• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'd argue that one-shotting and permanently killing your opponent with any move is more likely than potentially leading with the one skill you have that will be conclusive in this fight. The fate hax would have to make Chronomon stand still for several minutes in any situation where Sonic doesn't lead with his win condition, whereas anything Chronomon does here is a valid win condition. Were they in similar situations where they each only have 1 move that will kill, then using fate hax to prevent that would work fine but in this case it has to prevent any of Chronomon's skills from working, while also making Sonic use his win condition as either his first or second move, which someone said earlier in the thread he rarely does.

If I had to vote, I'd go for Chronomon rather decisively. That is, unless this is a stomp.

@Dragon can you go into greater detail on how he won? Because if Chronomon has a way to bypass fate hax than I will vote for Chrono here instead.

@Vindicitive When you put it that way. It does seem like a stupid idea. But the fate hax doesn't necessarily have to just keep him still. He can grow cocky and not use his hax to take Sonic down instead with physical force. Now Sonic can get one shotted by physical attacks alone, but Super Scourge could've done the same. It is very possible that Chronomon can hold back with fate manipulation giving Sonic enough time to just say "begone thot"

@Shake You seem to be the most knowledgeable one about Sonic's fate hax on this thread, can you evaluate what I said and see if it is legit? I don't want to be giving out false information thanks.

I never said Magnamon and Chronomon ever fought. I said it would be wrong to say to say that Magnamon's power of Miracles would work on Chronomon who is far stronger (as of this moment, may change once we solidify the Digmon World: DS scaling chain) than even Dexmon.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I never said Magnamon and Chronomon ever fought. I said it would be wrong to say to say that Magnamon's power of Miracles would work on Chronomon who is far stronger (as of this moment, may change once we solidify the Digmon World: DS scaling chain) than even Dexmon.
Magnamon also can't bypass Chronomon's Mid-Godly.

Well yes, that's a whole 'nother deal, however the point here is their Fate abilities. I don't feel as if these Fate abilities would really help against the likes of Chronomon who is far stronger than anything Sonic has ever faces by a literal infinite degree.

Then again, Super Scourage was also infinitely stronger than Base Sonic yet he still pulled through. This time though, he has a solid win condition and not just stupid assumptions like Scourge being exhausted once he reverted back. But it's still like a lottery here on how the fate hax can work, making it inconclusive.

Was he not Super Sonic at the time he defeated. Not to mention Scourge is still far below anyone in Digimon. And Chronomon even has a scaling chain.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Was he not Super Sonic at the time he defeated. Not to mention Scourge is still far below anyone in Digimon. And Chronomon even has a scaling chain.

@HERO It's a possibility, but remember it's hard to even explain.

How could Scourge somehow forget what the effects of Anarchy Beryl does to him as soon as he was confronting Sonic? We're talking about a guy that's hinted to have used the Super Form before, grew up with the stuff, and knew the effects. Willingly putting youself in that situation isn't just villainous cockiness. It's downright stupidity. Hell, Scourge even seemed surprised when it happened. Like he wasn't expecting it or something.

I'm not trying to be biased here btw, I realize Sonic's in a position where it's do or die. It's hard for me to assume Sonic would whip out Conceptual Manipulation from the get-go, but I can't really rule it out due to it being Sonic's only chance at victory. At the end of the day, you kinda just gotta roll with it here and go with your gut. If Sonic's Fate Manip worked any other way, maybe I could form a more solid opinion on this. Plus AP gap is an ouchie.

I think we should as we are pushing NLF. Or are we assuming Sonic can inconclusive stronger Digimon 2-A's due to lolFateHax despite the fact that Chrono literally has a 100% chance of killing him with literally anything he does meanwhile Sonic here has to rely on a "possible" stroke of luck. The chances here are not 50/50. This isn't Magnamon or UlforceVeedramon who just couldn't bypass his Immortality, this is someone who can with so much as a wave of his wing.

You said that the gap between Sonic and Chronomon is infinite, so I brought up Super Scourge fighting Sonic. My point was that the gap between Super Scourge and Sonic's is also infinite, yet he pulled out a win regardless because of fate. I'm not saying that Super Scourge is also in similar power level with Chronomon, I'm saying that Sonic has fought and bested someone with an infinite power gap before.

Yeah, Dragon's right on this one. We're bordering NLF here, but I understamd where you're coming from. But there's a difference in closing a gap of infinity and closing a gap of a greater infinity. If there's ever an upgrade for infinitely above baseline Archie 2-As, maybe this can be redone. As of right now...

Chronomon FRA.

MYHERO said:
@Dragon Well it's not like it's base Sonic that is going up against Chronomon.
Doesn't change much seeing as you have to factor in the mistakes.

>Fate Hax activates

>Chronomon uses Holy Flare instead of Dreadful Night

>Sonic Dies.

Or

>Fate Hax activates

>Chronomon uses Grau Larm instead of Corona

>Sonic's abilities including Fate hax are sealed.

>Chronomon goes for a Holy Flare, Starlight Explosion or literally anything.

>Sonic dies

If everyone inclined to believe that, then it must be right. But I am still confused about this. So let me explain how I see this and someone can clarify for me.

The fate hax will job Chronomon and let him only use physical attacks just like how Super Scourge has a line of hax and still just use physical attacks.

Chronomon can instantly end Sonic here with physical power. He is infinitely above the power to destroy infinite universes (which is where sonic is at) But his fate hax will make sure that Chronomon would hold back a lot and just toy with Sonic. The fate hax will induce stupidity as Super Scourge should've been well aware of what would happen if he were to exit his super form (By the way for anyone not into Sonic, it will make him exhausted if he were to exit said state)

Now Dragon is arguing that Chronomon is still infinitely above someone even like super hedgehogs, and that to assume it will work on that level of power would be NLF. Now this is where I need some clarifying because the way I see it doesn't seem like that. The difference between Super Scourge and Sonic is infinite. The difference between Chronomon and Super Sonic is infinite. So I think what Dragon is trying to say (Please correct me if I am wrong) that it will be a no limit fallacy because this is implying that it can be used on someone who is infinite^infinite. But the way I see it, the gap isn't infinite^infinite, it's only infinite as Sonic is in ultra form, and he at least borderlines on infinite power himself. So to me, it would be a similar scenario like in Super Scourge vs Sonic.

ShakeResounding said:
Yeah, Dragon's right on this one. We're bordering NLF here, but I understamd where you're coming from. But there's a difference in closing a gap of infinity and closing a gap of a greater infinity. If there's ever an upgrade for infinitely above baseline Archie 2-As, maybe this can be redone. As of right now...
Chronomon FRA.
Hold the presses. After reskimming this to see what I'm not getting at, I think I found the answer to my confusion. I just need you to clarify the difference and then Shadow can switch me over to Chronomon.

"But there's a difference in closing a gap of infinity and closing a gap of a greater infinity."

This hints at the idea here that I was not getting. Dragon was trying to tell me this is a No limit fallacy yet I couldn't believe that since Sonic has used it on someone who is infinitely stronger than him. The quote gives me a slight insight on to why the rest of you find my reasoning to be flawed. Now if you were to expand on that than that would be great.

Oh, gotcha.

So I can put it this way. Base Sonic has shown to at least somewhat effect a 2-A while in Base, right? The flaw in assuming he can do it to Chronomon is for the simple fact that reaching that state of power doesn't immediately allow you to affect those infinitely above you once you reach your cap in power. Sonic has a form that reaches the levels of Super Scourge in power, plus a form that surpasses it, so it isn't too fallicious to assume he can effect him. It's even shown.

The problem is assuming that Sonic can do anything here before literally anything kills him. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to assume that maybe Sonic could affect those infinitely above him. Maybe. But in this scenario, nothing will help him here due to anything being dome leading to his death except for one particular move.

ShakeResounding said:
Oh, gotcha.

So I can put it this way. Base Sonic has shown to at least somewhat effect a 2-A while in Base, right? The flaw in assuming he can do it to Chronomon is for the simple fact that reaching that state of power doesn't immediately allow you to affect those infinitely above you once you reach your cap in power. Sonic has a form that reaches the levels of Super Scourge in power, plus a form that surpasses it, so it isn't too fallicious to assume he can effect him. It's even shown.

The problem is assuming that once Sonic reaches Ultra Form, that it could affect those above what his maximum power is. Sonic has nothing that reaches infinitely above baseline in power, hasn't dealt with anything on that level. If he was infinitely above baseline, you could aegue it would work and we'd have an Inconclusive/Sonic match.
It's not so much Chronomon being infinity above baseline as it is that Chronomon has many abilities that can kill Sonic past his immortality.

Back