which I'm not sure about, but Metal Overlord has a lot going for it imo.

As much as Eggman may have hyped Metal Overlord as a nigh-unstoppable threat even with the Chaos Emeralds, the fact remains that Eggman had not yet witnessed any of the Emeralds' highest showings at the time. It's not like he's omniscient. Heroes takes place before Solaris, the Rush games final bosses, and every other god tier threat in the series. Metal Overlord scaling to them barely sounds like a possibillity.

They had to charge the Chaos Emeralds with power first and even then it required 3 Super level states to beat Metal Overlord (which even then was only a slim chance by Eggman's assessment). Like... No, Metal Overlord has every reason to scale to the highest tier of the Chaos Emeralds

That's not even mentioning that the only other time 3 Super states were required to defeat a foe was against Solaris of all things

As much as Eggman may have hyped Metal Overlord as a nigh-unstoppable threat even with the Chaos Emeralds, the fact remains that Eggman had not yet witnessed any of the Emeralds' highest showings at the time. It's not like he's omniscient. Heroes takes place before Solaris, the Rush games final bosses, and every other god tier threat in the series. Metal Overlord scaling to them barely sounds like a possibillity.
Point in time doesn’t matter considering we scale PDG and Nega Mother Wisp below Solaris. And pretty much every other boss in the series can at least be damaged by the super form on their own. Overlord can’t. Pretty much every other super form boss doesn’t require characters to buy time and charge up before entering the super state like Overlord did. And if we want to be pedantic, the single timeline means that Heroes takes place after Classic’s stint with the Time Eater.

I think the fact Overlord couldn’t be damaged by a super form acting alone is pretty notable, how many examples in the series does that actually apply.

Ultimate Gemerl ig but even he wasn’t quite the same.

I can tolerate this. My only problem is that unlike every other god tier threat in the series, Metal Overlord has no logical reason to be this strong. He's just Metal Sonic who collected data from the playable main cast as well as Froggy and Chaos. Where does he get that Low 1-C power from?

That kinda falls into an appeal to absurdity though. The real answer to you question is just straight up: "I have no idea but we have to accept it." I mean, considering that the cast is 4-A at best during this time, you could say this even with his current Low 2-C rating. "How does he go from finite power to infinite power of a higher dimension?"

I don’t think he needs a reason he’s just, really strong.

If you want something, the real super power of teamwork was embodied by all the data he absorbed, and power of friendship has enabled incredible force in the past.

I can tolerate this. My only problem is that unlike every other god tier threat in the series, Metal Overlord has no logical reason to be this strong. He's just Metal Sonic who collected data from the playable main cast as well as Froggy and Chaos. Where does he get that Low 1-C power from?
He aprimorated the data up to this level

Quite the strong power mimicry to not only copy something, but make it better to such a degree

Back