• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equal question

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it will be equalized to whoever is the fastest.

Logically, no. But it's not like characters automatically know the speed of their opponent's in-verse, so.

Yeah but they can know the power. If a character has a higher AP in a battle they would also assume they would have a higher speed.This info would change how the character would fight

I've been thinking about this and maybe we should treat is as a time-slow for the fastest character. This would mean that Kirito sees a speed stat way higher than his if he goes against a faster opponent yet he won't get blitzed so it's best to inform both characters beforehand that they have equal speed.

And remove all those vs opportunities? People will still use speed equal but in Fun and Games instead, clarifying and setting up the rules seems to be best course of action and people generally have a feeling how speed equal works and not a lot of debates are hindered by how it works so it should be fine regardless.

It would still be disorienting (and probably disheartening in a few cases). There are also people who only have experience dealing with people who are slower than them.

Well it's still better to tell those people beforehand than to let them figure it out themselves. Also if we go with the time slow thingy then people who can leap to other buildings can still do so while people who can't do so still can't do so since the kinetic energy the people in the time slow have would be equal as if there was no time slow, so that way people don't have to change their tactics and if they are told beforehand will also understand why their opponent is not able to follow them if they leap from building to building via their speed.

I would also recommend not saying which ones of the 2 used to be fastest one since some people might pull a power level out of that and thus change their tactics based on that. Or we can forcibly say they are not allowed to change their tactics based on this information but that may be a bit too restricting and hindering the normal thought process of some people.

Back