• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, "The Vow of Silver Dawn" is really freaking bad. It has the same writing structure and quality of your typical Chinese Fantasy Web Novel.

Light of the Jedi is a Near Masterpiece of Star Wars storytelling and I'm just so blown away by how good it is. not just as a star wars book but a book in general.

Prose is A+

Structure is A+

Characterization is A+

Pacing is A+

the only negative thing I could imply is that if the follow-up books are really bad then they could retroactively make this book weaker but as of now.
Fantastic.
Charles Soule never disappoints. He's proving to be one of the best writers of the new Canon.

Now if only James Luceno and Alexander Freed could get onboard with High Republic.

Light of the Jedi has one of the best feats in Star Wars Canon at the end.
Can you elaborate without giving me any spoilers to the book/plot?

Midball it
Looking at book quotes it seems to be described as very large. Unless I'm missing context (I don't have the book, just able to preview-quote search lines) it is a "huge freighter ship" that can (uncomfortably) fit tens of thousands of people inside it.

How big would a "Decent-sized Spaceship" be in Canon Star Wars?
Depends on the context and type.

Warship? Anything corvette-sized and up (100+ metres).

Civilian? Anything the size of a yacht or bigger (50+ metres).

Midball it
Looking at book quotes it seems to be described as very large. Unless I'm missing context (I don't have the book, just able to preview-quote search lines) it is a "huge freighter ship" that can (uncomfortably) fit tens of thousands of people inside it.
I remember this from the preview that was released a couple of months ago. A ship like this would have to be a large bulk freighter the size of a heavy cruiser or battleship (has to house the population of a large town). Anything from just under a kilometre to a few kilometres? We know that something the size of an ISD (1.6 km and 40 million tons) can comfortably house 30,000 to 40,000 people.

Anyway without giving contextual spoilers away the feat is that a bunch of Jedi across the galaxy join minds to stop this ship as it's moving at near-lightspeed. Another great feat for Jedi working together.

@ByAsura
@Shadowbokunohero

I was going through the Complete Vehicles prequels section (because that is my favourite era).

It appears that in Canon, the same as Legends, the Venator has a peak reactor output equivalent to 3.6e24 Joules (860 Teratons)?

Anyway without giving contextual spoilers away the feat is that a bunch of Jedi across the galaxy join minds to stop this ship as it's moving at near-lightspeed. Another great feat for Jedi working together.
I know about this disaster from the preview.

Now my question is: Do they actually stop the projectile or merely deflect its trajectory?

Most of the feats in this era prob wont scale to most characters outside the era. As the top tier jedi from the high republic soundly topple the top tiers from the prequel era.

Most of the feats in this era prob wont scale to most characters outside the era. As the top tier jedi from the high republic soundly topple the top tiers from the prequel era.
Yoda and Yaddle are in this era.

Wait, has Yaddle actually appeared in any of the High Republic works? Or is it only Yoda?

It happens very fast in real time.
If we can get the exact text for this feat, someone could calculate it.

Wait, has Yaddle actually appeared in any of the High Republic works? Or is it only Yoda?
Only Yoda. He's still the most powerful Jedi it seems. Avar Kriss in the novel describes his power as breathtaking and greater than that of the other Jedi across the galaxy.

Only Yoda. He's still the most powerful Jedi it seems. Avar Kriss in the novel describes his power as breathtaking and greater than that of the other Jedi across the galaxy.
Makes sense to me. Yoda is supposed to be the most powerful Jedi in history in Canon as well.

Yoda is noted specifically to be at his prime in HR.

the Top Three Jedi characters in the High republic are Avar Kriss,Porter Engle and Prime Yoda.

Avar Kriss and Yoda are in the same spectrum while Porter Engle is a bit Vague but is noted to be outright a better swordsman than Yoda.

Yoda is noted specifically to be at his prime in HR.

the Top Three Jedi characters in the High republic are Avar Kriss,Porter Engle and Prime Yoda.

Avar Kriss and Yoda are in the same spectrum while Porter Engle is a bit Vague but is noted to be outright a better swordsman than Yoda.
What about the other two Grand Masters - Veter and Lahru? Surely they also have to scale in the same ballpark as Kriss?

So, it is another feat similar to Comet Kinro with the Jedi Order banding together?

So, we'll be getting a new open world Star Wars game by Ubisoft, a new Indiana Jones game from the makers of Wolfenstein, and EA no longer has exclusivity on Star Wars games.

hello!
I'd like to note a few things

n1 Zillo beast lacks large size in p&a section

n2 Where did the low 2-C creatures go? I remember there was a page like that

n2 Where did the low 2-C creatures go? I remember there was a page like that
Bedlam Spirits, you mean? Their profile was deleted after discussions in a revision thread where it was agreed that their feats and statements were misinterpreted.

Edit: Added Large Size (Type 1) for Zillo Beast. Official height is 97 metres.

So...

25 beats per minute is apparently considered normal heart rate for a healthy human Jedi. They can seemingly calm themselves down and bring their heart rate down to that much, and maintain it as a standard?

@ByAsura
What power/ability would this be?

Free from EA exclusivity, though EA promised future Star Wars games; Battlefront 3 and a sequel to Fallen Order are safe bets. The Ubisoft open world game is made by The Division's studio, so unfortunately there is a significant chance it will be a live-service thing.

The Kirk and Spock reference is not as bad as it looks. The reference was made by one of the Whills while observing and chronicling the events in the galaxy, while an other Whill replied that he doesn't know what Kirk and Spock are. It is more likely the Whills have access to knowledge about other universes, and there is no evidence that Star Trek happened in the Star Wars galaxy or exists as published works within Star Wars.

Free from EA exclusivity, though EA promised future Star Wars games; Battlefront 3 and a sequel to Fallen Order are safe bets. The Ubisoft open world game is made by The Division's studio, so unfortunately there is a significant chance it will be a live-service thing.

The Kirk and Spock reference is not as bad as it looks. The reference was made by one of the Whills while observing and chronicling the events in the galaxy, while an other Whill replied that he doesn't know what Kirk and Spock are. It is more likely the Whills have access to knowledge about other universes, and there is no evidence that Star Trek happened in the Star Wars galaxy or exists as published works within Star Wars.
-Live service thing. Bummer.

Yeah. But to see Kirk and Spock mentioned in a Canon work is still hilarious. I hope we get more of these two Whills. I love them already XD

im so bummed that the Rebels Sequel is going to be told in Live action.
There is no guarantee that the live-action Ahsoka series is the Rebels sequel. All we can do is wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back