• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Youngest in their teams but have the highest potential

In character, but willing to kill

Starts off at 100 meters away from each other

No prior knowledge

Winner via KO, Death, Incapacitation or BFR

Who wins and why?

Steven Universe - With Weapon3
Steven Universe

VS.
Ruby 3
Ruby Rose

Steven. Higher durability (especially with the shields) and his mach 500+ reactions > Ruby's mach 300+.

Steven opens his shields which Ruby could never hope to break, even with silver eyes, creates spikes on them, and runs her over with grisly results with his superior speed.

Steven's shield and speed are too great for Ruby to deal with, and she'd just get tired, or he'd just chip away at her till she lost.

Siding with Steven.

Ruby would just tire out after assulting a bubbled Steven. He exits, barely smacks her head, she passes out. A Ruby Gem (roughly as strong but probably stronger in striking power as RWBY's Ruby) couldnt even crack his bubble after (assuming, while in space) hours of trying. Doesnt even need to kill her to win by sheer exhaustion alone.

I don't see how Ruby will get past Steven's shield, and he's faster than Ruby is.

Steven wins this one.

Steven has enough physical strength to fight with his bare hands and spiked bubble is a thing now. + reasons above

That's two more for steven, I guess this can be added.

@LordKill90908

I was only going for their 8-A stats, not to mention Ruby has Silver Eyes, so I thought it was fair.

I mean, ruby's only hope is that silver eyes would freeze Steven then she kills him, but since he's faster, and his shield is ridiculously stronger than ruby, I don't see how it was even possible for ruby to win.

Steven activates the shield and the spikes and rolls Ruby... Literally.

However... I will entertain the idea that given Steven's lack in experience in using a larger portion of his Gem powers, Ruby could possibly BFR him by rolling him off the arena. I know it seems like a stretch here, but with Ruby's semblance, and what she did during the Food Fight, it's not really that far off an idea.

I mean given Steven's nature, he's bound to play it safe, even if he's trying to kill someone. So if he stays in the Bubble or activates the Shield, Ruby will eventually find out that she can't break either and would then proceed to Semblance blitz.

I wouldn't put it past her, given all the good ideas she has come up with in the past, so my vote goes to Ruby.

Sir Ovens said:
Steven activates the shield and the spikes and rolls Ruby... Literally.
However... I will entertain the idea that given Steven's lack in experience in using a larger portion of his Gem powers, Ruby could possibly BFR him by rolling him off the arena. I know it seems like a stretch here, but with Ruby's semblance, and what she did during the Food Fight, it's not really that far off an idea.

I mean given Steven's nature, he's bound to play it safe, even if he's trying to kill someone. So if he stays in the Bubble or activates the Shield, Ruby will eventually find out that she can't break either and would then proceed to Semblance blitz.

I wouldn't put it past her, given all the good ideas she has come up with in the past, so my vote goes to Ruby.
Who would lose by BFR, if she is rolling him in another place (which is kinka hard with all those spikes) and walks back?

In any case, he cal drop the bubble and walk too as long as he knows where she is. I don't think you can count it

The Ruins where this takes place is in the sky. Also, as of the recent episode, it is quite clear that people can fall off the edge.

As for how Ruby can BFR, watch what she did in the first episode of the second season, during the food fight scene.

Sir Ovens said:
The Ruins where this takes place is in the sky. Also, as of the recent episode, it is quite clear that people can fall off the edge.
Steven can jump at least 10 km high

I don't know if Ruby can, but Steven han no problems with BFR

Tipoima said:
Are the ruins only 10 km off the ground? I had assumed that it was higher...

Sir Ovens said:
Tipoima said:
Airplanes fly 10 km off the ground

Ruins can't be that high, because Connie would die from lack of air and cold in seconds

Tipoima said:
Sir Ovens said:
Tipoima said:
Airplanes fly 10 km off the ground
Ruins can't be that high, because Connie would die from lack of air and cold in seconds
IIRC the ruins were above the cloud layer...

True to what Tipoima said though, the clouds are 6 km above us and Steven can jump higher than that, so yeah...

But out of curiosity, does it count if he has to jump back into the arena?

Also, side note: I did some mediocre calcaulations, and found out that the Arena is at least 2 km above ground.

Should I add cold and vacuum resistance to Connie? Or we just assume it's not somewhere in the stratosphere and Steven can jump back?

Tipoima said:
Should I add cold and vacuum resistance to Connie? Or we just assume it's not somewhere in the stratosphere and Steven can jump back?
I think that could be PIS due to her just being an ordinary human

Sir Ovens said:
Tipoima said:
I think that could be PIS due to her just being an ordinary Human
Plot twist: Fusing with Steven made her have hybrid powers

And yes, BFR only counts if you cant return within a reasonble time.

The real cal howard said:
Steven opens his shields which Ruby could never hope to break, even with silver eyes, creates spikes on them, and runs her over with grisly results with his superior speed.
This. Plus Steven is smarter than Ruby by a very significant margin.

Plus, if all else fails, he could always just trap her in a bubble. He learned how to "throw" his bubble, and the episode Bubble Buddies shows that it's just as hard to break on the inside as the outside.

The real cal howard said:
Plus, if all else fails, he could always just trap her in a bubble. He learned how to "throw" his bubble, and the episode Bubble Buddies shows that it's just as hard to break on the inside as the outside.
He never actually did that, but It's likely to be possible

Remember that I don't know much about RWBY

Strength: Tie

Speed: Going by what you guys say, Steven

Durability: Steven

Agility: Ruby

Intelligence: Ruby

Weaponry: Ruby without cheeseburger backpack, Steven with

Bravery: Tie

Winner: Tie 4-4

Status
Not open for further replies.