• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spoiler Alert: Massive Upgrade for Acno?

Antvasima said:
The problem is that Acnologia's and Igneel's displayed full powers during their combat were not shown at anywhere close to Island level. Nor have any other characters displayed feats remotely approaching this scale.
If we start to see more feats of Island level that are less arguable, then that is a different matter, but for the moment I have downgraded Brandish to "At least 7-B via power-scaling".
Full power? Acno never fought serious yet

whether he did or not, he must be scaled being somewhere slightly above Igneel since Igneel was capable of WOUNDING Acnologia. He bruised him quite a bit and even ripped an arm off before Acnologia could kill him. If Acnologia was not fighting with anywhere near full power at that point, he'd be flat out stupid for allowing himself to be MAMED by a SINGLE dragon when several were present at the time. That alone should downgrade Acnologia, but I still think he should be Small Island in dragon form since he blasted Tenrou and left a sizable crater... though Tenrou was kept in a barrier so the feat is questionable...

Hfhfdgdg said:
whether he did or not, he must be scaled being somewhere slightly above Igneel since Igneel was capable of WOUNDING Acnologia. He bruised him quite a bit and even ripped an arm off before Acnologia could kill him. If Acnologia was not fighting with anywhere near full power at that point, he'd be flat out stupid for allowing himself to be MAMED by a SINGLE dragon when several were present at the time. That alone should downgrade Acnologia, but I still think he should be Small Island in dragon form since he blasted Tenrou and left a sizable crater... though Tenrou was kept in a barrier so the feat is questionable...
I don't think that should downgrade Acnologia when he wasn't even scratched by a mountain-busting attack earlier on the same fight. That just means Igneel's physical attacks are stronger than his ranged ones. Also, did you see what Acno did to Igneel in return? Yeah. The fact that Igneel was not only still alive after that, but was still capable of talking speaks a lot. The way i see it, an all-out battle between Igneel and Acno would end in Acno's victory, but barely alive. Also, he didn't really seem bothered by losing an arm.

Its likely to be revealed regarding his power i think somethings weakening him though its not baseless.Zeref asked him why he didnt conquer the world with his power since he had it iirc.Which would explain why igneel could do what he did despite already being killed by acnologia and having his soul extracted from him.

a mountain busting attack is 100~1,000 MT of force. If Acnologia is Large Mountain or Small Island in durability (being able to tank attacks that range from 1 and 4.3 GT), then ofc a mountain level attack would have little effect. He could still be mountain level (at the high end) and be able to shrug off an attack that is only a fraction compared to his durability.

He can't be Island if Igneel is mountain ESPECIALLY since IGNEEL WOUNDED HIM. They are both very likely to be within the same section in a tier with Acnologia being somewhat superior.

Acnologia has not shown anything to make him stronger than Large Mountain/high 7-A in dragon form. It does not matter if he one shot Serena. Serena is likely only 7-B since he still took damage from the 4 Wizard Saints and required two of his most powerful spells to incapacitate them when they were already injured.

Acnologia is likely only 7-A in human form AT BEST and high 7-A in Dragon form.

Hfhfdgdg said:
a mountain busting attack is 100~1,000 MT of force. If Acnologia is Large Mountain or Small Island in durability (being able to tank attacks that range from 1 and 4.3 GT), then ofc a mountain level attack would have little effect. He could still be mountain level (at the high end) and be able to shrug off an attack that is only a fraction compared to his durability.
He can't be Island if Igneel is mountain ESPECIALLY since IGNEEL WOUNDED HIM. They are both very likely to be within the same section in a tier with Acnologia being somewhat superior.

Acnologia has not shown anything to make him stronger than Large Mountain/high 7-A in dragon form. It does not matter if he one shot Serena. Serena is likely only 7-B since he still took damage from the 4 Wizard Saints and required two of his most powerful spells to incapacitate them when they were already injured.

As i said, it's entirely possible that Igneel's melee attacks are stronger than his ranged ones. Also, it's not news to anyone that FT characters use magic to make themselves stronger physically. Maybe he just used more magic power when he ripped Acno's arm off than when he used that mountain-busting attack.

Yes, God Serena is likely 7-B. However, he did NOT take damage from the 4 Wizard Saints, at all. And when was it mentioned that those were his most powerful attacks? They were pretty basic, not even Secret Dragonslayer Techniques that every decent Dragonslayer knows how to use. Now, if he had used any SDTs, then you could say it took him some of his most powerful spells.

NotEvenHuman said:
Hfhfdgdg said:

As i said, it's entirely possible that Igneel's melee attacks are stronger than his ranged ones. Also, it's not news to anyone that FT characters use magic to make themselves stronger physically. Maybe he just used more magic power when he ripped Acno's arm off than when he used that mountain-busting attack.
Yes, God Serena is likely 7-B. However, he did NOT take damage from the 4 Wizard Saints, at all. And when was it mentioned that those were his most powerful attacks? They were pretty basic, not even Secret Dragonslayer Techniques that every decent Dragonslayer knows how to use. Now, if he had used any SDTs, then you could say it took him some of his most powerful spells.
Wizards Saint >> Jura <= Laxus (who has a casual City Level attack and is portrayed to be stronger or at least to Natsu)

it still took him two spells from when he became serious to actually defeat a bunch of "Low 7-B" ~ low end "7-B" characters that were already injured. He defeated them with relative ease, but it was clear that they were putting up a fight and Hyperion even managed to stagger him briefly: http://www.***********.net/fairy-tail/470/7. I'm saying this because people assume Serena is 7-A when, while that might be the case, it is unlikely due to the fact that he needed to unleash his power to defeat the 4 wizard saints without taking any unnecessary damage.

Also, Acnologia's speed would allow him to easily one shot someone who is on the low end of city level when his AP is Mountain in human form.

can you fools stop hitting the "quote" button? everyone dislikes that. Also

@Alpha "casual city feat"... so? Laxus is not the Wizard saints and Jura is scaled to be weaker than Laxus meaning that, scaling from Jura, the Wizard saints are only a few times superior to Jura, leaving them at the lower end of 7-B.

Hfhfdgdg said:
can you fools stop hitting the "quote" button? everyone dislikes that. Also
@Alpha "casual city feat"... so? Laxus is not the Wizard saints and Jura is scaled to be weaker than Laxus meaning that, scaling from Jura, the Wizard saints are only a few times superior to Jura, leaving them at the lower end of 7-B.
The Gods of Ishgar are far stronger than Jura

and Jura is sighly weaker than Laxus

Hfhfdgdg said:
it still took him two spells from when he became serious to actually defeat a bunch of "Low 7-B" ~ low end "7-B" characters that were already injured. He defeated them with relative ease, but it was clear that they were putting up a fight and Hyperion even managed to stagger him briefly: http://www.***********.net/fairy-tail/470/7. I'm saying this because people assume Serena is 7-A when, while that might be the case, it is unlikely due to the fact that he needed to unleash his power to defeat the 4 wizard saints without taking any unnecessary damage.
Also, Acnologia's speed would allow him to easily one shot someone who is on the low end of city level when his AP is Mountain in human form.
Using his magic doesn't mean he was serious. No, they weren't putting up a fight. He would have some injuries if they were. Hyperion staggered him by force-choking him, and then he broke out of it effortlessly. Well, either that or he just straight up ignored it. When did anyone say God Serena is 7-A? I mean, it's still a possibility, since we never really saw him go all-out, but i think he's fine where he is for now. I say for now because there's that "magic king" guy. I would be seriously surprised if he doesn't know some top-tier healing magic. Also, if the 4 Wizard Saint's injuries are any indication, he didn't even need his magic. Also, "unecessary damage" implies they could hurt him.

What makes you think he's on the low end of city level? He just roflstomped 4 characters that are at least city level. He's not on the low end. He's on the high end. But definately not mountain level until he gets more feats

stop hitting quote, idiots. and I said the WIZARD SAINTS are on the low end of CITY LEVEL... I'm saying that Serena is likely not even close to Mountain.

Hfhfdgdg said:
stop hitting quote, idiots. and I said the WIZARD SAINTS are on the low end of CITY LEVEL... I'm saying that Serena is likely not even close to Mountain.
The WS are also not on the low end. Laxus has a casual city level feat. Jura is a little bit weaker than Laxus. Hyperion and the guy with transformation magic ( forgot his name ) are VASTLY superior to Jura. Warrod's AP is hilariously low, so he isn't even city-level with most of his spells.

It is clearly stated in the rules to not repeatedly quote each other back and forth. This occasion was not as bad as others I have seen, but nevertheless. If you wish to address somebody, just use @Username at the start of a post.

@Antvasima

Given that Fairy Tail has Country Level weapons such as Etherio and Fairy Heart, also that Mavis is likely Country Level. Brandish being Island Level isn't really an outlier. Furthermore, Macarov said that Brandish was a nation destroyer. So Island Level makes sense.

August was stated to be the strongest of the Spriggan 12. Six of the Twelve Spriggan, including Brandish, were sent along with an army to invade Fiore. God Serena and Jacobe were sent along with August to destroy the country of Bosco on their own, they were successful. This shows the power of God Serena and Jacobe, it further shows the power of August.

Furthermore, August was confidentthat God Serena could defeat the 4 strongest mages of Ishgar, the continent Fiore is on. God Serena effortlessly stomped the 4 Gods of Ishgar.

Acnologia casually one-shotted God Serena who should be stronger than Brandish, based on the above.

So, who could Brandish be scaled to?

• Igneel
  • Acnologia
  • Zeref
  • August
  • God Serena
  • Jacobe
  • Possibly other Spirggan members, if they are shown as equal to Brandish

Well, it doesn't really take more than city level power to destroy the forces of a country, and we have still not seen any explicit feats from other characters remotely approaching that scale. Not even from Acnologia going all-out agaist Igneel. So I would appreciate if you would drop this until we have seen more feats from other characters.

Warrod Sequen said that "On the continent of Ishgal alone, i am surpassed by innumerable wizards.". Which means that the other countries on the continent of Ishgal, like Bosco have equal or stronger wizards than Fiore.

The fact that Jacobe, God Serena, and August were sent to take down Bosco on their own, shows that they are stronger than the 6 spriggan members, including Brandish, who were sent with an army to take down Fiore.

Anyways, i have more evidence, can i make a blog post about it? If not, i'll drop the topic.

What you are saying may very well be true, and sufficient to eventually upgrade them, but as I mentioned earlier we still need explicit feats to contradict that Acnologia's and Igneel's fight was comparatively unimpressive, and that we have not seen any other feats on Brandish's level. I would prefer if you drop the matter until we get explicit proof.

Warrod is low 7-B or maybe low end 7-B via feats... the wizards he claimed to surpass him could be several times more powerful, but that would not allow them to reach 7-A if their spells are 5~10x more destructive than his. Acnologia at 7-A would still crush them.

@Hfhfdgdg

You don't understand my arguement...

The fact that only Jacobe, God Serena, and August were sent to take town Bosco, means that they are stronger than the 6 Spirggan Members, including Brandish, who were sent along with an army to take down Fiore.

The 6 Spriggan members are city level. Brandish may have at least Island level environmental range, but unless Cana's karate chop is mountain level, she is physically weak compared to them. God Serena has also only shown 7-B feats, and Acnologia just destroyed him without even bothering to look at his eyes.

Back