• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) vs Raiden (Metal Gear)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano4444

He/Him
Spiderman after The Other.

Raiden from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Round 1: Standard Spider-Ma.

Round 2: Iron Spider.

Don't really see Raiden getting a hit on Spidey, and Spidey would be very well able to hit and damage him. So, I vote Spidey.

DMUA said:
Don't really see Raiden getting a hit on Spidey, and Spidey would be very well able to hit and damage him. So, I vote Spidey.
Raiden would still had plenty of chances to hit Spidey during the fight.

Even if those hits aren't lethal, they would still hurt, especially in his Ripped Mode.

The Spider-Sense way prevent Raiden to instantly kill Peter, but it hasn't stop other characters to still hit him.

Still, with the spider sense, he'd be at a big advantage.

DMUA said:
Still, with the spider sense, he'd be at a big advantage.
And Raiden had his HF Blade, which would ignores Spidey's durability and cut him like butter.

Assuming he gets a lucky hit. Which would be really hard, considering how OP spider sense is.

Spiderman has no issue dodging attacks from Raiden due to his pre-cognition and eventually should be able to Web Raiden to the point of being incapable of moving.

Voting Spiderman

DMUA said:
Assuming he gets a lucky hit. Which would be really hard, considering how OP spider sense is.
True, but again this hasn't stop other characters with similar level of speed from still hit him.

Precognition may be very helpful, but it isn't infallible (and his Spider-Sense is only good to react again attacks and nothing more).

Also, other than physical strikes, Spidey don't had many various options to put down Raiden.

His Web-Shooters would be at most an annoyance for Raiden.

He could simply cut them or just rip them a part, since Venom (who is just Small Town level) was already capable to do that.

Overall, either Raiden or Spider-Man had any absolute advantage over the other.

Spider-sense doesn't just give Peter a simple warning of danger, it gives him a complete, but brief omnpresent detection of his surroundings. And it depends on how much webbing Spidey uses on Raiden. The more webbing, the more the Ripper will be slowed down. I won't deny that the HF Blade will cut Spidey up if he does reach him. The first round is difficult to conclude.

Iron Spider has more to his arsonal then his original red and blue suit. peter received this suit around the same time where he gained additional physical upgrades after The Other storyline, which makes Spidey almost twice as strong and as fast than the first round, plus night vision, etc. With the Iron Spider suit on, he can fire limited repulsor blasts, and the suit has limited self-mechanical repair, along with extra appendages from the back. The suit doesn't even slow Spidey down either. I believe Iron Spider wins Round 2.

Isn't Spidey like a lot faster on top having precognition? I don't see Raiden being able to hit him before Ripper Mode runs out and after that he might as well be moving in slow motion.

Huesito88 said:
If speed was equalized spiderman would be dead right (or would spidey sense still save him)
Spidey sense would still save him long enough until ripper mode runs out.

Kyle Ramos said:
Also, we can always havr this reopened with any change in Spider Man's or Raiden's profiles.
Literally any change.
I mean, I guess? But Raiden and Spiderman likely arent going to get any changes anytime soon.

TeenAngel101 said:
Spider-Man has a feat where he smashes a stone in a micro-second. The KE from it is likely going to be Town level.
Wait, how exactly smash a stone in a microsecond would make someone Town level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back