• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I feel people just look and see the Werehog and think it's a stupid concept(I actually like it)and then assume the entire game is bad.It's definitely one of my favorite Sonic games.

The werehog concept ain't so far-fetched for a series about a speedy blue hedgehog, a two-tailed fox that can fly, and an echidna that can glide with its own dreads.

When I asked my brother how this Sonic movie can exist at the same time as Detective Pikachu, he put it so eloquently that I had to share.

"It's just Pokemon doing what Pokemon does best, and Sonic doing what Sonic does best."

I saw this comment:

"I have to give my apologies to Sonic 06. You are no longer the lowest the Sonic series can get."

But I did think about this for a second. For the most part, Sonic has had very good adventures in other media. Sonic SatAM, Sonic X, Archie, IDW, and there's fans of Adventures and Underground. This on the other hand..?

To be fair, though, I actually don't hate Jim Carrey as Eggman. Sure, he really isn't Eggman. Like, at all. But, he seems fun enough to make the movie at least kinda campy for me.

I'm getting "Paul" flashbacks, though.

You are forgetting what this still is: a movie based on a videogame, aka, one of the most flawed attempts at making a movie.

Add also the fact that they are taking the worst possible decisions for this: they re-designed Sonic to make him look more human-like (so a literal Werehog), to the point it looks unnerving, setting the movie in the real world, but with this random Supernatural Hedgehog out of nowhere (basically like that crappy Alvin and the Chipmunks moive series), making a terrible trailer and all.

Seriously, how could Paramount come up with such a shitty idea? Just by looking at both Movies based on Video-Games and at the state of Sonic's franchise as of right now, this thing done in this way was the worst possible thing they could have ever done, regrdless on Detective Pikachu's success. Literally no one asked for it.

And the sad part is? Sega can't do anything about it.

There's plenty people who like though, there's a reason the like to dislike ratio is near equal

It's not an universally disliked thing

So Movie Sonic seems to be easily Supersonic at the least (Pedometer showed him at just under the speed of sound, created a sonic boom, missiles seemed to not even move in comparison to him) and Tier 9 in strength I think (spindashing Robotnik's car, causing it to launch into the air). Also he's an alien now, I think, judging by his "save your world" comment.

Apparently he generated an energy surge that "knocked out power across the Pacific North West", which would probably be in Tier 8/7 range, and I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some laser dodging feats. Besides that Movie Sonic has nothing going for him.

(This is DaBoi btw. Not using my computer where my password is saved)

Just eyeballing it:

AP: At least 8-A, likely 7-C (His Sonic Boom knocked out power across the Pacific North West)

Speed: At least Supersonic+, likely Hypersonic (perceives bullets & missiles in nigh-standstill)

Also, according to the spoiler summaries and the trailer, Sonic has rings that acts as portals, so there's potentially BFR with that

Shockwave Generation (caused a sonic boom while running), Electricity Manipulation (generates electricity while running), BFR (via warp ring), Madness Manipulation (His appearance)

Back