• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stalker (Roblox) should be moved to FC/OC

Sans2345

He/Him
This page has been on the wiki for some time now but i really think it should be moved to FC/OC because it basically uses half-life characters like the combine for example, and quite honestly, it feels more like a fannon half-life roblox game more than anything else, so i propose that the page should be moved to FC/OC.

Agree: 2 (@Vyfourthaccount, @Giannysmag)
Disagree: 1 (@CurrySenpai)
Neutral: 0

Last edited:
Disagree, roblox has been getting enough flack as it is and I’m not about to watch it happen again.

The Combine in The Stalker should not be confused with the Combine from half life, similar names but a bit different in practice and lore.

In no way does the stalker feel like a half life canon game, especially considering it is nothing like half life in regards to gameplay. Sure, inspiration may have been taken, but it is not outright meant to be a fan game.

Disagree, roblox has been getting enough flack as it is and I’m not about to watch it happen again.

The Combine in The Stalker should not be confused with the Combine from half life, similar names but a bit different in practice and lore.

In no way does the stalker feel like a half life canon game, especially considering it is nothing like half life in regards to gameplay. Sure, inspiration may have been taken, but it is not outright meant to be a fan game.
From what i heard, they are literally the same as the Combine from Half-Life 2 down with the same goal of "ruling the galaxy", even using Half-Life 2 sound effects in-game.

Honestly, it's just a watered down copy of the combine.

Have you actually opened the game because "From what I heard" is much different than playing the game. Using sound effects from the game isn't that bad, most of HL2's sound effects are actually Public Domain/Open Source.

The "Same goal of ruling the galaxy" makes 0 sense because the combine were not the first people to do that and if that's your argument we should get rid of verses like star wars and what not.

As the guy who got The Stalker's profile to where it is today, I disagree FRA. The Combine from The Stalker is only similar to The Combine from Half-Life by name. They have entirely different lore and stuff like did you know that they haven't even finished conquering a single galaxy by the time they invaded Earth whereas the HL Combines have already taken over entire universes? There are also these guys called Overseers who don't exist in HL? And here's what Stalkers look like in HL compared to the supernatural meat eater we got on Roblox.

Last edited:
Yeah, simply playing the game really just goes to show how different the two are.

The Stalker is just meant to be a scary multiplayer Roblox horror game (A classic one I might add). Playing it for even a couple minutes will show it is a unique experience that isn't really a "Fangame" of anything per say.

OP cooked and the food burned.

Disagree FRA. using this logic on any other verses puts them in the same boat, which shouldn't be the case.

Should UNDERTALE be put onto FC/OC due to the clear inspiration of earthbound, even with the music of undertale using earthbound sound bytes?

Should Team Fortress be moved to FC/OC due to being inspired by quake? even being a mod, using the engine and some sound effects from the original quake?

Medias can be inspired by each other, thats the beauty of it! someone making an original take on the combine, changing every detail about them and just keeping the faction name, creating a unique universe around it aswell, is quite literally more than the least they could've done.

The stalker uses sound effects from a lot of source games, namely Half Life 2 (it literally nabs the combine from there too ,lmao), and The Hidden (the game's direct [and indirect, see below] inspiration). The abilities from the stalker are similar to the antagonist from the hidden, I'll just compare Wikipedia's page on The Hidden to the stalker's abilities:
Nearly invisible, uh huh.
Cannibalizing corpses? Stalker has that too.
Ability to "sense auras" from a distance? Stalker has that in the form of infared(?) vision. See previous video.

The stalker only differentiates in that he's only partially invisible & has a few other abilities like screaming, possession. Should be clear cut "it's inspired and the only setback is the combine shit", right?
Actually... The Stalker is a complete ripoff of a GMOD addon.

A lot of the old footage from CloneTrooper/MaximumADHD's youtube channel are around ~2013 or so, that addon released in 2012. Doesn't help that the Stalker Reborn's HUD elements are very very similar.
image.png

(1:11 in this video)
F1A86E49F1429DA9A5C428A1B2247A6C5B1808BB

(From the steam workshop page for the stalker)

Huh, both screams disorient people and **** up electronics? A little bit coincidental.

Maybe I'm just being a little schizophrenic. Roblox's stalker game was published in 2010, and one of the trailers (for the old version) was made a month before that addon was uploaded to steam workshop. Clear cut, Roblox Stalker came first, right? Wrong. Here's a video of Gmod Stalker gameplay that was uploaded a week before that shoddy trailer dropped. Something's not adding up.

it's 100% possible to upload a roblox game and then turn it into something else. You can make a Roblox game in like 2009, not touch it until 2020, and then actually turn it into a fully-fledged game. The game page will say that it was made in 2009, but you only made any meaningful effort to turn it into a game in 2020. That is what I think happened with the Roblox version of the stalker.

Good example of this is Arcane Odyssey. Game says it was made in 2019. So it must've been released in 2019, right? Wrong, it was actually a different game called World of Magic, which got completely overhauled into Arcane Odyssey

The (roblox) Stalker could've just been some random ******* test game that got turned into the placeholder for the (Roblox) stalker, and then reworked into the Stalker Reborn.

TL;dr, Roblox Stalker is most likely a ripoff of the Gmod stalker addon. Barring that, it uses a very-very-very on-the-nose totally-not-the-combine-from-Half-Life soldiers that look very similar to and sound exactly like the combine from Half Life + sounds ripped from the Hidden. Make of this what you will.

Back