• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think that was just to fit the style of the game. Sonic 4 is supposed to be the classic era IIRC. Not the modern era.
It was supposed to be the transition to the modern era, it explicitly takes place before SA1 iirc.

We also know that Sonic canonically gets taller based on Generations, and Metal is tiny in that game.

It was supposed to be the transition to the modern era, it explicitly takes place before SA1 iirc.

We also know that Sonic canonically gets taller based on Generations, and Metal is tiny in that game.
We currently treat it as taking place before Knuckles chaotix where he has his Classic design IIRC. I'd have to double-check.

I would like to see Mecha Sonic and or the rest of the Scrapniks come back in the future of the comic because I recently read through the entirety of the Scrapnik Island arc and just, wow, it's absolutely a phenomenal story with great art, a surprisingly tragic and sympathetic antagonist in the form of Mecha Sonic at first, and the whole spiel from Sonic to Mecha that no one has the right to tell him what his purpose is and that he has the freedom to find his value in the world unironically made me a bit emotional when I read the comic.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing things but, after doing a binge read of the IDW comic, I can say that outside of a few glaring issues Shadow before he started to get semi better fduring the Eggperial City Arc I think the comic is great and worthy of becoming canon.

I would like to see Mecha Sonic and or the rest of the Scrapniks come back in the future of the comic because I recently read through the entirety of the Scrapnik Island arc and just, wow, it's absolutely a phenomenal story with great art, a surprisingly tragic and sympathetic antagonist in the form of Mecha Sonic at first, and the whole spiel from Sonic to Mecha that no one has the right to tell him what his purpose is and that he has the freedom to find his value in the world unironically made me a bit emotional when I read the comic.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing things but, after doing a binge read of the IDW comic, I can say that outside of a few glaring issues Shadow before he started to get semi better fduring the Eggperial City Arc I think the comic is great and worthy of becoming canon.
enough to be villanous benchmark

Also, I don't know about you all but I've been playing Sonic and the Black Knight and after close to it being a decade since I last played the game....the game's actually one of the best Sonic games in the franchise in my opinion.

The swordplay does get repetitive at times and the bosses, outside of the rematch against Lancelot, are too easy but the level design, the music, the art style, and especially the story and writing are top notch even in 2023. If the Storybook series got remasters or, possibly, a new game then I'd be all for it.

I'm curious why Mecha is scaled to Sonic currently on this site. His body is in worse condition, so, how did they get more powerful, if someone would be alright with going into it.

I'm curious why Mecha is scaled to Sonic currently on this site. His body is in worse condition, so, how did they get more powerful, if someone would be alright with going into it.
Mecha Sonic was upgrading himself with discarded Eggman tech before the events of the Scrapnik Island Arc thanks to Sigma IIRC so it's not like his body was in total disrepair.

Though honestly you could probably chalk it up to the writers not really caring about power scaling and just focused on how to make Mecha Sonic imposing for the story.

Yeah. I imagine it's much of the latter, which is understandable.
It's hard to see a dulled buzzsaw foot bumping a rusted robot from Planet to Universal, personally, but I do really appreciate the explanation. Thank you.

Also, I don't know about you all but I've been playing Sonic and the Black Knight and after close to it being a decade since I last played the game....the game's actually one of the best Sonic games in the franchise in my opinion.

The swordplay does get repetitive at times and the bosses, outside of the rematch against Lancelot, are too easy but the level design, the music, the art style, and especially the story and writing are top notch even in 2023. If the Storybook series got remasters or, possibly, a new game then I'd be all for it.
Story book games need remakes that just change the gameplay to not be on rails

If they literally just port the two with the option of not using motion controls, that would make me really happy. They have the same issue as Free Riders, to a lesser extent. Free Riders could steal my money and rob the nearby children and it still wouldn't make me as upset as the game just being itself does

If they literally just port the two with the option of not using motion controls, that would make me really happy. They have the same issue as Free Riders, to a lesser extent. Free Riders could steal my money and rob the nearby children and it still wouldn't make me as upset as the game just being itself does
That's one way to put it

Mecha Sonic was upgrading himself with discarded Eggman tech before the events of the Scrapnik Island Arc thanks to Sigma IIRC so it's not like his body was in total disrepair.

Though honestly you could probably chalk it up to the writers not really caring about power scaling and just focused on how to make Mecha Sonic imposing for the story.
Don't forget Sonic was quite handicapped for most of that arc.

Don't forget Sonic was quite handicapped for most of that arc.
Oh yeah that's right, Sonic had a sprained ankle for most of that arc and wasn't as fast as he normally is.

Though on that topic, I think Sonic should have immense pain tolerance listed on his profile since there has been a number of times where Sonic gets the absolute crap beaten out of him or he's got a physical handicap yet he's able to push through the pain and keep going. Such examples include the ankle during the Scrapnik Island Arc and, probably the most significant example, being able to push past the beat down Merlina gave him at the end of Black Knight and stand back on his feet ready to fight to the end.

Question for you all, which has been itching my mind since the trailer.

Do you think The End's fight is going to be changed during The Final Horizon? How would YOU want the fight to play?

Question for you all, which has been itching my mind since the trailer.

Do you think The End's fight is going to be changed during The Final Horizon? How would YOU want the fight to play?
I didn't mind the fight itself, since I like the vibe of "fighting a battle while flying across space as a desperate evil God rains Hell down upon you" and it went really well with the amazing ost "I'm with You", but I would like 2 changes:

1. For Super Sonic to be more involved in the fight in terms of appearing and his attacking (I mean, he's the one that TE is talking to, he should have more than the occasional special attack).

2. For the End's design to be different, naturally. Something like this: https://www.deviantart.com/hexsmasher/art/The-End-Sonic-True-Form-Updated-954733505

Last edited:
Back