• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Ah, Soul Calibur Revisions on the new forums, well this one is interesting. This revision includes some massive upgrades for Mid-Top Tiers so be ready.

The Eclypse
So in the past, Mr. Bambu calced a feat from Abyss which resulted in 300+ Megatons. However, one thing we didn't notice was that the wave of energy Abyss sent out not only destroyed a large portion of the area, but it even caused an actual eclypse. Due to us not knowing where the moon was at the time, we have to go with low end of baseline '''Moon level''' or '''5-C'''. However, there is downscaling to be had with this feat in which would make many characters '''High 6-A''' or '''Multi-Continent level'''. But first, let's go over Soul Calibur feats as a whole.

Soul Calibur Feats
So Soul Calibur doesn't really have that many feats in the main canon storyline and most feats are obtain from alternate endings (which are allowed on site unless contradictory). However, this feat is the first done in the actual canon story. But, let me list all the feats we have in both the Original and New TImelines.

Cervantes Storm Feat (Does not scale to AP): Resulted in High 7-C or Large Town level.

Inferno Cloud Piercing Beam:
Resulted in 7-A or Mountain level.

Power of the Ultimate Seed: The Ultimate Seed had been stated to be capable of destroying a Country or Two this was placed as Low 6-B or Small Country level by using Germany as a baseline.

Abyss' Eclypse: As brought up above, Abyss' feat created an eclypse which without a know location of the moon at the time, is rated as 5-C.

Power of Astral Chaos: It is directly stated that those who have the full power of Astral Chaos are able to create and destroy entire worlds (which in this case would refer to planets at least. This is also confirmed twice) and characters who scale to this (Night Terror and Algol) scale to the size of Astral Chaos which holds a Homunculus Nebula. It should be noted that full power Soul Edge is the one who created Astral Chaos.. Currently these characters are "At least 5-B, possibly 4-A. However, depending on Pocket Reality Revisions, this may be downgraded to simply 5-B in the future.

Scaling (Original Timeline)
Now here is the main part, Scaling. Assuming everything above is accepted and goes through, here's how things will play out.

Top Tiers (Moon level)

• Abyss: Caused a solar eclypse by releasing his power.
  • Nightmare (Soul Calibur IV): Is the closest to completion he has been in decades and should be superior to Abyss at this point as he's far stronger than his far incomplete Soul Calibur III self.
  • Siegfried (Soul Calibur IV): Fought and defeated Nightmare.

High Tiers (Multi-Continent level+)

• Nightmare (SCIII and below): He alongside Siegfried defeated Abyss.
  • Siegfried (SCIII and below): Defeated Abyss with the help of Nightmare.
  • Cervantes de Leon (Soul Blade): Should be superior to Soul Calibur III Nightmare due to having a more complete Soul Edge.
  • Sophitia Alexandra: Fought Cervantes de Leon and managed to break one half of Soul Edge.
  • Alpha Patroklos: Wields Soul Calibur and is far stronger than his base state. Defeated Z.W.E.I and Pyrrha Omega. Defeated Elysium, but this is considered an outlier due to how wonky SCV scaling is at times.
  • Pyrrha Omega: Stronger than Base Patroklos. Fought Alpha Patroklos, but was defeated and killed.
Mid Tiers (Multi-Continent level)
  • Kilik: With the help of Xianghua, he managed to defeat Nightmare and Inferno.
  • Xianghua: Defeated Nightmare and Inferno with the help of Kilik.
  • Taki: Fought and killed Cervantes de Leon who had half of Soul Edge's power.
  • Mitsurugi: Has consistently fought Taki and is considered her rival.
  • Setsuka: Can fight Mitsurugi evenly.
  • Zasalamel: Defeated both Ivy Valentine and Kilik in battle.
  • Ivy Valentine: Fought, but was defeated by Zasalamel. Defeated and killed Cervantes de Leon.
  • Cervantes de Leon: Defeated Ivy in their first encounter and hold various shards of Soul Edge.
  • Maxi: Comparable to Kilik and killed Astaroth.
  • Astaroth: Able to fight the likes of Maxi.
  • Rock: Fought Sophita, but the fight was halted so whether he is on her level is debatable. Fought Astaroth, but was defeated and nearly killed. Defeated Aeon Calcos.
  • Aeon Calcos: Fought Rock, but was defeated.
  • Graf Dumas: The weakest incarnation of Nightmare. Considered to not be a good host and as such cannot wield Soul Edge's full power. Easily defeated Patroklos.
  • Patroklos: Can defeat Mass Produced Astaroth. Capable of fighting Ivy.
  • Tira: Can fight with Patroklos on multiple occasions without going all out and simply choosing to lose on purpose.
  • Pyrrha: Comparable to Patroklos. Managed to block Graf Dumas' attack and force him to retreat when her Malfested Power activates.
  • Voldo: Strong enough to fight Pyrrha and Patroklos, although he was defeated.
  • Xiba: Fought against Alpha Patroklos alongside Maxi, Leixia and Natsu. It should be noted that neither side went all out in the battle.
  • Leixia: Same reasons as Xiba.
  • Natsu: Same reasons as Xiba.

Low Tiers (Unknown)​

This is reserved for the rest of the characters who don't really have many feats. They either fight Mid Tiers and lose badly, or have fights with Mid-Tiers off screen and we not have any knowledge of how much they did to said characters before being defeated. There is also the fact that some of these share Destined Battles with certain characters as well (this will be addressed at a later date)

Some Useful Abilities​

Soul Edge users or those who can utilize the power of Astral Chaos should have Chaos Manipulation. Astral Chaos fits the sites description for this power so this should be fine.

Also, those who can control Astral Chaos should have either Low Multiversal range or Interdimensional range as the power of Astral Chaos can not only connect timelines, but different worlds entirely.

This should be everything.
@DarkDragonMedeus @JustSomeWeirdo @MrKingOfNegativity @Super_Saiyan_God_Julian

Last edited:
Just to be sure, the 5C feat isn't inconsistent with previous feats right? I think there's two 5C feats?

I listed the feats above. One is a weather feat which no longer scales to AP and the other is the 7-A feat done by Inferno, both of which are alternate ending feats. Then we just have Abyss' feat, Azwel's feat for the new timeline and the Astral Chaos stuff.

Abyss' Feat is much closer to the God-Tier's Bare Minimum of Planet Level, so I think it's consistent with those kinds of Feats.

I'm not going to abject to it but it almost seems too high compared to every other feat.

......Then again, it's not like that means much contradicting it, I agree

They are the basically the mandatory battles in everyone's individual story mode. For example, Yoshimitsu vs Tira is a destined battle, although said battle is never mentioned in the story line. In SCII in particular we even got unique cutscenes for them. They of course stopped being a thing after SCIII.

Here's a list of Destined Battles

Depending on Pocket Reality Feats they might be downgraded to 5-B? God damn it whats happening with Pocket Reality feats now?

I'm no expert on the Calibur of Souls but this all makes sense to me so count me in for agreement.

The eclipse feat now has a consistent secondary feat to be brought up and can be downscaled to the Planet level statements from before. Albeit I think is better to wait for the eclipse feat until a calc is made.

This is due the thread that makes Soul Calibur V a bad ending and Cassandra defeating her original timeline malfested soul. More info on that closed thread.

latest

Yeah I'm a bit eh on that Chief

Using this means Cassandra has a feat several hundred times better then a top tier character's (Azwel's) combination of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur "destroying a Country or two" with his ultimate attack.

And even then it kinda ignores how a lot of the times cross continuity cross overs and shenanigans often aren't relaible (We have a rule for similar situations)

Which Imo has it's problems (Notably how arbitrary we assume he means Germany despite the fact no such portion of the statement implies this and it's only because the game is in Germany)

We have been scaling both timelines together for awhile. The reason being is that both scale to Soul Blade no matter what. And the simple fact is that this feat effects the stats of Soul Blade.
And even then it kinda ignores how a lot of the times cross continuity cross overs and shenanigans often aren't relaible (We have a rule for similar situations)
We already accepted cross scaling as both timelines scale to Soul Blade no matter what. If we choose to suddenly not use Soul Blade, then everyone will downscale from Ultimate Seed Azwel, which would make everyone High 6-C instead.

Yeah I'm a bit eh on that Chief

Using this means Cassandra has a feat several hundred times better then a top tier character's (Azwel's) combination of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur "destroying a Country or two" with his ultimate attack.
Cassandra for one, likely doesn't even scale. And even then, Azwel's feat wasn't even all of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, they were just shards + Astral Fissures. And it wasn't an Ultimate attack. And if anything, for the new Timeline, this is merely a supporting Tier 6 feat.

I've edited this OP and removed New Timeline stuff, we'll handle that in another thread. Also, no one has answered the Destined Battle question...

Last edited:
But Azwel is still a top tier of the verse, regardless of how much of the Swords he possesses and that’s ignoring his rating comes from a statement

It’s not a supporting feat of its several hundred times above the next available feat

But Azwel is still a top tier of the verse, regardless of how much of the Swords he possesses and that’s ignoring his rating comes from a statement

It’s not a supporting feat of its several hundred times above the next available feat
But it is when it's consistent with another feat from another Top Tier who would be Cervantes from Soul Blade who scales to a High 6-A feat.

It’s not tho

It’s literally the only other Tier 6 feat in the current timeline and you’re proposing it scales in the High Petatons to Low Exatlns based on another timeline’s events

It’s not tho

It’s literally the only other Tier 6 feat in the current timeline and you’re proposing it scales in the High Petatons to Low Exatlns based on another timeline’s events
Yes, because Soul Blade Cervantes scales from feats from the Original Timeline. If we still use the logic that Soul Blade should be treated the same for both, then this would apply. Where do you think High 7-C came from? Soul Blade scaling. Now I am very willing to cut out Soul Blade scaling to the New Timeline and instead downscale from the Ultimate Seed as that is the only New Timeline feat in existence, but that will have to happen in another thread. This is now focused on the original timeline only. Now what are your thoughts on the orginal timeline scaling?

Also, yes, a Low 6-B feat can be used to support a High 6-A scaling as the fact of the matter is that they are both Tier 6 feats making Tier 6 consistent. We've literally had characters who were "At least High 4-C, possibly 4-A" before with only one 4-A feat (an even larger gap than this) and it was accepted. This is nothing new.

I’m not arguing against backscalingj

Just that using a feat from an entirely different timeline with the one example of Cassandra as connective tissue is a tenuous connection

The Tier 4 stuff at least is from the one timeline

I’m not arguing against backscalingj

Just that using a feat from an entirely different timeline with the one example of Cassandra as connective tissue is a tenuous connection
Cassandra is irrelevant to them scaling to High 6-A though. Soul Blade scaling is relevant to that. But we are cutting New Timeline scaling to Soul Blade period and downscaling from Azwel's stuff. So once this thread is finished, we will continue there. Now, can you give thoughts on Original Timeline revisions and an opinion on Destined Battles so that we can continue and actually make it to the New TImeline thread.

Okay, but I need opinions on whether we should use Destined Battles for scaling.

Destined battles are basically rival battles, there's no reason to question their use for scaling that much, you can do the same with plenty of other fighting games.

If people don't exactly have an idea of what to do with Destined Battles, we can shelf it for later and focus only on the other stuff.

We'll shelf it for now and leave low tiers at Unknown then. Well go over these in depth at a later date.

i have no knowledge on this verse but from what i've read the revision seems reasonable also about destined battles were they ever brought up or referenced in the story or any other media alike ?

They aren't ever like mentioned in like storylines from like the databooks or artbooks, however many of these characters don't have detailed storylines in the first place if they aren't relevant to the main Soul Calibur vs Soul Edge conflict. So most only occur in like each game's Arcade Mode which is basically the individual story mode for each character.

i'm not sure on this one i think they could get a possibly rating
but i'll wait for more input as of right now i agree with everything neutral towards destined battles scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back