• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steve immortality deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RALFdoang

He/Him
Immortality (Type 4. They can respawn after being killed, and be instantly resurrected when killed with a Totem of Undying)

It's really ridiculous if you take creative mode as game mechanic, but allowing respawn system to stand in its profile, instead.

The respawn system itself is just a general game mechanic that almost every game used in. Also, the respawn system doesn't has any relation to the lore due to minecraft itself lacking a lore.

So the respawn system doesn't has a clear reason to stand in the profile.

The totem part.

Instead of clasify the totem as Immortality 4, i think it should be clasified as Ressurection instead. That's because the use of the totem itself is really limited, unlike the other Immortality 4 user that could use those ability for unlimited use. (Unless i wrong regarding ressurection and immortality 4 term)

I'm not so sure about this one. Minecraft of course being a game with nearly nothing outside of the game itself, you could call a lot of things just game mechanics
anyways, there's stuff that functions based on the respawn system's existence too, like beds and items being dropped. I feel there should be more input on here than just 2 people

I feel like this CRT doesn't tackle the actual reasons why Steve currently has immortality, namely the respawn anchor, the existence of respawns in official Minecraft trailers and to a lesser extent beds + the end poem.

I'm not so sure about this one. Minecraft of course being a game with nearly nothing outside of the game itself, you could call a lot of things just game mechanics
anyways
Yeah, i think we should create a better standard to considered between minecraft canon ability and game mechanic.

Last edited:
But it was agreed upon that the End poem is non-canon in the tier 1 CRT, though?
No, it was agreed to be metaphorical/flowery. Aspects from it can be used to support other things. Besides, my main point was that the CRT wasn't tackling any of the reasons why the immortality was there in the first place.

Limited, very very very limited and it's useless outside nether
The respawn anchor doesn't make Steve resurrect by itself, it simply redirects where Steve would respawn to that location. Also I'm pretty sure it works when Steve is outside of the Nether too (if already set up in the Nether)

Minecraft trailers are not Canon, it's just a promotion for the development and updating of Minecraft, it's not even related to the Lore or Canon ability for Players
Hard to argue canonicity for Minecraft of all things. The trailers are flimsy evidence, sure, but they show what the developers believe are the relevant features of the game.

Is this old or something? I hope they don't delete it so I have to say, do you know that the curse of vanishing exists?
is when you die, the item with the enchantment disappears.
which means that the respawn is canon, because:
A. It doesn't make sense that an object disappears with your death, because if not,then how you are gonna use things that are have not the curse of vanishing
B.

I seriously have to explain why the hell the end poem and the trailers are valid? The end poem is not a ''metaphor'' you could say it is, but the problem is that the only damn bit of lore there is, in the rest of the game, there is nothing.
nothing about the story, nothing about what happened, nothing about the end, nothing, that's why I wonder, why would this be something invalid, if there is nothing that contradicts this, because in the first place not one thing is mentioned in the game .
apart from the fact that the creative mode is not a game mechanic, because in the end poem it is mentioned that the player can see numbers and codes (another way of saying commands)or even the fact that everything is just a dream,

It would mean that no matter how surreal an "infinite" world is, that's how it is, it's a dream, in a dream, such a ridiculous thing can happen, it's not "real"

the fact respawning is a general game mechanic is a reason it should be removed? thats the dumbest reason i've ever heard for an ability to be removed.

so far you've said 'Coming back after death is a general game mechanic, therefore it shouldn't be on the profile' and 'theres no in lore reason' despite the fact minecraft is more vague about 'lore' than Dark Souls.

so far, i very heavily disagree.

Last edited:
i really show how the respawn is canon,literraly the curse of vanishing exist.
and it wouldn't make sense that it exists, if you only have one life (that would only be in hardcore)

that actually reminds me to ask.

how can you prove Hardcore mode is the 'canon' gamemode when by all purposes it's treated as a game modifier for more difficulty? if it were the main gamemode it'd be the first thing the game shows you, but survival mode is, the gamemode which has the respawn in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back