• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(STAFF ONLY) Minor Tier System Explanation Adjustment (for 1-C and 1-B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
STAFF ONLY

Ok. "More than countably ifninite", as accurate as it may be, gets hard to read after a while. I'm not suggesting go back to using infinite as that is incorrect. However, I feel as if it far easier to explain how higher dimensions (in term of geometry) affect a cosmological structure rather than "a 7-dimensional multiverse is a more than countably infinite number of times greater than a 6-dimensional multiverse, an 8-dimensional multiverse is a more than countably infinite number of times greater than a 7-dimensional, etc."

Simple.

Universe - 3 dimensions of space + 1 dimension of time.

Multiverse - adding one dimension will allows for the duplication of the previous structure any number of times.

This means that for our purposes each added spatial dimension can contain any number of the previous structure. A 7-dimensional multiverse can contain any number of 6-dimensional spacetimes. Our current explanations for 1-C and 1-B do explain this, but in a rather complex way, more complex than it needs to be considering it's exceptionally good vocabulary.

TL;DR. Our 1-C and 1-B explanations have too much blah blah and we need to simplify it.

I strongly disagree. DontTalk helped me to word the definition so it turned mathematically accurate, and it has not caused a lot of misunderstandings, nor is it very hard to write a few extra words in a sentence.

My apologies, but I would appreciate if you do not continue to try to change our working standards. Such matters should peferably first be discussed in private between the bureaucrats, not be brought up in public by former staff members.

In addition, the distinction between 2-A and High 2-A is dependent on that we keep the current definition.

To clarify, please first approach me in private about such issues. If they seem sensible, the bureaucrats can all discuss the suggestions, so we do not introduce any changes that are potentially detrimental to the wiki.

I am pretty sure Sera is not trying to change anything, she is just trying to simplify the explanation for Higher-Dimensional Tiers

I mean, i am also pretty sure lots of people have difficulty to grasp this "Countable Infinity and Uncountable Infinity" stuff (i am one of them myself, like... I just started to understand them a couple hours ago), so i guess it would be good to just... simplify this explanation and stop explaining higher-dimensions through concepts that are already hard to grasp while not even explaining what they mean

Well, a countable infinity multiplied by 0 is also 0, whereas an uncountable infinity multiplied by 0 is an undefined number.

Hence, 2-A incorporates characters that can destroy a countable infinity of 4-D universes, whereas High 2-A incorporates characters that are either 5-D or can destroy an uncountable infinity of 4-D universes, as that is necessary to reach a 5-D scale.

When did I bring up 2-A/High 2-A? Also, I'm not trying to change the standards, just word choice. I didn't know that was harmful. Plus "keep trying"? I "keep" trying to change the system? I even mentioned how accurate it was. I just know that I've heard several times in private that "a more than countably infinite number of times" is just a mouthful, especially when read in rapid succession. They just don't speak up (and I see why). Why do all the bureaucrats need to discuss mere word choice in private?

I'm really starting to wonder if I ever explain things correctly. People always misunderstand what I say, usually assuming more than what I said/meant in a negative way.

Okay. My apologies if i brought offense, but nevertheless, you should first inform the bureaucrats about potential changes to our system, so we can discuss it in private before doing anything drastic.

This is most certainly not worth any more animosity or suspicion towards me so, please just close this and I'll never bring it up again.

I do not hold animosity or suspicion towards you. I just think that you seem overeager to change various practices in the wiki, which you need to forewarn me about, as instant public discussions about any policy changes can potentially lead to problems.

I am open for suggestions about how to better explain why we make a distinction between uncountable and countable infinities in the tiering system page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back