• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stats for Mystery Skulls Lewis?

Seeing as he's now been in two separate animations and has amassed a pretty big fandom as well as being pretty badass at times (even having a fight scene in the new animation complete with ectoplasmic flame punches), I think it's fair to say that maybe he should have a page on here.

Mystery Skulls Animated - Freaking Out
Mystery Skulls Animated - Freaking Out

Mystery Skulls Animated - Ghost
Mystery Skulls Animated - Ghost

He isn't entirely featless, he was able to make an entire mansion out of thin air with his ghost powers, and he exploded a large sized hallway with ecto-flame. The only thing that bothers me is his speed. I rewatched both videos a couple times, but he doesn't really have anything impressive or calc-able. I'm not the best at this kind of stuff, so I was wondering what you guys thought?

Transforming the truck and that mansion feat seem like two solid Small Building feats, didn't really spot anything else for stats, though.

Darkanine said:
Transforming the truck and that mansion feat seem like two solid Small Building feats, didn't really spot anything else for stats, though.
Keep in mind that he totally created and then vanished the house back into nothing, making it way more then just if he had shattered it or fractured it

If he completely created it out of nothing, then that could actually be a pretty huge feat. For example, a character who was able to completely create a small wooden crate was calc'd to be as high as Small City level, with a house as big as that it could be well into the Mountain level range, if not higher!

If not, it can still be a solid building to large-building feat, which is still really cool.

Creation feats yielding high results like those: the Transformouse example you cited, the OFF profiles, I know there's a good few others lying about: rely on using Mass-Energy conversion (that is, converting pure energy entirely into matter), which requires either a believable statement or planety of evidence to back up.

ThePerpetual said:
Creation feats yielding high results like those: the Transformouse example you cited, the OFF profiles, I know there's a good few others lying about: rely on using Mass-Energy conversion (that is, converting pure energy entirely into matter), which requires either a believable statement or planety of evidence to back up.

I see, I'm not really well versed in this kind of stuff so my mistake. Still, building to large building is still quite respectable.

Is this just a YouTube web animation, or an official notable work? If it is the former, or something similar, I am afraid that we cannot make a page for it.

A YouTube web animation with over 14 million views (for just the first one) and an official album that's being sold on iTunes seems notable enough to me.

Well, we have a rule about that YouTube personalities and the like should go to the Joke Battles wiki, and the fan characters either there or to FCOC.

If we allow this, it would lead to a slippery slope of lots of demands for other YouTube video characters, and we strictly stick to official releases of well-developed fully realised characters.

Anyway, a 4-minute throwaway music video character does not cut it. Sorry.

Or FC/OC too. I mean i have allowed the use of making fan or original characters that are owned by others but i allow them so long as they are noted to be owned by their original creators...

That's understandable, I have seen places that are to lenient with rules and have become...well, they've become huge messes. Do we have any definition of what counts as an "official" series or not though? That term always confused me.

No, we do not. Only about what does not count. I am not certain where exactly to draw the line myself, but they must be published, notable, original, popular, and fully realised characters.

And yes, frankly I am worried about what will happen to this place when I am gone, in terms of the regulations and systems fracturing and moving towards chaos.

There have been indications lately that this might be the case, unless all our staff members consistently think in terms of consequences to drastic changes.

Antvasima said:
And yes, frankly I am worried about what will happen to this place when I am gone, in terms of the regulations and systems fracturing and moving towards chaos.
There have been indications lately that this might be the case, unless all our staff members consistently think in terms of consequences to drastic changes.
Despite him obviously not being omnipresent, I believe Kav has very good judgment on this sort of thing, so I wouldn't worry, too much.

I hope so, but the rest of you will have to make a consistent effort in this regard as well.

I am heavily inserting myself into this manner due to the character involved and the wiki i am associated with.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, a 4-minute throwaway music video character does not cut it. Sorry.
That's very opinionated. The character has had two different music videos (and I think they're making it into a series, so there will be more to come), actually has a deep personality and backstory, and is the main mascot for a published album. The video and character is also insanely popular. 14,000,000 might seem like some random abstract number, but to put it into perspective, the Megalovania extended cover has around 13,000,000 views. This isn't just some throwaway character from a music video someone made in their basement with a couple thousand views. It's actually professionally made and has a huge fandom around the character, and someone will probably eventually try and use it in a fight.​

TheMightyRegulator said:
If we have a rule against youtube personalities being hosted on this site, I don't see how its popularity is relevant here.
It isn't like that's ever stopped profiles being made on the wiki before.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Batter

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Jack_Noir_(Beta)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tricky_the_Clow

Just off the top of my head, here are three separate characters all from different non-published web series that got on the wiki without any problem or resistance. I'm sure there are many more, but these are just the few I know.

By the by, this is most certainly not a YT personality. You're thinking of people like Jhontron or Egoraptor. This is a fictional character with an actual backstory and personality and powerset from Mystery Skulls animated music video series, not a persona used by someone who plays video games or reviews movies.
Lewis the raging flame by kenj-d86aag9

They're... not YouTube personalities. That's not what a YT personality is, that's more like JonTron or something like that.

The argument in play is that this can't be equated to the slippery slope argument, as the source material isn't associated with what you're associating it with.

-"If we allow this, it would lead to a slippery slope of lots of demands for other YouTube video characters, and we strictly stick to official releases of well-developed fully realised characters."

This is an "official release" of a character with a realized personality and such as provided as part of the video. In that sense it's more akin to Homestuck than say, making a profile of Rebecca Black or something based on her videos. A real-life personality doesn't equate to a fictional cartoon character.

Now, as for the criteria:

-"they must be published,"

A published ongoing musical video series that tells its stories through a music video?

-"notable,"

Pretty sure consistently getting millions of views on its stuff counts as notable given how obscure a large chunk of the pages on the site are in comparison.

-"original,"

Uuuuhhh, they bear a bit of resemblance to Scooby Doo I guess? Really don't see how you would argue that one.

-"popular,"

...see above.

-"and fully realised characters."

They seem pretty realized to me, in one vid they're already displaying enough personality to pass as human beings more effectively than quite a good chunk of "actual" characters. It's not like it's not telling an ongoing story, either, literally a 1-minute Google search filled me in on a decent bit of the story.

Basically, if you're going to disallow something, disallow it for the right reasons, not because you've had enough of it. -_-

Yeah, which is why I don't understand you closing the thread so prematurely for presicely that reason.

A bit passive-aggressive of me, and I'll apologize for that. I'm just saying that this guy's trying to ask a question, he's not being inflammatory or a troll, and he just sort of got dismissed as if he wasn't worth our time. This has in fact happened to this guy several times now on this wiki when he added a page, and never once did anyone ever bother to explain to him what, if anything, he was doing wrong. (notice the empty message board)

This is a friend of mine, see, and I'm trying to ease him into this place: constant and repeated denial of his pages without listening to the argument in play is sort of disappointing. I should know, that was me once.

Anyhow, back on topic...

Well, as far as I understand, Homestuck and the Batter come from extensive video game series, whereas this, excuse me for the language, is an effing 4-minute YouTube music video, so I personally think that adding it is absurd, and would lead to lots of demands for similar nonsense.

So, sorry, but I am not going to budge on this matter, considering the potential consequences.

As for Tricky the Clown, I am not familiar with the character, but as always, several wrongs do not make a right.

On the matter, i'm starting to think it would indeed be better to shift this towards JBW. We cover most of the random internet crap.

A large number of said videos produced over a period of over a year exist, you know. I understand, though, if you aren't budging then that's fine, I simply felt the need to clear up any confusion.

@Skodwarde I agree, and if "Madness Combat" characters, such as Tricky, are similarly obscure, we should delete those profiles as well.

Yes YouTube, advertisement, or obscure media based profiles (even if they are given legitamate stats) are ideal for Joke Battles Wiki. I agree with what Skodwarde and Ant have brought up. It'd perhaps be best to either place profiles for this music video on JBW or in FC/OC depending on what their stance towards these types of profiles is, which judging by what Cross has said, are allowed there as well.

So, about Tricky the Clown, and Madness Combat: What is this exactly, and should we remove these profiles for some measure of consistency's sake?

From what I have gathered it appears Madness Combat is a series of animated Flash shorts online. Way less notable than Skull Lewis given that it is less popular and not professionably made. That should be taken down as well @Ant

Ryukama said:
From what I have gathered it appears Madness Combat is a series of animated Flash shorts online. Way less notable than Skull Lewis given that it is less popular and not professionably made. That should be taken down as well @Ant
I already have the pic and transcript on my phone.

Okay. I will remove them. Thank you for the reply.

Back