• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some realms of the Force extend to all time-space, but I've got nothing on individual hyperlanes being the size of universes.

Some realms of the Force extend to all time-space, but I've got nothing on individual hyperlanes being the size of universes.

"Vellis shook his head. “Hyperspace is not like realspace. Once a ship—or anything else—enters it, there’s no way to encounter anything. You’re in a bubble of space–time that nothing else can interact with, because each lane is, as far as we can tell, its own distinct plane of existence.

Avar knew she would remember those words every time she travelled in hyperspace for the rest of her life. A jump to lightspeed had become such a routine event, but each time it happened was a step away from everything familiar, a journey into a new universe, some new realm. The song of the Force was beautiful, but sometimes its indescribable vastness left her feeling insignificant, despite all her focus, all her training. It could leave her reeling."

The Tekka family are the most knowledgeable in regards to hyperspace in star wars canon.

this quote can be found near the end of chapter 23.

Damn, Hyperlanes are like drops in the ocean, as well.
  • If your navidroid miscalculated the coordinates, even a little, you could end up off the marked route, the main road through whatever hyperspace actually was, and then you’d be on a dark path leading to who knew where.

There are potentially hyperspace lanes across the entire universe, which could be infinite in size.

It's tons of speculation.

Even if individual hyperlanes are infinite, it wouldn't really be enough for 2-A Hyperspace unless each one is considered an individual space-time continuum.

Also, I found a very conclusive piece of evidence for the Force extending to Hyperspace.
  • “All things are possible through the Force,” she said. “Now take the Third Horizon and go. I have work to do, and it’s important that you deliver a direct report to Chancellor Soh about what you witnessed here. It’s not enough to tell her over the comm. None of this should have happened. There’s something wrong. I can sense it. Hyperspace is…sick, for lack of a better word.” “Of course, Master Jedi,” the admiral said. “But you should deliver that report yourself. I still don’t understand why you can’t perform your task from open space? I don’t know much about the Force, but I do know it works across great distances, and if you’re safe on the ship, at least you’ll have a way to escape if—”

Even if individual hyperlanes are infinite, it wouldn't really be enough for 2-A Hyperspace unless each one is considered an individual space-time continuum.
I thought that was what Shadow's source was saying when she mentions going into a different universe?

Grevious had so much potential as a villain. Not only was he really scary in his first 2003 appearance (which I wish was true for TCW as well), but the lore behind him joining the separatists was really well done imo.

Too bad his moment of glory was just that, a moment. He went downhill starting in ROTS imo.
Grevious had so much potential as a villain. Not only was he really scary in his first 2003 appearance (which I wish was true for TCW as well), but the lore behind him joining the separatists was really well done imo.

Too bad his moment of glory was just that, a moment. He went downhill starting in ROTS imo.
I like the new Canon a lot. But among the exceptions is Grievous. I absolutely do not like Canon Grievous. I will take the Legends version over him any day.

SCORCH appearing in bad batch was a nice surprise.
Yeah. I was indeed surprised and excited. I was also glad to see him be genuinely skilled and threatening. Needed three members of Bad Batch plus Gegor to take him down and he still got back up later to come and capture Hunter.

If the least deadly member of Delta Squad in Canon is this dangerous, imagine what Boss must be like. Ooh, boy.

This is a bit off-topic but 8-C is the best tier imo. Along with 9-A.

If the Ben 10 downgrades go through, then we have some of my favourite verses sitting within those tiers.

Now let's downgrade star wars further
I actually do like Tiers 9-A and 8-C. Tier 8-A is another favourite - monstrously powerful but not ridiculously powerful.

Rey actually does struggle with some things, I wouldn't call her quite Mary Sue category. Also, even if she was; I personally think Mary Sue characters are overhated but that's just me I guess.
Yeah. The Mary Sue hate is disproportionate and idiotic. You don't see that kind of hate for Gary Stus (though there are exceptions).

"Vellis shook his head. “Hyperspace is not like realspace. Once a ship—or anything else—enters it, there’s no way to encounter anything. You’re in a bubble of space–time that nothing else can interact with, because each lane is, as far as we can tell, its own distinct plane of existence.

Avar knew she would remember those words every time she travelled in hyperspace for the rest of her life. A jump to lightspeed had become such a routine event, but each time it happened was a step away from everything familiar, a journey into a new universe, some new realm. The song of the Force was beautiful, but sometimes its indescribable vastness left her feeling insignificant, despite all her focus, all her training. It could leave her reeling."

The Tekka family are the most knowledgeable in regards to hyperspace in star wars canon.

this quote can be found near the end of chapter 23.
Dayum... Hyperspace is ******* weird.

I found something else in the book. I've heard this "ur-space" term before, from real life and other franchises, but I can't exactly define it.
  • No…the Gaze Electric didn’t move, it maneuvered. The massive ship plunged and rose, making impossibly tight turns, diving into tiny offshoots of the main road and finding itself in an entirely new ur-space. It followed routes that could not be seen and could not be repeated.

theres prob some good feats out in the other HR books, I haven't been able to really read any one of the YA and Junior novels consistently.

I found something else in the book. I've heard this "ur-space" term before, from real life and other franchises, but I can't exactly define it.
  • No…the Gaze Electric didn’t move, it maneuvered. The massive ship plunged and rose, making impossibly tight turns, diving into tiny offshoots of the main road and finding itself in an entirely new ur-space. It followed routes that could not be seen and could not be repeated.
im still trying to figure out how Mari San Tekka is capable of seeing the paths, it's not explained really well in the books but the ability to see different planes of existence that are separate from the other planes of existence is pretty fucken bonkers for a non-force sensitive.

Edit: not non force sensitive but a non Jedi.
she is force sensitive lol

Yeah. I was indeed surprised and excited. I was also glad to see him be genuinely skilled and threatening. Needed three members of Bad Batch plus Gegor to take him down and he still got back up later to come and capture Hunter.

If the least deadly member of Delta Squad in Canon is this dangerous, imagine what Boss must be like. Ooh, boy.
@Soldier_Blue

Hoping we get a full-on Bad Batch vs Delta Squad fight for the finale.

It's explained as a force power, IIRC. Some characters in SW have high midichlorian counts, but don't quite have the ability to manipulate it.

It's explained as a force power, IIRC. Some characters in SW have high midichlorian counts, but don't quite have the ability to manipulate it.
no I know it's a force power but it's explained as Force power lets you see this stuff and thats it.

Ok.

Anyway, Ur-spaces seem to be Hilbert Spaces, or pockets of space, time, matter, energy, etc? Idk, there's something called Ur-theory, but it's incredibly vague when it comes to this stuff.

I'm not sure. The Force in Legends extends to the 4th dimension and into different universes outside realspace/hyperspace.

So does Canon technically have a larger cosmology than legends?
That's a good question

Legends has a lot of trouble even differentiating the galaxy and the universe
a lot of times the galaxy has been referred as the totality of their existence while some other parts of the lore points in the direction of a full universe
it's obviously a universe because the vong exist and the universe-mind controlling helmet exist but they never really established how the cosmology works

Supernatural Encounters establishes a physical multiverse alongisde a higher dimension but the canon status of the book is dubious

Yup. This is Base Delta Zero worthy.

That's a good question

a lot of times the galaxy has been referred as the totality of their existence while some other parts of the lore points in the direction of a full universe
it's obviously a universe because the vong exist and the universe-mind controlling helmet exist but they never really established how the cosmology works

Supernatural Encounters establishes a physical multiverse alongisde a higher dimension but the canon status of the book is dubious
Vitiate explicitly states that beyond the galaxy we know in Star Wars are other galaxies. And, yeah, the Vong are a thing.

"[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies."

"He would use the dark side of the Force to control everything and everyone. What's more, he was capable of it."

Sheev is power

Ngl, canon has this problem as well. It's actually less established, but far more obvious.

wasnt Palpatine also planning to take over the universe eventually
He was planning so in Legends. Not sure about Canon; just the galaxy.

"[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies."

"He would use the dark side of the Force to control everything and everyone. What's more, he was capable of it."

Sheev is power
Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto get stabbed by Sheev's lightsaber.

Sheev: You've been Sheev'ed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back