• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stain (Chizome Akaguro) VS Roronoa Zoro (Pre-Timeskip)​

• High 8-C versions will be used
  • Equalized speed
  • Fight Location: Goat Island
  • Starting Distance: 5 Meters
  • Both in character
Stain: 2 (@Bruhtelho, @ApiesDeathbyLazors)
Zoro: 7 (@Ashura, @LordGinSama, @KingTempest, @Shadyboi0, @The_Eldritch_Snowcone, @Peppersalt43, @MonkeyOfLife)
Inconclusive:

ddspaix-d487d960-1c39-4a23-aa9d-534fff8db10c.png

latest

Last edited:
What stops him from getting hit by Zoro's sword slashes and such? Zoro has an AP and dura advantage.

Zoro gets hit too easily though. He might get hit and Stain'll catch his blood.

AP for both:
Zoro scales to 8.52181122995 Tons
Stain scales to 4.79 Tons of TNT

Zoro doesn't have a lot in this key and what he does have isn't all that useful in this fight like his Information Analysis isn't gonna be useful here since Stain's quirk isn't something Zoro is gonna see until after he gets effected by it, Zoro having a durability advantage doesn't really matter when Stain's quirk can ignore conventional durability

leaning towards Stain on this one
he only needs to graze Zoro with one of his blades for him to be able to activate bloodcurdle and he should be able to do this since he uses a lot of misdirection and aggression when fighting in combat, plus Stain's Immense Endurance should help him keep fighting if Zoro hits him

Zoro via better Ap advatage. They'll both be tryna hack off eachothers heads so the fight will be over quick. Most skilled would prolly come out victorious.

Was shaky on this before cuz stain would only need a single cut. But I'd say that zoro's skill in swords well outclasses stains and his ap is higher so he'd have the pressure on Stain.

Stain was getting tagged by midoriya, ida who were less skilled and experienced than he is and was incapable of putting down a bunch of amature no liecened heroes completely. Midoriya was able to get right back up sometime after, after being paralyzed and he was inferior to stain.

Zoro does get tagged but that's mostly by those who have shown to be slightly above him in ap and speed, mostly because of the wound he recived from mihawk which got in the way in his fights against arlong, hachan, that guy on that bike thingy in buggy's crew due to a suprise attack from buggy himself etc.

So i think Zoro should overpower him with superior Ap and completely outclass him in a clash with with swords.

My final argument for this thread. Could go either way but eh.

Last edited:
Stain was getting tagged by midoriya, ida who were less skilled and experienced than he is and was incapable of putting down a bunch of amature no liecened heroes completely. Midoriya was able to get right back up sometime after, after being paralyzed and he was inferior to stain.
the only way they were able to beat Stain was overwhelming him all at once and getting tagged by someone doesn't mean you're less skilled then them
Stain easily murdered 17 known Pro Heroes and crippled 23 others to the point of being unable to make a full recovery, he also was able to battle and heavily injure Ingenium, a popular and powerful Pro Hero without much difficulty, leaving him in a critical state, Ingenium should be more skilled then Iida in combat and when Iida first encountered Stain, Iida was quickly defeated by Stain and needed Deku to come save him or else he would of been killed, all three of those "amature no licensed heroes" were being trained by top pros everyday and Deku just learned from Gran Torino how to use 5%

For starters, Stain wasn't taking the kids seriously until Todoroki showed up and then the three of them were barely able to keep up with Stain. Todoroki's quirk is a good counter to Stain's whole fighting style. Midoriya and Ida are both faster then Stain and it took both of them using their special moves to finally knock Stain out. Stain considered Midoriya worthy and therefore wasn't trying to kill him. Todoroki, Midoriya, and Ida are some of the best in UA currently. Midoriya got up because Stain's quirk has a time limit, which wouldn't be a factor in a one-on-one. Single combat is Stain's specialty and he's killed and cirppled dozens of Pro Heroes. The AP gap isn't large enough to be a serious problem.

AP for both:

Zoro doesn't have a lot in this key and what he does have isn't all that useful in this fight like his Information Analysis isn't gonna be useful here since Stain's quirk isn't something Zoro is gonna see until after he gets effected by it,
source for this? Zoro can instantly analyze a sword to tell it was cursed, which is something much more complex than a DNA based ability.
Zoro having a durability advantage doesn't really matter when Stain's quirk can ignore conventional durability
It absolutely matters, don't mistake Stain's Quirk as something that can cut an opponent regardless of their durability. His attacks don't ignore durability, it's the after effect that does and even then it isn't even durability negation.
leaning towards Stain on this one
he only needs to graze Zoro with one of his blades for him to be able to activate bloodcurdle and he should be able to do this since he uses a lot of misdirection and aggression when fighting in combat,
Zoro has fought opponent who are much more skilled than Stain is, matter of fact Zoro himself is more than skilled enough to go through a exchange of blows with Stain while overwhelming him and evading his attacks. Zoro is much, much more agile than him, is a much better dodger, has more methods of attacks to his disposal, can attack from more angles, is vastly more skilled and utilizes way more aggression when fighting in combat.
plus Stain's Immense Endurance should help him keep fighting if Zoro hits him
Zoro's is much better and Stain has never tanked something from Zoro's level. Remember how Deku rocked his shit? Now imagine Deku, but stronger, way more skilled and is now utilizing three bladed weapons as opposed to his hands.

Voting Zoro for having the better senses, vastly superior skill, even more lethality amongst his AP advantage, already having fought against opponents who are more skilled and stronger than Stain (He's also fought against faster opponents so that's not impressive.) and his Information Analysis. Stain is a good fighter but he doesn't come close to Zoro, and him killing "Pro Heroes" isn't a significant skill feat whenever they don't have any skill feats themselves, Zoro and his opponents on the other hand do.

Last edited:
source for this? Zoro can instantly analyze a sword to tell it was cursed, which is something much more complex than a DNA based ability.
something being cursed isn't the same as something DNA based and it even states "a sword" so we don't even know if he can just analyze everything about a person
It absolutely matters, don't mistake Stain's Quirk as something that can cut an opponent regardless of their durability. His attacks don't ignore durability, it's the after effect that does and even then it isn't even durability negation.
Zoro's durability advantage doesn't prevent him from being cut by Stain's blades, the advantage isn't massive enough for Zoro to resist getting cut by a sharp edge based weapon
Zoro has fought opponent who are much more skilled than Stain is, matter of fact Zoro himself is more than skilled enough to go through a exchange of blows with Stain while overwhelming him and evading his attacks. Zoro is much, much more agile than him, is a much better dodger, has more methods of attacks to his disposal, can attack from more angles, is vastly more skilled and utilizes way more aggression when fighting in combat.
I never said Zoro was less skilled then Stain, I perfectly agree Zoro is likely more skilled then Stain in combat but that isn't going to prevent him from getting cut by him at least once, he'd simply need to graze Zoro for him to be able to activate bloodcurdle, Stain is always switching up his battle style he's going to use a mix of different things in combat misdirection, aggression, prediction and use of the environment for him to be able to at the very least draw even the slightest amount of blood to activate his quirk, Stain is also incredibly agile constantly using Todoroki's Ice as a way to push himself into the air or jumping off of walls
Zoro's is much better and Stain has never tanked something from Zoro's level. Remember how Deku rocked his shit? Now imagine Deku, but stronger, way more skilled and is now utilizing three bladed weapons as opposed to his hands.
Deku didn't "rock his shit" as you put it, Stain wasn't taking the kids seriously until Todoroki showed up and even then they could barley keep up with him they needed to overwhelm him all at once to even be able to hit him with a strong hit and even then he still got up and continued fighting after having his Ribs broken and Lung pierced as ApiesDeathbyLazors said, Zoro's is better yes but it isn't useful when Stain can just incap him with bloodcurdle and then go for the kill once Zoro can't even move

I'm still gonna stick with Stain for now
Yes Zoro is an incredible Swordsmen but Stain only needs to graze him once for him to have enough blood for bloodcurdle to work and I think that is going to happen, Zoro isn't going to be able to dodge all of Stain's attacks and he has tons of other ways to cut Zoro, Daggers, Throwing Knives, Toe-spiked Boots, Folding Knives, etc

something being cursed isn't the same as something DNA based and it even states "a sword" so we don't even know if he can just analyze everything about a person
A curse is something abstract in nature, something DNA based in inherently easier to analyze. He doesn't need to analyze everything about a person, he'd just know to be cautious of Stain's blades.
Zoro's durability advantage doesn't prevent him from being cut by Stain's blades, the advantage isn't massive enough for Zoro to just be resist to getting cut by a sharp edge based women
The Durability isn't the issue here, the issue is Zoro's vast Skill advantage and his evasive advantage over Stain. His AP on the other hand is completely relevant, he can one shot Hachi whilst in critical state with swords that aren't his, and his lifting strength makes it all the worse for Stain.
I never said Zoro was less skilled then Stain, I perfectly agree Zoro is likely more skilled then Stain in combat but that isn't going to prevent him from getting cut by him at least once, he'd simply need to graze Zoro for him to be able to activate bloodcurdle,
First of all, let me address the blatant elephant in the room, or rather elephants. Foremost Stain needs to lick the blood or wound to active Blood-Curdle, it isn't something that magically happens when he cuts you. Secondly, Zoro is objectively more skilled than Stain, and yes he's plenty skilled enough to evade Stain's attacks whilst fishing out attacks that Stain can't withstand. Deku ragdolled him, and Zoro is stronger and using blades.
Stain is always switching up his battle style he's going to use a mix of different things in combat misdirection,
Stain only has one fighting stlye, and again he hasn't shown to the ability to utilize half of these against opponents who are noteworthy. Zoro is also a lot more unpredictable with his sword style, so let's not even go there since Zoro has 3 styles to choose from and ranged attacks such as Tatsumaki.
aggression,
Zoro out does Stain in this department by leaps and bounds. @ Me whenever Stain has a bloodlust Aura.
prediction
He doesn't have Prediction, nor has he ever shown the ability so don't make things up.
and use of the environment
Zoro makes better use of his environment and i can prove so with scans if we wanna go that route.
for him to be able to at the very least draw even the slightest amount of blood to activate his quirk,
Again, this is blatant lie. Stain needs to consume the blood for his Quirk to take effect, and he usually does so by licking the wound and if tries that against Zoro he's saying goodbye to his tongue.
Stain is also incredibly agile constantly using Todoroki's Ice as a way to push himself into the air or jumping off of walls.
You mean the attacks that lack any AoE whatsoever hardly a notable fear. Let's compare that to Zoro evading 6+ swords being swung at him, left with little to no room to move and all while injured. (And this is done by someone vastly more skilled than Stain and Zoro danced around it.) or Zoro dancing on top of the same opponent with a lethal wound that almost cut him in half.
Deku didn't "rock his shit" as you put it, Stain wasn't taking the kids seriously until Todoroki showed up and even then they could barley keep up with him they needed to overwhelm him all at once to even be able to hit him with a strong hit and even then he still got up and continued fighting after having his Ribs broken and Lung pierced
No, for starters Stain didn't continue fighting after all his injuries, he lost Consciousness almost immediately afterwards. And again, Deku and the Kids most certainly rocked his shit
as ApiesDeathbyLazors said, Zoro's is better yes but it isn't useful when Stain can just incap him with bloodcurdle and then go for the kill once Zoro can't even move
Which is a load for the reasons I stated above. Zoro is strong enough to end the fight in a few blows, and evade all of his attacks. Zoro is much, much more evasive than anything Stain has ever faced, has the skill to overwhelm him, the agility to dodge and dance around him and the AP to end it in a few seconds.
I'm still gonna stick with Stain for now
Yes Zoro is an incredible Swordsmen but Stain only needs to graze him once for him to have enough blood for bloodcurdle to work and I think that is going to happen, Zoro isn't going to be able to dodge all of Stain's attacks
You fail to grasp the skill gap between Zoro and Stain, the gap of skill between the two is massive enough to where Zoro can evade his attacks with ease, while the same can't be said for Stain. Stain doesn't have remotely compareable feats to say that he can tag Zoro before he's overwhelmed.
and he has tons of other ways to cut Zoro, Daggers, Throwing Knives, Toe-spiked Boots, Folding Knives, etc
Which are irrelevant as Daggers Zoro can deflect, same with Throwing Knives, Spiked Boots get blocked and countered almost immediately by one of three swords, and folding knives are even worse as they require him to get closer to Zoro.

Stain isn't recovering from attacks that can do shit like this or this to opponents who are much more skilled than Stain and over 2x more durable than Stain casually.

AP for both:
Zoro scales above 8 Tons, Stain was knocked out by a blunt blow by 2 characters who scales to 4 tons, and has been damaged by each characters individually. It doesn't really take a genius to realize the amount of damage Stain is gonna take from someone 2x stronger than what he's been damaged by, and the fact that he got KO'd by 2 4 ton characters attacking at once. Zoro either slashes through him with one attack or knocks him out in one attack.

Again, this is blatant lie. Stain needs to consume the blood for his Quirk to take effect, and he usually does so by licking the wound and if tries that against Zoro he's saying goodbye to his tongue.
I can already tell I don't care about this thread anymore, but first Stain is gonna go for the blood that is easiest to consume, that usually being on his weapon. He went up that close to Todoroki to prove he could to scare Todo and because he's a creepy ******.

Also analyzing a curse on a weapon and analyzing someone's DNA on sight are two vastly different feats. Zoro will probably figure it out after he's paralyzed, but not before. You are basically giving him clairvoyance at this point.

Not really. If we're using zoro, just from his character traits alone he'd be having too much fun and going all out the second he clashes with stain and sees that stain is a really good swordman. This is when he'd probably go over the top and applying so much pressure to stain that he'd be simply outclassed in skill to even try get in a single scratch on zoro who's also utilising the 3 sword style. Superior agility and acrobatics. Stains gets completely overwhelmed and shutdown. As I've said, zoro wasn't very healthy in east blue due to the injury mihawk gave him. But he still shown superior swordsman shio and completely outclassed one of the strongest swordman on fishman island who utilises the 6 sword style.

I'm not voting, saying who wins, nor mention anything about skill, and I think East Blue characters are being upgraded from what I hear... but.

Buchi's 8.52 Feat is something that would've seriously injured Zoro had it connected. Buchi's stomping attack is a super move that he can't perform without jumping high into the air and coming back down. Being hypnotized increases a person's strength, even before Buchi was hypnotized Zoro didn't want to be hit by his attack.

I'm not sure of the proper translation, but an unofficial translation I read stated his bones would've broken, but the viz translation has him state he'll be a pancake. Either way both of them imply Buchi's attack would've done serious damage. Which means Zoro was threaten by an attack weaker than 8.52 Tons.

Zoro did overpower Hypnotized Buchi, but he overpowered his punch/claw attack. Buchi cannot produce the same force that his stomp has with a punch, it's simple physics. He's jumping into the air and using gravity along with his full weight to assist in this attack. His punch cannot produce the same amount of energy.

So, Zoro overpowered an attack that's weaker than 8.52 Tons and he didn't overpower the 8.52 Ton attack.

Buchi's dura does scale to 8.52 tons, and Zoro injured him yes. However he injured him with his swords, which means he can cut Buchi without needing to surpass his Dura. I can slash someone like Bruce Lee, but that doesn't mean I'm as strong as him. Unless could slice off his limbs or cut him in half.

Zoro shouldn't be upscaling from that feat.

I'm not voting, saying who wins, nor mention anything about skill, and I think East Blue characters are being upgraded from what I hear... but.

Buchi's 8.52 Feat is something that would've seriously injured Zoro had it connected. Buchi's stomping attack is a super move that he can't perform without jumping high into the air and coming back down. Being hypnotized increases a person's strength, even before Buchi was hypnotized Zoro didn't want to be hit by his attack.

I'm not sure of the proper translation, but an unofficial translation I read stated his bones would've broken, but the viz translation has him state he'll be a pancake. Either way both of them imply Buchi's attack would've done serious damage. Which means Zoro was threaten by an attack weaker than 8.52 Tons.

Zoro did overpower Hypnotized Buchi, but he overpowered his punch/claw attack. Buchi cannot produce the same force that his stomp has with a punch, it's simple physics. He's jumping into the air and using gravity along with his full weight to assist in this attack. His punch cannot produce the same amount of energy.

So, Zoro overpowered an attack that's weaker than 8.52 Tons and he didn't overpower the 8.52 Ton attack.

Buchi's dura does scale to 8.52 tons, and Zoro injured him yes. However he injured him with his swords, which means he can cut Buchi without needing to surpass his Dura. I can slash someone like Bruce Lee, but that doesn't mean I'm as strong as him. Unless could slice off his limbs or cut him in half.

Zoro shouldn't be upscaling from that feat.
Unsure what you are trying to say?

Back