• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Standard AP assumptions for an "average adult"?

I wanted to ask what the standard AP assumptions (not just the tier, but the energy as well) are regarding "average adults". I'd like to know that for:

• Average Stone Age Adults
  • Average Middle Ages Adults
  • Average Modern Day Adults
  • Average High-Fantasy Adults
  • Average Sci-Fi Adults

Normal Human ?

Unless we are given reasons to believe otherwise, the average joe is as strong today as it would've been thousands of years ago or in the foreseeabe future.

Only difference would come in the equipment they have at their disposal.

For Fantasy and Sci-Fi, it depends on the verse, there are certainly verses where average humans are way above Normal Human level. Also, in the future, normal humans could have access to cybernetics that could amplify their strength.

Yes normal human. Regular Citizen, infact.

This question is mostly for the fact that a lot of verses compare someone or something to a certain number of "average adults" (with no specifications in regards to equipment whatsoever) but the results can vary quite a lot depending on whether the "average adult" being compared is set at 40 Joules, 70 Joules or 100 Joules or is technically not even part of the 10-B Tier.

Modern Day got better nourishment than Middle Ages, but Middle Ages adults tend to move around more than the Modern Day adults, for example.

There can be differences, but I just want to know at how many Joules to set the adults at. I know in most cases we always go with "baseline" for anything where details are unknown, but one might argue that "average" is the keypoint here, so just with that it's already unclear whether the usual assumption would be 40 Joules or 70 Joules. Or since the tier 10 examples are made from modern day humans (I think?), someone in Stone Age or High-Fantasy could be at 100 Joules for having much more physical activity on average, or someone with Sci-Fi implants might perhaps even be at Street Level.

Average stone age humans would be around 9-C, but lived much shorter and high infant mortality rates

Is there even a vsbattleswiki page for standard specs for a modern human to use for average mass/height? Cuz there should be. I've used 1.7 meters for random human height assumption and like 65 kg for a rando. For like a random kick / punch the kinetic energy of a human's attack could be attributed from the mass of a guys arm or leg.

I just use wikipedia metrics on worldwide census charts and stuffs, but apparently the max humans can move according to todays scientists is 40 mph or 17.8816 meters/ second , usain is 28 mph or 12.5171 meters / second and the guy weighs 93.8936 kg apparently. ~5.3% is the presumed breakdown of mass of a guys arm compared to his total body weight soz...

Usain running punch = .5*(.053*93.8936)*(12.5171^2) = 389.84261219 joules

https://chem.libretexts.org/Ancilla...lth/Energy_in_the_100_m_Sprint#Kinetic_Energy

this page gives 6192 joules for his full body tackle energy and uses I'm guessing an older weight for this fast boi

Peak human scrub boi running punch = .5*(.053*65)*(17.8816^2) = 550.77216297 joules

The 550.77216297 joules might be what top end pre historic healthy humans could achieve with their op genes; this assumes a pretty low end arm weight too.

Assuming you do a running punch, the kinetic energy behind your arm here is what's used. A tackle would have more energy behind it of course.

AguilaR101 said:
Normal Human ?
Unless we are given reasons to believe otherwise, the average joe is as strong today as it would've been thousands of years ago or in the foreseeabe future.

Only difference would come in the equipment they have at their disposal.
Why would the average joe of the modern day be as strong as back in the Medieval age where vastly more people worked the farms and was generally just more stronger?

Back