• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about their human side and demon side.
Well, Nero should have because he mention on Deadly Fortune and DMC4 that his demon side keep asking him more power since his Devil Bringer was awakened and DT is stated to be a manifestation of his demon side, Vergil can have because of V, but not sure about Dante tbh.

I forgot to talk about, but Sparda Physiology only goes up to Anime Dante btw, since makes 0 sense scale them after they are beyond Sparda level (DMC2 Dante and onwards)

We should leave a note about this

I forgot to talk about, but Sparda Physiology only goes up to Anime Dante btw, since makes 0 sense scale them after they are beyond Sparda level (DMC2 Dante and onwards)

We should leave a note about this
I have to disagree on such a hard and fast rule....I can understand we cannot scale weaker members of bloodline to feats of powerful ones, that's obvious.....but reverse is fair case...if weaker one is has feats of resistance then stronger one getting it is fair game.

DMC4 itself mention similarities in physiology of Dante and Nero...hence I'd rather have it evaluated case by case rather separate them entirely.

I'd rather have rule as
-> Don't backscale feats of DMC2 Dante and above characters to weaker ones below.

That literally contradicts what we are doing here, V

DMC2 Dante is already beyond Sparda, he has his own feats at that point and so is Vergil and Nero, and they even have different sources of power, Vergil being the Fruit and Nero being a "What form of power is this ?", they are on their own

We scale power to body in DMC, that's the reason why some of the feats aren't just Environmental Destruction, and that means Dante has a stronger/superior body to his father at DMC2 and onwards, same goes for Vergil and Nero

After the volume 2 novel, we do a case by case basis for scaling the feats from the Sparda bloodline between eath others.

That literally contradicts what we are doing here, V

DMC2 Dante is already beyond Sparda, he has his own feats at that point and so is Vergil and Nero, and they even have different sources of power, Vergil being the Fruit and Nero being a "What form of power is this ?", they are on their own

We scale power to body in DMC, that's the reason why some of the feats aren't just Environmental Destruction, and that means Dante has a stronger/superior body to his father at DMC2 and onwards, same goes for Vergil and Nero
You said Anime Dante was limit right??
I can roll with that...

Then what about Nero? Dante and Nelo have a stronger/superior body but Nero gets the benefits from that too

I believe there's statement about Sparda rip off his power because he affraid that his power could grow rapidly stronger.

I believe Sparda could achieve on DMC 2 Dante lvl if he never split his power.

Nothing, i believe.

Is technically concluded, but should we wait a bit more? Or can we consider this conclude and apply the changes?

Maybe upgrading certain Van will draw them out
Vandalism time
e8800ec0-dc89-4947-8873-bd6546148243.gif

Please don't warn me this is just a joke

A certain salty guy once said we rush the hell out of our CRT's the irony lmao so I think we should wait another 2 months like last time

What stuff?
I don't know if it's something on my end but I cannot see your gifs.

I'm unsure you could really argue game mechanics in this case, if your new form resists it that's a benefit of the new form, not a game mechanic.

That's what I meant by working around it; by not resisting it he has to fight using melee to work around it. I'm sorry if that thought wasn't articulated properly.

While we are at it, I have a few issues with another resistance:

The scan suggesting the air is toxic doesn't actually say that:

"Evil corrupts the soil and fills the air with an acidic taste."

This doesn't imply the air itself has toxicity, just that evil has given in a distinct sour taste. If we were to take this at face value it would also be implying lemons are also poisonous, which doesn't make much sense to me.

The Demon Monkey thing is also confusing, when cut it says "My blood is poisonous to your kind." but by your kind it means humans, we see this because Jessica was effected, not Dante who is also demon, so there's no reason to assume he resists and this is due to his demon heritage.

This may be introducing headcanon and I apologize if it's taken that way, but could it not be the case that the poison started dissolving the monkey's body is due to the fact it was cut into pieces and dying? If we were to assume it was always this acidic to itself, it would have already dissolved itself long ago. This isn't the case like with Xenomorphs because resistance to their own blood has been actively demonstrated, so the logical conclusion in my mind is that Dante cutting it down had something to do with it.

I don't like the example with the Green Beezlebub, the Nobody, and Chaos only because the entries we use to tell us about them directly tell us he needs to watch out for these things; if he resisted he wouldn't need to. The entry for Chaos even ends off with "that stuff is lethal!"

These justifications don't speak resistance to me.

I had a similar issue with the Resistance to Acid Manipulation, but I don't see that here so I'd have to bring it up elsewhere.

I thought demonic air is poisonous? because demon from DMC 2 was human before they breath on Demonic air.

Edit: oh sorry it was Toxic lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back