• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sosuke Aizen vs Groudon

Don't know much about Aizen, but from a quick skim of his page I'd give it to Groudon. A lot of Groudon's most powerful moves have a large area of effect, so it'll probably use them a lot and likely rendering Aizen's invisibility null. I'm not entirely sure how Kanzen Saimin works, but his AOE likely deals with that as well due to hitting everything around him, regardless of whether he's directly attacking it or not. Groudon can also make himself more powerful with Bulk Up and Ancient Power, making him both hit harder and more resilient.

Would Aizen think of using it in this battle? I mean, Groudon is basically a giant Kaiser beast. I wouldnt be surprised if Aizen thought Groudon's intelligence was no more greater than a Menos Grande's is, which is around wild animal level intelligence.

Yeah, they're on the same level. Even if he underestimates him at first, one attack from him or against him will change his mind. So, he uses Kyōka Suigetsu on Groudon, who has no counter to it judging from his powers and abilities.

Tell me if I'm wrong, because I could be misinterpreting the ability, but the description for Kyoka Suigetsu's Kanzen Saimin seems to say that its a mind ability that makes his foe attack someone/something else by making them think its an enemy. That seems fine for someone who has incredibly focused and precise moves, but those AOE moves I've mentioned are centered on Groudon himself, meaning that if Aizen gets close to attack him he'll risk getting hurt, and both seem to have similar range.

Victory is by KO, likely specifically because of Aizen's Regenerationn. Groudon doesn't need to kill him in order to win, just knock him out.

Im not sure. Aizen has never really shown reasoning to ever use it on beasts like the 1st level Menos Grandes due to their low intelligence and thats why I was asking if Aizen would be willing to use it on Groudon. Although they are on the same level, Aizen does not know the depths of Groudons abilities and for being a beast, its very likely in character for Aizen to think Groudon is no smarter than a wild animal so he'd be convinced he can easily outsmart Groudon without needing to confuse him.

Kyōka Suigetsu manipulates the senses as a whole, not necessarily make them think someone else is an enemy. For example, Aizen distorted Yhwach's perception of time.

Aizen doesn't need to release his Shikai for a Menos, they're essentially fodder. Yes, he can easily outsmart Groudon, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't use Kyōka Suigetsu, they're on the same level after all.

I'm giving this to Aizen. Groudon not having a possible counter to Kyōka Suigetsu already puts him at a very big disadvantage, Aizen can manipulate as he sees fit and make him see things that aren't there on top of his massive intelligence advantage. About his Regenerationn, sure Groudon can knock him out, but Aizen can also do the same. He also has AoE attacks and an advantage in skill. He can fly and spam Kido which can bind Groudon and incapacitate him. If Groudon doesn't have anything for Kyōka Suigetsu, this is very decisive in Aizen's favor. I don't see anything on Groudon's page that poses a serious problem for Aizen.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Aizen doesn't need to release his Shikai for a Menos, they're essentially fodder. Yes, he can easily outsmart Groudon, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't use Kyōka Suigetsu, they're on the same level after all..
Actually will Aizen even know if Groudon is on the same level as him? That sounds a bit like prep time which neither one has here. Aizen shouldnt know how strong Groudon is just like Groudon shouldnt know how strong Aizen is. It would be more logical for Aizen to think Groudon is just another fodder creature like the Menos.

Even if Aizen isn't aware at first. Unless Groudon one-shots him he'll take the hint and likely immediately respond with KS

Yeah, if Aizen takes a single hit, he would know. Besides, if he thinks Groudon is a Menos, he might as well attack him to make quick work of him. I mean, so as not to waste his time with something he perceives as fodder.

Oh yeah of course thats my point. Aizen would then definitely start off attacking but he shouldnt resort to using KS until he sees Groudon as a threat. That will give Groudon a chance at least.

Though if Groudon blows it and Aizen gets worried a bit, I definitely agree on him using KS.

The problem is he'd have to one-shot him then, cuz really any of Groudons moves can be considered a threat and once Aizen sees that he's flipping the switch on KS

Considering how none of Groudon's moves are actually one-shots, and putting Aizen's regen into the mix, I give it to Sosuke.

The regen is null because its victory by KO. After thinking about it though, I'll switch over to Aizen. Aizen's pseudoflight nullifies Earthquake, and though Groudon can use Lava Plume, I doubt he'd use it enough to knock him out, since he'd probably be focused on whatever the hell Aizen's making him see with KS by using more powerful moves like Fire Blast and Solar Beam.

Hmm. Well what about Groudon's heat ability?

I recall base Groudon in OR being able to cause heat and flames to surround the entire planet just by him waking up and Steven mentioning it would soon burn up the entire world. Logically it would become much stronger when it Primal Form.

Though I don't think this will do much to Aizen.

@Derp So again without a one-shot, Groudon won't win. How in the hell do you K,O someone who can't be worn out thanks to the regen AND that's to go with his insanely high stamina.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Hmm. Well what about Groudon's heat ability?
I recall base Groudon in OR being able to cause heat and flames to surround the entire planet just by him waking up and Steven mentioning it would soon burn up the entire world. Logically it would become much stronger when it Primal Form.

Though I don't think this will do much to Aizen.
Aizen won't engage in CQC, he can mindrape Groudon from distance. He also doesn't need to know Groudon's power, Aizen has put fodders like Momo on illusion before for giggles

And yet he didnt do the same thing to the likes of the Menos. Groudon and Momo are not in the same boat. Momo was clearly used as a subordinate for Aizen to fufill her part in his plans. As far as Aizen sees it, Groudon is literally just a gigantic Kaiju with the knowledge of a wild animal. Until he sees any threat from Groudon he is not just going to use KS on a wild creature/animal when he'll think he can win without it.

I agree Aizen won't put Groudon under KS until he sees a threat, but once he does the second he wishes Groudon will be put under hypnosis.

Aizen's KS puts him at great advantage, but exactly to what extent does it go? As an example on his profile, they say he can create illusions of himself, but does it go further? Even if he's affected by the illusion, if Groudon is still threatened, he will still fight seriously. Bulk Up and Rest can help him tank Aizen's attacks, and if he's standing on lava, soil or sand, his Hot-Blooded ability activates and he can regenerate. And considering how, in ORAS, Groudon creates lava around him just by standing, he has automatic regen.

@GoldenScorpions His KS will allow him to control all of groudons senses. whatever he wants Groudon to see, hear, feel, smell, taste is what Groudon will see, feel, etc.

Aizenishere said:
I agree Aizen won't put Groudon under KS until he sees a threat, but once he does the second he wishes Groudon will be put under hypnosis.
Eh, KS is the first thing he does in character. Aizen even rounded up the vice captains to put them under KS and they certainly aren't a threat whatsoever.

Anyway Aizen wont be having much trouble here. Groundon being such a big target makes it easy for Aizen to land hits with some dangerous kido and bakudo. Bakudo #1 followed up by powerful kidou can end this without issue.

I don't even think Aizen needs KS. Aizen wins low-mid diff.

XBlackExcellenceX said:
Aizenishere said:
@GoldenScorpions His KS will allow him to control all of groudons senses. whatever he wants Groudon to see, hear, feel, smell, taste is what Groudon will see, feel, etc.
If that's the case, Aizen should have Perception Manipulation on his page.

Illusion creation fits KS better, as he can't create an illusion out of nothing. IIRC It's something like he can make a rock look like him but he does need the rock as a "base" or substitute

@LordAizenSama

I agree but this is under the assumption that Aizen thinks Groudon is a mindless beast and would therefore not need to use KS. Like Kukui said.

You are the real deal however, so your word over mine. Yes senpai.

Illusion creation fits KS better, as he can't create an illusion out of nothing. IIRC It's something like he can make a rock look like him but he does need the rock as a "base" or substitute

Actually I think there were a few times he did do that, like making Ichigo and Renji out of nothing against Yhwach.

He has also shown some brainwashing abilities with KS aswell. That guy that followed Shinji around for a month, the four gate guards back in the Soul society arc ( wasnt shown in the anime) and Momo moving into stab position. For whatever reason he tries not to use it that way though

Ahhh true say, then I suppose there might need to be some adding to his profile.

I suppose the reason for him not using it more would be plot. Just maybe.

Back