• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed of Gravity

Okay, so this is a question that goes out to any Calc members, or just anyone who might know the answer. I found a scan from a comic that seems to show the Gems from Steven Universe moving faster than gravity. https://imgur.com/a/til0lxI problem is, I don't really know how fast gravity moves, so I don't know how to quantify this. If someone could help me, that'd be great. Thanks!

The God Of Procrastination said:
You would have to figure out how much they moved before the objects did so.
Well they were in a classroom I think and it looked like the monster was on the other side so I guess they moved across the whole classroom.

It's not 9.8m/s since that's acceleration not speed. I haven't read the article but I can tell you right now that I'm raising serious eyebrows at "faster than gravity" equating to lightspeed. I very much doubt a statement like this will be literal most of the time.

The transition of an object moving upwards and then falling down happens at SoL speeds, so if someone can move fast enough that the object doesn't begin falling downwards, that's FTL.

Even if something doesn't appear to be falling down, that could still be the object just falling at a glacial pace

I think situations like this should just be taken as inperceptibly slow movement rather than the object not having started moving at all.

Gravity may not drag things down very quickly, but the gems moved a decent bit before the tables even started to move down. Very similar to a LoL feat that had pretty good results.

Back