• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steve (Minecraft) VS Drizzt (DnD)

Given that Drizzt has a resistance to slashing attacks, and that Steve is likely to charge in with a sword after eating an enchanted golden apple, I'll probably give it to Steve with mid-high difficulty. It'll take him time to realize that slashing attacks won't scratch him before he'll try using splash potions or TNT on him.

Setting: flat world

Round1: Steve hide underground before his opponent attack him...

Round2: Hours Later sunrise killed Drizzt

Round3: Steve Survive

Wins: Steve

...pretty sure that Drizzt outclasses Steve in swordplay.

I vote Drizzt, easy-to-mid difficulty. Steve has one sword, and one that he usually flails around wildly until things are dead. Why is he even an "adept swordsman" on his profile? The only thing Steve might have going for him are potions/poisons, and Drizzt has a resistance to magic and poison.

I'd almost go so far as to call this a stomp in Drizzt's favor, if not for Steve's similar attack potency and durability. This fight will come down to sword v. swords, and Drizzt has an obvious skill advantage. Even if Steve uses TNT, that couple of seconds is all Drizzt needs to successfully escape. If Steve tries to interfere with that, he's dead, too, unless somehow he can ignite the TNT at range with an arrow.

TheNeolancer said:
645814 said:
TheNeolancer said:
Steve for Zany's reasons.
why not chose meh?
Honestly? Because you're reason makes no sense. With town level dura, Drizzt can easily just carve throuch the dirt with a swing of a sword.
Swords can't thrust Minecraft's Dirt, that's canon. your reasoning thumbs up cuz it's facts. think my setting again.. logic's EVERYWHERE. I mean Drizzt had hard time mining through dirt without shovel. if Steve's weak he had another option "Dig and Hide cowardly" then "eventually wins", time's on his side.

Man, this thread makes me realize I've only read 6 of the, like, 30 books Drizzt has. I need to get to them eventually.

Anyway, I may be underselling Steve here, but I give this to Drizzt.

Does Drizzt have access to the Figurine of Wondrous Power in this fight? If so, then Steve is fighting against not only Drizzt, but Guenhwyvar as well, and they are both of comparable power. Don't know if that counts as outside help, however. Drizzt is also likely a capable archer and has a magic bow with infinite ammo on his side, or with the Darkness ability can blind Steve. Steve's invisibility is also negated by Faerie Fire, which I'm pretty sure Drizzt has used on already invisible foes, but don't quote me on that. Drizzt and Guenhwyvar have dealt with magic and area of effect attacks before, and the Evasion feat would help reduce the splash potion's effects. Also, in a melee Drizzt would be to close for Splash Potions to be useful, as they'd end up harming Steve as well.

645814's vote should not be counted because SBA say that without a specified location, a battle takes place in central park, not a flat word and sunlight doesn't kill drizzt

Overlord775 said:
no, game mechanics are never allowed
i suggest the setting as a Game not stomp battle liek character to IRL i prefer a Game setting rather than being unfair in "who's stronger/faster" in RealLife like setting.

/

no, that isn't allowed, because by game mechanics steve can't survive a 100 meters fall (something that even wall level characters can survive)

Overlord775 said:
no, that isn't allowed, because by game mechanics steve can't survive a 100 meters fall (something that even wall level characters can survive)
dude fall damage doesn't matter here. The tiering system also had a hard time pin point steve's durability due making a Minecraft into a real physics it's just just there's poly-physics applied in the game's literally a nonsense explanation of Minecraft-InRealLife Physics are always differs to a different class of objects: cloud always float westward without wind(WTF?), items/blocks float actually defies physics - game mechanics? in Minecraft-InRealLife items/blocks can still pixelated? nonsense still burned by a simple fire albeit it's an iron/gold/emerald/diamond nonsense items/blocks are still float in vsBattle nonsense , Minecraft's only considered canon are End Poem said Minecraft's infinite whilst considering 30'000 km^2 are canon due to Minecraft's sun/moon illusion still i think of a sun/moon should be as a conceptual/virtual object to 3D-infinite flat infinite of Overworld it's tiring to think moon/sun are finite equally finite to Overworld was as a game mechanics, steve/alex right now (2017+) with shulker box as a spatial storage weighing a massive items/blocks (nearly infinite) are canon can utterly impact to logic of striking strenght but weak due by considering shulker box as a pocket dimension weighing to zero due steve can run/walk/jump despite carrying a heavy items/blocks are considered game mechanics (WTF? that reason's a b***s**t) it's tiring to think Steve's striking strenght equally lifting strenght by inventory as game mechanic but Steve's gravity interaction as game mechanic (that's illogical mass-gravity conversion because both are considered as game mechanic and nothing more) and i think Steve's carrier should be like left&right hands and armors are lifting strenght while 8 hotbars&inventory are pocket dimension with this method that Hotbar item selectio thingy in 9hotbars, I think it's necesarry also a Hotbar item selections as a space hammer.

- by poly-physics it's just an unnecessary word, poly-(many) plus physics due there's a different comparison to a game-physics interactions.

- i just explain what people think about game mechanics (correct me if i'm wrong or what do you think?)

Drizzt probably doesnt know anything about that, Overlord775 what you said's a fact but i think you mistook to what i said that i prefer a Game setting a game-steve vs game-drizzt to become a fair fight rather than game-reality.

steve durability is scaled to the enderdragon's casual 25 Kilotons attack, and for the inventory thing, all the character that have something like that, have it classified as hammerspace and not lifting strenght. game mechaininc are considered non-cannon as they often don't make sense or contraddict the lore/story, esemple: the Dovahkiin has magic and weapons that can kill dragons, he can't break wood doors

Overlord775 said:
steve durability is scaled to the enderdragon's casual 25 Kilotons attack, and for the inventory thing, all the character that have something like that, have it classified as hammerspace and not lifting strenght. game mechaininc are considered non-cannon as they often don't make sense or contraddict the lore/story, esemple: the Dovahkiin has magic and weapons that can kill dragons, he can't break wood doors
well i (already) agree with you but i said Steve vs Drizzt fight's setting's in a game still.. wait a minute...

LetMeReread

what if a battle set on game, Steve's still weak wtf i didn't notice their HP's in comparison hm.. still Steve's had a chance to win by "dig a hole and hide" the next scenario was "Drizzt had a hard time slicing dirt in a half thus eventually died by exposing to the sun of minecraft". place: flat in minecraft world

i think :/ 10% winning rate and 80% lose rate.

this fight.. i dunno who dafqing would win in this fight i thought. #INCONCLUSIVE

Current vote count:

Steve: 3 Zanybrainy2000 , TheNeolancer

Drizzt: 3
Korudo Daio Overlord775 Derp City

consensus: discounting 645814's vote because of a fallacious arguement. The golden rule of vsbattles in this is this, taken straight from the Game Mechanics page: "Game mechanics are considered non-canon, and using them in an argument is considered fallacious.

In recent years, it seems like numerous individuals have forgotten this basic meaning and arbitrarily call matters that aren't game mechanics, game mechanics."

Even then, there are examples to debunk 645814's claims, as stated below:

TL;DR: Drizzt doesn't die from sun exposure, his magical bow Taulmaril the Heartseeker can pierce through massive stone boulders and continue on to penetrate multiple targets on the other side, so dirt wouldn't impede him. Superior skillset, superior weaponry, superior intellect/tactics = win for Drizzt.

Long version:

Drizzt does not die from sunlight exposure. He's spent decades on the surface, living under direct full daylight, staring at every sunrise and sunset he can.

Drizzt would win. He has superior sword skills, and with his feats he can outmaneuver Steve easily. He's used Faerie Fire to outline invisible opponents, can rapidly close the distance between himself and his foe by using the "ghost step" maneuver, which utilizes his opponent's weapon as an optical barrier to perform swift, unseen movements. He can even fight blind, and see in the darkness underground, as well as track enemies in the dark--so even if Steve tried to hurriedly dig to hide, Drizzt would be able to easily track him due to the years he spent living alone in the Underdark, a place much more dangerous than anything the main Minecraft world has to offer.

There's literally no scenario here where Steve wins. If your entire arguement is based on Steve hiding and waiting for sun exposure to kill Drizzt, then you're terribly misinformed. Presuming Steve can even manage to escape and hide (EXTREMELY unlikely with Speed Equalized and Drizzt's abilities as a Ranger, giving him skill bonuses to Tracking), there's absolutely nothing saying that Drizzt couldn't easily penetrate any hasty dirt or stone defenses with Taulmaril the Heartseeker, which has, in canon, easily penetrated through a solid boulder to go right through two goblins that were standing on the other side.

And for the record--I'm pretty sure game mechanics aren't used here, or (for an unrelated example) Mewtwo would be able to out-prioritize and out-power everyone else with the "Me First" move, which grants priority, which beats any speed stat in the Pokemon games, and uses a more powerful version of whatever the opponent is attacking with. >_>

Korudo Daio wrote:

Current vote count:
Steve: 3 Zanybrainy2000 , TheNeolancer

Drizzt: 3 Korudo Daio Overlord775 Derp City

- stuff -

well no problem i vote for Steve via Steve's slight slower to Drizzt but stronger then Drizzt. Builder Survivalist >>>>>> Hunter Virgi

Steve:

+ Resurrection and Totem of undying will give him Better Prep. in next round (ppl re-update his profile and accepted his resurrection ability as standard, on par Undertale Frisk)

+ Stronger

+ Smarter

+ HAG

+ Arsenal Advantage:

Block_Manipulation(blocks) via logic not as game mechanic, anyway did you forget he's a builder not a warrior like Drizzt

Enhanced_Crafting(anvil/enchanting) weapons,tools,armors

Improbable_Weapon_Proficiency(blocks and items) 1 meter gold cube as a weapon would weaken his Stamina albeit being Dark Elf but his opponent is otherworldly it also to negates Ad'non's Shirt effectiveness

Enchanted Apple can blitz Drizzt

• Slowness: Slows down the enemy's movements to a crawl.
  • Weakness: Reduces the enemy's physical strength greatly.
  • Decay: Causes the target to slowly withers and decompose away.
  • Instant Harming: A kind of poison that instantly dishes out damage against the enemy. These damages ignore any armor that the target possesses instead dealing direct damage to their body.
= Attack Potency, Durability,

- Slower (still can defeat Enderman)

- could somehow endure Drizzt Arsenal

- usually giving enemies enough time to escape. He can be interrupted while slinging arrows.

Drizzt:

+ Faster (stronger monsters)

+ Soul based attacks

+ Arsenal Advantage:

• Twinkle: Was a gift from Malachor Harpell. This magical scimitar has a keen edge and glows when danger is near, further enhancing his natural danger sense. It also has the ability to help improve the wielder's defenses, making them more difficult to hit, and can augment its attacks with radiant damage.
  • Taulmaril: A bow and arrow enchanted to amplify all of its shots with magical lightning. The accompanying quiver is enchanted to never run out of arrows, and can blast apart large boulders with just one shot. It can alternatively inflict raw force damage instead.
  • Ad'non's Shirt: This dark lightweight silk shirt is magically enchanted to help protect him from slashing attacks, almost entirely negating cuts.
  • Bracers of the Blinding Strike: Taken from Dantrag the Weapons Master of House Baenre, they increase the wearer's movement speed.
  • Figurine of Wondrous Power: Won from the drow Masoj early in his journey, this figurine allows him to summon forth his best friend, the magical panther Guenhwyvar, from the Ethereal Plane. Fighting as a panther normally does, it otherwise shares his resistances and senses, is almost as physically capable as Drizzt himself, and is almost as smart as him as well. She can be returned to the If she is killed, she returns to the Ethereal Plane through the Figurine, and cannot be resummoned until 48 hours have passed. Should the figurine ever be destroyed, Drizzt becomes unable to summon Guenhwyvar from the Ethereal Plane or return her manually until it is restored.
  • Magical Whistle: Allows him to summon the unicorn Andahar, far superior to any mundane horse, for greater mobility. Can also impale enemies upon its horn.
= Attack Potency, Durability

- not strong as steve

- not very smart as Steve

- Younger

considering the huge AP difference (25 Kilotons vs 13 kilotons), the only thing that drizzt could use to harm steve is soul manipulation, also i never voted, just pointed out things

How does Dizzt's Soul manip even work. If involves contact, Steve can just fly around and peck him with arrows. Y'know unless the firework trick is game mechanics...

Drizzt, as a drow, has magic and poison resistance, though. He could fight off the effects of the enchanted apple, as he's fought off countless other magical detriments and poisons. Another thing is, how is Steve "otherworldly", and how does that negate Ad'non's shirt?

"not as smart as Steve"

Again, how? People have noted countless times in the Drizzt books that Drizzt would have made an equally adept and intelligent mage or craftsman as he is a fighter--he simply preferred the martial route, and specialized himself in that area.

I'll give Steve the durability, but most of these other arguements I see as being nil; Drizzt's drow resistances to magic and poison would fight off the Enchanted Apple and Splash effects, fire of any kind is negated by Icingdeath, the TNT blocks could easily be escaped from before they detonate, the chances of Steve being able to successfully run and hide from a ranger of Drizzt's skill and renown are zero, and Drizzt is a better straight-up fighter than Steve. I'd also question the idea of whether or not Drizzt could hurt Steve, as Steve seems perfectly capable of taking minor damage from skeleton arrows, much in the same way as Drizzt can, in the midst of battling an orcish horde, take wounds to the exposed portions of his body, despite the typical orc being far weaker than a 12 kiloton nuclear bomb.

When it comes down to it, in my opinion, Steve doesn't have much going for him in this fight besides his durability. Drizzt isn't going to just let Steve build or craft mid-fight, after all. And does the durability apply to Steve himself, or Steve in Diamond Armor (which still has exposed portions, such as the arms and around the face, that could be targetted)?

To be fair, though, there's a fallacy on Drizzt's end--this could have changed recently, perhaps, mind, but as far as I know, the only "Soul-based attacks" Drizzt has is the fact that Icingdeath targets evil demons/outsiders, especially those related to fire, and attacks them on a metaphysical level as well as physical. Unless Steve somehow becomes an otherworldly demon or fire entity at end game, Icingdeath's soul-based strike won't work on him.

Well... 1. Steve has Massively Hypersonic Reaction and Combat Speed. Even though Drizzt is faster, Steve can still build around Drizzt and even if it doesn't work, Steve can hold his own against Drizzt for a long time before Steve or Drizzt trying out.

2. His potions can give him various stat boosts like Strength, Speed, Durability, Regenerationn etc. At Max potion, you get 60% increased stats. If saying Steve has Mach 1000 reaction time, that means by Potion of Swiftness, he has Mach 1600 reaction and Combat Speed. Probably as fast or faster than Drizzt, Steve can build around Drizzt in an obsidian cage so fast, he wouldn't be able to react to Steve, then place TNT inside the cage. Boom! Steve wins!

3. One of Steve's enchantments are Fire Aspect IV. That means that Steve can set Drizzt on fire (One of his weaknesses, Fire)

Minecraftlover67 said:
1. Speed is equalized, but Drizzt is more physically agile and better at moving his body. He'd be able to easily escape any of Steve's attempts to block him in, simply by not standing in one place. As well, Drizzt is an expert trapfinder, so attempts for Steve to lure him into a pit or trap are implausible, at best.

2. Speed is equalized. Potions take 1 second to drink, and can be interrupted. Taulmaril the Heartseeker would be able to punch straight through most blocks of materials.

3. Icingdeath makes Drizzt immune to fire, magical in origin or not.

Also, flight is not listed as one of Steve's abilities, so chances are the firework trick is considered game mechanics.

Ok, well played Korudo. You are very good at this aren't you? But I can give objections to all your statements.

1. Yes Steve isn't as agile as Drizzt, because Steve is basically blocks. But Steve can jump 1 metre in the air and 4 metres by sprinting and jumping.

2. Yes he can be interrupted by drinking potions, but don't forget his helpful splash potions. All he has to do is throw it on the ground and same stat effects as last time.

3. Because Drizzt is immune to magical attacks, it will give Steve a good run for his money, but 10 minutes he can wait till sun comes up and kills Drizzt. Plus Steve is a human so, Steve wins!

sunlight doesn't kill drizzt, also dou to SBA the battle is at midnight, because sunlight doesn't allow drizzt to fight at 100%, and SBA says that time is so that both are at their strongest

Minecraftlover67 said:
1. Drizzt has surpassed that before. He's leapt across gaps more than 5 meters across, and can jump pretty high (and used to be able to levitate).

2. Drizzt has previously shown an ability to fight off the detrimental effects of poisons and potions through sheer willpower (including an extremely potent drow sleeping poison), giving him poison resistance.

3. Sunlight does not kill Drizzt, nor does standard sunlight impede Drizzt's ability to fight in daylight, as Drizzt has acclimated himself to the surface for an entire century. If the battle takes place at midnight, then Drizzt has an advantage, because he can see in pitch black darkness thanks to Darkvision, while Steve requires external light--light that would just make him a target for Drizzt. The only "bright light" that can disorient Drizzt is if someone were to literally blast him full in the eyes with directed beams of light, or summon a magical light that shines exceedingly bright. Even then, Drizzt has high pain tolerance, and can fight blind, so light isn't really a factor for him.

And I'd just like to make this clear:

Steve's late-game AP is based off of Diamond Armor, which does not cover Steve completely. His arms, "hands", and face are exposed, making him no more durable than his early game stages--Drizzt would be able to precisely target those weak points. He has fought and defeated enemies that his swords and bow could not otherwise scratch (such as the mummified, enchanted undead cultist named Jestry, from the Neverwinter trilogy of books) by targetting armor seams and exposed skin--which Steve's armor has plenty of--with very precise cuts and thrusts.

Steve without armor is Room Level, and can take cuts and bleed from skeleton arrows. If normal steel can pierce Steve's skin, Drizzt's enchanted swords are certainly up to par.

Forgive me, but I did a calculation.

While checking The Ender Dragon page, it said it can vaporize its own body's worth of steel, which is about 25 kilotons. If low bawling Ender Dragon and say it is its most powerful attack, it will do 15 health points of Damage to Steve without armour (Steve has 20 health points). That is Town Level at least. So you will need Drizzt to attack 13 Kilotons worth of force three times to put Steve down without armour. Plus, non - enchanted Diamond armour increases health by 4x and Steve's ability to tank hits by 8x. Then Drizzt will need 133 Kilotons worth of energy to put him down. And, Steve (without any gear), can punch with a force of nearly 1.7 Kilotons, making Attack Potency Low 7-C.

"increasing health" would be considered a game mechanic. It doesn't negate the fact that Steve has exposed portions of his body, that have been shown to be perfectly susceptible to less-than-25 kiloton attacks within the game. As well, Drizzt has Town Level+ AP if he enters the Hunter state, if I've read his profile right. He's certainly up to the challenge of hacking off Steve's arms and stabbing his eyes.

Back