• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not, at the very least I would need references for the Force powers which I'm too lazy to do 😴
Also, you should probably do something like the Haki page and list stages to determine what Force users get what abilities by default-

Also, you should probably do something like the Haki page and list stages to determine what Force users get what abilities by default-
Idk, I could list the powers which most force users, jedi at the very least, would have as outlined by the Jedi Path book.

Have any of you seen the deleted fight scenes? I find some of them better than what we got in the movies

8-D503-AAC-2-CBE-4-DAB-8-F2-D-7-A3-E5-E6-B0-F90.jpg

I mean a different kind hate. I love them but their hypocrisy caused their downfall. Mace was pretty ass to anakin too

I love Plo koon and Obi wan
I don't see how they were hypocrites, at least not to the point where they killed themselves. It was Palpatine and Anakin who take the blame for that.

Mace wasn't really an ass to Anakin to be honest.

Sure, he initially disagreed about bringing Anakin into the Order but iirc when Anakin's recruitment is out to a vote for the second time, Yoda is the only one who rejects it. There's also a (now Legends) comic which shows Mace talking to Yoda and saying they should let Anakin in.

In fact, in Episode 2 it's Mace Windu who defends Anakin to Obi-Wan of all people. He says Anakin has exceptional skills and in one of the deleted scenes tells Obi-Wan he should have more faith in Anakin.

I'll also say that the few episodes they were on together Mace and Anakin made a good team in TCW.

The only other time that I can think off where Mace didn't seem to like Anakin was in ROTS which we can easily explain through the stress Mace is going through as shown in the novelisation as well as Star Wars Insider Special Edition (2021)

"The Jedi are like atomic bombs: they have so much power, but they really don’t want to use it. Mace is a masterful warrior who doesn’t relish fighting. Such use of his power goes against his code, but if he doesn’t use it, what will become of the Republic? As a member of the Jedi Council, he is under pressure because he is a leader. He’s forced into an uncomfortable situation where he is doing something he doesn’t entirely agree with for what he believes is ultimately the greater good.
But he has to be sure of himself because he has so many others looking to him for direction."
- Matt Owens, Star Wars Insider Special Edition, 2021

Couple that with Anakin's position in the Council being a ploy done by Sidious and it makes sense for Mace to have suspicions about Anakin.

Also, in ROTS Mace unfortunately didn't really end up wrong about where Anakin's loyalties lay.

Now this isn't to say that the idea that Mace was mean to Anakin is not entirely without merit, writers such as Mike Chen and even Dave Filoni believe Mace was mean to Anakin for example. Different writers have different opinions.

But after watching the films and TCW, as well other material such as comics and books featuring Mace Windu (read Shatterpoint btw it's awesome) I believe that Mace is a cool Jedi.

"Mace is a voice of reason. He thinks before he speaks. He's pretty calculating, mostly even-tempered, and he's not to be trifled with. He knows that the war is coming and he has a pretty good idea who is behind it. [...] Mace Windu has known Obi-Wan Kenobi for a very long time. Mace was a contemporary of Qui-Gon Jinn. He understood his faults and admired his qualities and can see that Obi-Wan has taken on some of Qui-Gon's strongheadedness by wanting to train Anakin Skywalker." - Samuel L. Jackson, as reported in Star Wars Insider: The Skywalker Saga Collector’s Edition, 2021

I don't see how they were hypocrites, at least not to the point where they killed themselves. It was Palpatine and Anakin who take the blame for that.

Mace wasn't really an ass to Anakin to be honest.

Sure, he initially disagreed about bringing Anakin into the Order but iirc when Anakin's recruitment is out to a vote for the second time, Yoda is the only one who rejects it. There's also a (now Legends) comic which shows Mace talking to Yoda and saying they should let Anakin in.

In fact, in Episode 2 it's Mace Windu who defends Anakin to Obi-Wan of all people. He says Anakin has exceptional skills and in one of the deleted scenes tells Obi-Wan he should have more faith in Anakin.

I'll also say that the few episodes they were on together Mace and Anakin made a good team in TCW.

The only other time that I can think off where Mace didn't seem to like Anakin was in ROTS which we can easily explain through the stress Mace is going through as shown in the novelisation as well as Star Wars Insider Special Edition (2021)

"The Jedi are like atomic bombs: they have so much power, but they really don’t want to use it. Mace is a masterful warrior who doesn’t relish fighting. Such use of his power goes against his code, but if he doesn’t use it, what will become of the Republic? As a member of the Jedi Council, he is under pressure because he is a leader. He’s forced into an uncomfortable situation where he is doing something he doesn’t entirely agree with for what he believes is ultimately the greater good.
But he has to be sure of himself because he has so many others looking to him for direction."
- Matt Owens, Star Wars Insider Special Edition, 2021

Couple that with Anakin's position in the Council being a ploy done by Sidious and it makes sense for Mace to have suspicions about Anakin.

Also, in ROTS Mace unfortunately didn't really end up wrong about where Anakin's loyalties lay.

Now this isn't to say that the idea that Mace was mean to Anakin is not entirely without merit, writers such as Mike Chen and even Dave Filoni believe Mace was mean to Anakin for example. Different writers have different opinions.

But after watching the films and TCW, as well other material such as comics and books featuring Mace Windu (read Shatterpoint btw it's awesome) I believe that Mace is a cool Jedi.

"Mace is a voice of reason. He thinks before he speaks. He's pretty calculating, mostly even-tempered, and he's not to be trifled with. He knows that the war is coming and he has a pretty good idea who is behind it. [...] Mace Windu has known Obi-Wan Kenobi for a very long time. Mace was a contemporary of Qui-Gon Jinn. He understood his faults and admired his qualities and can see that Obi-Wan has taken on some of Qui-Gon's strongheadedness by wanting to train Anakin Skywalker." - Samuel L. Jackson, as reported in Star Wars Insider: The Skywalker Saga Collector’s Edition, 2021
Another reason why the novel is better than the movie when it comes to story.

You seem like a massive fan of Mace. Do you think he should return like in Star wars theorys Vader series?

Another reason why the novel is better than the movie when it comes to story.

You seem like a massive fan of Mace. Do you think he should return like in Star wars theorys Vader series?
Matthew Stover is awesome yeah.

I don't really watch Star Wars Theory, or most Star Wars youtubers for that matter.

As for Mace returning, I'm kinda conflicted like on one hand, Mace coming back and maybe meeting Ezra would be pretty cool but on the other hand, I don't really trust Disney to execute it well.

Matthew Stover is awesome yeah.

I don't really watch Star Wars Theory, or most Star Wars youtubers for that matter.

As for Mace returning, I'm kinda conflicted like on one hand, Mace coming back and maybe meeting Ezra would be pretty cool but on the other hand, I don't really trust Disney to execute it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back