• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steve can neither mine nor craft

Looking at Steve's profile, I noticed a glaring omission, the aforementioned lacking of mining and crafting. It is possibly included under "Survival Expert", though the scope of that could include anything from his ability to farm wild potatoes to being able to construct mansions with nearby materials within a couple of days.

Being able to deconstruct and reconstruct the world is core part of Minecraft, and to have it go unstated feels off. While the player is obviously player-controlled, building in combat is viable strategy and an iconic part of his kit. Everything from digging into a hill or hole to hide out your first night, to walling off cave segments to stop you from being ambushed, to either pillaring up or trapping enemies in pits to avoid their range, etc.

What got me thinking about this was the underground mobility thread, which may fit Steve. I am neutral on this, believing it comes down to whatever "high speed" means. I think it is clear that Steve is capable of burrowing underground, but he will always be slower than his normal speed, even with better equipment.

On his profile, he has shovels and pickaxes listed as standard equipment and has dimensional storage to collect any dirt or stone he digs up, I think the simplest change would just to add two notable techniques: One for breaking through terrain, such as tunneling through walls or creating pits, and collecting it for later use, and the other for using stored material to create walls, bridges and pillars.

Steve should also have weapon creation, with the note that he needs to collect the raw materials from the environment, which appears to be allowed for in the ability description.

I choose weapon creation for the line: The power to manifest and utilize weapons, whether this is from thin air, energy, or other materials in one's surroundings.

I can see the argument for preparation instead of weapon creation however, and I am rather neutral. I just think that Steve/Alex should have something to represent the "craft" part of minecraft.

I think steve should have both weapon creation and preparation, with enough time you can make/do a looot of shit in minecraft other than just make straightforward weapons

I think Preparation encompasses everything he's missing tbh. All of the stuff would fall into Preparation in one way or another.

While I agree that preparation fits and probably fits better than weapon creation, I do think that the building is still missing, even considering giving him preparation because those are things which he can do in mid-combat. Him digging pits and through walls could probably be assumed through his standard equipment and AP, but he can also create simple structures (walls, bridges, pillars) during combat. And while it can be some what inferred through his other abilities, I do think that could be more explicit.

Him building during combat would also fall under Preparation apparently. I've made threads regarding the subject in the past, apparently Preparation doesn't need to be before a fight so would also fit from building during said fight.

Preparation being that broad feels off, but that would be a change to Preparation rather than Steve. Though for Steve, he should have Preparation because it generally fits and then can have notable techniques for destructing and rebuilding the environment.

Back